Forums / Strategies, Tactics & Training / Gun Kata

7 years 47 weeks ago, 9:23 PM

shaykai

shaykai's picture

Gun Kata

I was wondering if anyone has seen the movie Equillibrium recently? It's a few years old but in it they have this thing called the "Gun Kata." Is there anything like that in real life? If so is it worth training in?

Ben

6 years 45 weeks ago, 1:05 AM

1345usmclcpl

1345usmclcpl's picture

Colonel

Man that was a badass movie and no i dont thin anyone can do that in real life.

6 years 27 weeks ago, 9:23 AM

ssdd71

ssdd71's picture

Brigadier General
Silent Drill Platoon?

Are you refering to the "Silent Drill Platoon"? The Marines have there unit and the Navy also has an elite unit also. Google Silent Drill Platoon and take a look. It is an awesome display of weapons handling.

6 years 27 weeks ago, 11:22 AM

clintlebo

clintlebo's picture

General
gun kata

ssdd71,
the original poster was asking about a form of combat that was devised for a movie. The movie is very philosophical. According to the movie, there was a large amount of military research that went into combat positions and target hits. These criteria were compounded by the chance of enemy fire hitting you.
Placement in the battle field and position of the body maximized kill shots for you, and minimized hits from the enemy. The positions of gun kata reflected this research and it was a "martial art" for a group of characters in the movie.

I would recommend the movie, just forget about gun tactics and concentrate on the philosophy of the movie.

clint

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin & Hobbes)
6 years 27 weeks ago, 11:35 AM

ssdd71

ssdd71's picture

Brigadier General
I see

I see, I will look into the movie for my reference. Sounds interesting in concept.

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 1155 (0 members and 1155 guests)

Users Active within the last 24 hours
luckybychoice, captmax, Pa Pa Tom, DEMO, tallguy007, daisycutter, LLE, Caber
Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,736, Comments: 162,299, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity