10 Things To Teach Your Kids By Age 4
I figure whatever my kids end up being or doing in life it will be my fault since I am the one who mande them what they are. My son and I have this saying this Ranger Captian at Ft. Benning that was my CO back in the Army used to tell us "Stay Alert, Stay Alive" so Whenever I stay "Stay Alert" my son will reply "Stay Alive"...
I think everyone's 4 year olds should:
1. Don't do anything that you would not find acceptable for everyone else around you to be doing. Whatever you do, make sure it does not harm others unless they threaten you first.
2. Know that most people are bad, and do not have your best interest at heart.
3. Love and protect your family above all others. Know to always put family first and the stronger in the family are obligated to protect the weaker.
4. Know how to shoot and have their finger on the ready (Obvious reasons)
5. Know they are allowed to touch any gun, knife, sword or weapon in your home under supervision only... The key being when you are there take the time with them so when you are not there they will not get killed because we were too self absorbed to take the time...
6. Swim the length of an olympic pool (This way they don't drown in the pool...)
7. Ride and ATV and Go Cart! (driving skills at an early age!)
8. know their 1-20 counting
9. Know their ABC's
10. Start learning Spanish (face it, we are surrounded by people who don't speak english and Mexico is next door... I don't know about yours, but my parents never dreamed of making me learn spanish... I want to give mine a step up so they at least can be fluent in both)
“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ---Aristotle Greek critic, philosopher, physicist, & zoologist (384 BC - 322 BC)