Forums / Gun Discussion / 1911 stuff, Webley stuff.. and holsters for "stuff"/

3 years 46 weeks ago, 2:45 AM

greg az

greg az's picture

Secretary of Homeland Security

Some time ago when i was shooting 45ACP's a lot i came across Charleys surplus out of Chicago .. i was sorta underwhelmed. but a few days ago while i was shoping for new holsters for the remmies i came across them again, and again they "appeared" outstanding... what happened when i dealt with them before was they only sent bout half the order, and messed up..So i had some doubts.. NOPE.. perfet..

i ordered a holster for the Webley, and two more for both the remmies.. these are the M-14 Bianchie holsters, and a duty belt.. all three of these OD..the holster for the Webley mk four (flap canvas) .. I've got the webley on another duty belt.. works great, and all is perfect now providing the combined weight of pistols, and acccescries dont pull my pants down in a bad display of sportsmanship.. I've got six extra mags for the 1911's, but only one half moon clip for the webley.. that should change soon..

got to go.. time for tea.

a man has to hold his word, hold his beliefs, and hold a good sight picture.
3 years 46 weeks ago, 3:02 AM

greg az

greg az's picture

Secretary of Homeland Security
correction on above..

sheesh.. the bianchies's above are M-12's.. for some reason it's not letting me edit it.. also the duty belt is an LC-3.. Holster for Web is canvas marked as 1942.. who knows, if it was worn it was sure taken care of so.... the Bianchies are new.. great price here.. i saw them on other sites for 80-90 dollars.. these were used no gurarantee for 3? . so bout half price, and perfect condition.. again sorry i couldn't correct on origenial.. what ever..

a man has to hold his word, hold his beliefs, and hold a good sight picture.
3 years 34 weeks ago, 6:12 PM

CharlesW

CharlesW's picture

General
Live in the wilderness, Republic of Texas, United States
Colt M45

Will it ever be on sale to the public?
I want one

A little rebellion is good medicine for the government Thomas Jefferson
3 years 33 weeks ago, 9:33 AM

MattyTheJet

MattyTheJet's picture

Lieutenant General
Colt

Nope, never. Sarah Brady et al ran Colt out of the civilian market years ago with all their frivolous lawsuits. You will never see new Colts on sale to civilians again except through their exorbinate custom shop.

3 years 33 weeks ago, 6:20 PM

CharlesW

CharlesW's picture

General
Live in the wilderness, Republic of Texas, United States

12,000 1911 Colts for the Marines?
Call it an M45?
Come on now build some more

A little rebellion is good medicine for the government Thomas Jefferson
3 years 33 weeks ago, 10:11 AM

catfish88

catfish88's picture

General
Colt

Yes, Colt is making their rail gun for the Marines and calling it the M45. You can get the Colt Rail Gun now and have been able to get it for a couple of years now. I have one, it shoots wonderfully. The differences in the standard colt rail gun and the M45, as far as I know, are that the M45 will be drak earth colored, and I've heard differences in internal spring weights, etc. Don't quote me on that, that's just what I heard on another gun board. You can get new Colts all day long, it's just finding them that's the problem. Local gun stores around here, you are lucky to find one in 4 to 5 month periods. But, you can find them on gunbroker all day long. The civilian versions come in stainless, blackened stainless and a duo tone.

3 years 33 weeks ago, 11:43 AM

MattyTheJet

MattyTheJet's picture

Lieutenant General
Colt

Okay, I know they stopped selling handguns on the civilian market, and I've not seen one of their rifles anywhere (though that might be a local/regional thing.) I've seen a lot of Smith & Wesson and Sig-Sauers and Bushmasters, but no Colts. Might have to try Bud's Guns or something. Unless someone here has a line on a Python for me.

3 years 33 weeks ago, 12:27 PM

catfish88

catfish88's picture

General

Matty, They haven't stopped selling Colt 1911's to the civilian market. They never have stopped. Now, Colt revolovers, that's a different story, they stopped making anacondas and phythons. Still make peacemakers, single action though. And you can still get Colt AR's, the 6920, 6940 etc, new. You just got to order them or find them on gunbroker. Actually, WalMart around here is carying Colt AR-15's now.

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 645 (0 members and 645 guests)

Users Active within the last 24 hours
tallguy007, teko52, jpdental, jf.chandler sr., LLE, krunchnik, jusuni
Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,867, Comments: 163,276, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity