Forums / Gun Discussion / 1911 10mm

2 years 31 weeks ago, 1:50 PM

Gunslinger_USA

Gunslinger_USA's picture

Colonel
1911 10mm

What do you think about 10mm 1911 pistols?

Always keep your powder dry, and your eyes on the target.
2 years 31 weeks ago, 3:51 PM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

General

I've shot a few and like them. Size isn't really an issue with shooting if you have good mechanics you can shoot just about anything.

Tanfoglio has a 10mm that is better suited to the round imho. Less felt recoil in the wrist and hand and not near as much muzzle flip as a 1911. They had an issue with the first pistols cracking at the back of the ejection port but it has been changed and there is no longer an issue.

Coonan fixed the issue with their 1911 .357 S&W magnum by making the whole pistol from one solid block of hammered steel. It is kind of heavy, but you can rapid fire through a whole mag and make a 3 inch ground out at 21 - 35 feet without breaking a sweat.

Colt Delta's shoot good and handle the round though the Glock is probably the better on felt recoil and shoot-ability.

Dan Wesson makes the best 10mm 1911 imo having shot it more than a few times outside with steel setup through a course we threw together. Easy to double tap and held up everytime without any failures.

No sir, he fell into that bullet... Never argue with a stupid person. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!
2 years 31 weeks ago, 9:50 AM

Gunslinger_USA

Gunslinger_USA's picture

Colonel

Thanks for the info. I've been looking into a 10mm for a concealed carry for a long time now, and I have heard that they no longer make parts for a 10mm 1911. I don't know if this true or not, but that's something I have research more.

2 years 31 weeks ago, 8:29 AM

MattyTheJet

MattyTheJet's picture

Lieutenant General
10mm

I want a 10mm, not sure what variety though. Of course, I am a 1911 fan, so I might go that route now that it's been brought up.

2 years 31 weeks ago, 10:26 AM

Gunslinger_USA

Gunslinger_USA's picture

Colonel
RE 10mm

I'm not sure that if you ever seen that show "Top Guns" on H2, they were shooting a Colt 1911 (I believe it was a Colt, don't remember) 9mm pro series. It's a sweet little 1911, but that was a 9mm not 10mm

2 years 31 weeks ago, 11:51 AM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
10mm

I know I'll probably catch some shit, but I think the best choice in 10mm would be to go with a glock. They are as reliable as the come and the G20 is 15+1 and G29 is 10+1 (or you can use the 15 rd mag). The G29 is also a good size for CCW.

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
2 years 31 weeks ago, 6:16 PM

Gunslinger_USA

Gunslinger_USA's picture

Colonel
reaper

I personally shot both the 1911 and the Glocks. Both reliable weapons in their own rights, and I love them both just as much. I just prefer the 1911 just a little bit more.

2 years 31 weeks ago, 9:41 AM

MattyTheJet

MattyTheJet's picture

Lieutenant General

I prefer the 1911 to any other autoloading pistol, so a 1911 in 9mm or 10mm would just be something else nice for the collection.

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 749 (2 members and 747 guests)
captmax, LLE

Users Active within the last 24 hours
captmax, LLE, nobile157, tallguy007, daisycutter, presslerms, jpdental, Caber, jay sedler, DEMO
Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,659, Comments: 161,126, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity