Forums / Gun Discussion / Question...

7 years 30 weeks ago, 7:47 AM

mbr0052

mbr0052's picture

Private
Question...

I'm thinking about getting a gun for protection... what type of gun should I get. Like what type of pistol/handgun...

6 years 31 weeks ago, 4:49 PM

1345usmclcpl

1345usmclcpl's picture

Colonel
forget a pistol buy a

forget a pistol buy a shotgun let the guy breaking into your house know you mean business. I have a m590a1 for HD!

6 years 31 weeks ago, 12:32 PM

sytasyn_syn

sytasyn_syn's picture

General
long but it works

well honestly it all depends on the type of defene you need, concealment for out and about or a home security weapon. for someone how grew up with a gun in there hand the shotgun might work, but if your in a situation where you got to use a gun against an intruder, chances are the average joe aint going to be calm and collected like a bruce willis character. so fumbling with a large weapon is not they way to go. for home protection, you would need something with stopping power but not to much power where if you shoot the guy it will go thru him in your wall and burst a pipe (trust me it happen to my uncle) but a good handgun for this situation would be a sig p220 comes in 9mm and .45 ACP for which ever you decide one and which ever feels best in your hand. or you could go with the ever so popular glock. now there are alot of models to choice from but they are all pretty light compared to similar size handguns, but the 17 seems to be popular as well as the glock 31, which i believe is use by some cops

Be Kind and Courteous to All That You Meet, But Always Have A Plan to Kill Them -U.S. Marine Corp General-

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 670 (0 members and 670 guests)

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,690, Comments: 161,634, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity