Forums / Gun Discussion / 1938 TULA 91/30 Mosin Nagant

4 years 19 weeks ago, 5:25 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State

Well ladies and germs, another one of my 'kids' showed up today.....
This one is a beauty, after fighting the good fight against the Cosmoline
this is what I ended up with....this fucker is five feet long with the bayonett
attached....Very nice rifle, worth every penny that I paid for it!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Change you can truly believe in comes from the barrel of a gun---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ron Paul 2012----Vote the bastards out!---------------------------------
4 years 19 weeks ago, 5:30 PM

dockit

dockit's picture

Major General

That is a sweet rifle there hamper, very nice indeed.

I intend to live forever, or die trying. It Could Be that the Purpose of Your Life is Only to Serve as a Warning to Others. Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them. All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.
4 years 19 weeks ago, 5:33 PM

Vaquero

Vaquero's picture

General of the Army

That'll look great in yer man cave! Ya got new bicycle hooks for it?
snicker.....

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!
4 years 19 weeks ago, 6:11 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State
Ha Ha Ha....

Jackass (joking), more good news, the brown truck O' happiness just showed up with 780 rounds of ammo, 340 of 8mm Mauser and 440 of 7.62X54 ammo and yet more good news, my FFL guy emailed that my M-44 Nagant showed up after I left....sniff..sniff!!!....this is just like Christmas (and it only cost me three times what I have spent on guns and ammo lately to keep the wife happy....Hmmmmmm....lol)

Change you can truly believe in comes from the barrel of a gun---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ron Paul 2012----Vote the bastards out!---------------------------------
4 years 19 weeks ago, 5:33 PM

Schuyler

Schuyler's picture

General
Bainbridge Island, Washington, United States

Pretty cool, and thin, too!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
4 years 19 weeks ago, 9:27 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State

a learned man such as yourself can surely recognise a bayonet as such and not refer to it as "the sticky thing" on the end of a rifle.............Ha Ha Ha Ha! Tag, your'e 'it'....LOL!

Just messin' with ya' "no harm no foul" as they say.....

4 years 19 weeks ago, 6:05 PM

HKBauer

HKBauer's picture

Lieutenant General
Man thats beautiful!

I love the furniture on it and bayonet is cool too.

4 years 19 weeks ago, 6:22 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State
Bauer, wait to

see my M-44, it has a Laminate stalk which for lack of better words is "striking"!

4 years 19 weeks ago, 6:39 PM

Anonymous

R3Bauer

you have a PM

4 years 19 weeks ago, 6:47 PM

HKBauer

HKBauer's picture

Lieutenant General
read

and thanks for your opinion

4 years 19 weeks ago, 6:42 PM

Anonymous

Hamp!

I have seen lots of these rifles.and let me tell you,this is one helluva nice piece!that wood alone is very nice.plus you got all the "extras" too!good buy my friend!

4 years 19 weeks ago, 7:10 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State
Thanks GP,

my FFL guy is a pawn shop (he charges $15 when everyone else is $30)...Anyhoo, he seems to stick his nose up and infer that I paid too much for each gun that I have transferred with him, well I told him today that I am a collector not a pawn broker (I paid $130 for this rifle + shipping)....I hope that doesnt fuck up my $15 deal, I was a tad tired of hearing it from him...lol!

4 years 19 weeks ago, 6:51 PM

catfish88

catfish88's picture

General

Thats beautiful Hamp. Very nice!

4 years 19 weeks ago, 6:54 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State
Brad,

package sent.

4 years 19 weeks ago, 6:55 PM

catfish88

catfish88's picture

General

Great! I'll be sending you one very soon. Appreciate it buddy.

4 years 19 weeks ago, 7:10 PM

samD

samD's picture

President
Green Valley, Free State of Arizona, United States
Good job Hamp.

You are now the "Dealster"

4 years 19 weeks ago, 7:18 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State
Sam, it is amazing...

These dudes are selling these rifles on gunbroker with no reserve and few are bidding on them, I realize that they are somewhat plentifull right now but that is not always going to be the case....I am buying as much as I can afford, If nothing else my kid's can have them......That's how I roll..LOL!

P.S. BEWARE, there is a lot of junk out there, question the seller often!

4 years 19 weeks ago, 7:26 PM

Anonymous

A Side Note

if anyone is looking at something on the auction sites and isnt sure,feel free to PM me the link and I will at least check itout for you and give my thoughts.I did it for SamD already and for R3Bauer as well.

4 years 19 weeks ago, 7:36 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State
Yep GP, I would

bet that you would have spotted the chrome bolt on the Spanish mauser that I bought...I paid 3 bills for it but I like it just the same!

4 years 19 weeks ago, 7:38 PM

Anonymous

Hamp

little known fact:the earlier spanish mausers had a chrome bolt.I have one but mine is rechambered in .308

4 years 19 weeks ago, 7:44 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State
How early GP?

mine is a 46'

4 years 19 weeks ago, 7:56 PM

Anonymous

Hamp

1938 from what I have gathered but I have seen info out there saying that it was done at certain factories.who knows.

4 years 19 weeks ago, 8:07 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State
GP, well the bolt #

doesn't match the otherwise #'s matching rifle so I am a bit suspicious........

4 years 19 weeks ago, 8:13 PM

Anonymous

Hamp

the bolt is from another gun.the importer sat there with a headspace gauge and a pile of bolts,switching them until the headspace was safe.pretty standard operation.so the blt is probably from an earlier gun.

4 years 19 weeks ago, 8:34 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State
It's cool GP,

even though it would always be more valuable with matching hardware, it is still a nice example just the same, hell, I own it and the kids want to shoot it.

4 years 19 weeks ago, 8:26 PM

ACE

ACE's picture

Lieutenant General
Hamp

Is this the same gun U posted a little bit ago? Like a handful of days ago???

“When firearms go, all goes. We need them every hour.”- George Washington
4 years 19 weeks ago, 8:29 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State
No ACE, this is a

Mosin Nagant, not a Spanish Mauser.

4 years 19 weeks ago, 8:30 PM

ACE

ACE's picture

Lieutenant General
Sorry Hamp!!

Just really looked the same when I briefly looked @ it. It's still a Beaut!!

“When firearms go, all goes. We need them every hour.”- George Washington
4 years 19 weeks ago, 9:42 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State

It is just another rifle pic taken in the same location at the same (shitty) time of day (for pictures)......Sun is due west + big windows = bad photos...(just ask photobear)......lol....More shitty pic's tomorrow of a different Nagant........YAY!

Have a good evening,

Hamp

4 years 19 weeks ago, 9:08 PM

ecaman

ecaman's picture

General
Hamp

Best looking Mosin Nagant I've ever seen. Congratulations! I hope it shoots as well as it looks, and that you get great enjoyment from it.

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man. (Mark Twain).
4 years 19 weeks ago, 9:30 PM

greg az

greg az's picture

Secretary of Homeland Security

Hamp i didn't see this post.. beautifull.. and considering the ment stock i really think thats a good price, if you remember i was talking about J&G having them for 99.. Last time we were in Prescott i stopped in.. first off its 10 more for hand select, and no way that ANY of the hand select have that quality of furniture.. Just no way.. those i saw looked like battle field pick ups or maybe something that had been at the bottom of a dumpster..

Not knocking my boys at J&G, thier great folks, and good prices, but what you have is beautiful, and worth the diffrence in price.. By the way check them (or let me know) next time you need to send for the boys in brown, as thier 7.62X54 prices are tops..

laughing at Vaq's comment, glad im not the only one giving ya shit about the bicycle hangers, see ya all in the am.. Tired..

a man has to hold his word, hold his beliefs, and hold a good sight picture.
4 years 19 weeks ago, 9:36 PM

zx12rmike

zx12rmike's picture

President Pro Temp

Hamp, that is a beautiful piece! I couldn't imagine there being one looking better than that.

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home" Thomas Jefferson
4 years 19 weeks ago, 9:51 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State
There is Mike but

I have yet to find it, but you can rest assured that I will find it.........Reaper308 is a wise man, he warned me about this 'behaviour' but as usual, I gave no quarter...........

Hitt'n the sack friends, talk to you in the morning....Nite all!

4 years 19 weeks ago, 9:08 AM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State
Reaper, check

out my new rifle....It's sweet!!!

4 years 19 weeks ago, 9:14 AM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
sweet!

yes indeed. Its got a really nice stock.... and I thought a 38 tula had a hex reciever... shows what I know. They must have rounded them in 36 or 37.... anyway, great buy. Have you taken her out yet?

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
4 years 19 weeks ago, 9:20 AM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State
Not yet, maybe

this weekend, I go pick up my M-44 tonight, I really like the laminate stock.
M-44 NAGANT

4 years 19 weeks ago, 10:56 AM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
hamp

so have you shot any of the 7.62x54's yet? how bout the mauser? If not, you'll definitely know the feeling the day after you send 50 or so rds. down range. I have mucho respect for the guys that carried these things for miles and miles and shot hundreds of rounds a day. Its pretty crazy when you think about how accurate these rifles were for the time, and what one of these rounds does to soft tissue.

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
4 years 19 weeks ago, 11:44 AM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State

but I have shot these calibers before and yes they do kick like a mule.
These rifles had to be accurate as when you are dealing with 5 shot
strippers, every shot had to count, none of that 'pray and spray' stuff
like an M-16 etc. Yeah, I respect them as well, can you imagine the
weight of any quantity of ammo? Shit! 440 rounds weighs like 20
pounds and I doubt that would last long in battle.

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 741 (1 member and 740 guests)
LLE

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,690, Comments: 161,634, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity