Forums / Gun Discussion / What Gun Should I Get?

7 years 13 weeks ago, 9:41 PM

jayish22

jayish22's picture

Private
What Gun Should I Get?

Im a young female who wants to get a powerful yet, small, sleek gun? What should i get?

6 years 43 weeks ago, 5:27 PM

Anonymous

sig 229 9mm!

sig 229 9mm!

6 years 13 weeks ago, 2:07 PM

1345usmclcpl

1345usmclcpl's picture

Colonel
sp101

sp101

6 years 13 weeks ago, 5:34 PM

bigshrek

bigshrek's picture

Master Sergeant
get a Grendel!!

Walther P-22, find a model/color you like :)

Honestly, if size isn't too big of an issue, a Grendel P-30 is a medium-frame/short barrel in .22 Magnum that gets downright nasty at close range as it holds 30 rounds...if you can find one ;) The FBI was looking closely at it just before the Clinton Gun Ban killed the company.

Granted the Grendel looks like a Buck Rogers weapon...but the firepower is Niiiiice :) Not to mention that Grendel is the ONLY manufacturer that got the .22 WMR cartridge to work properly in it's weapons, the AMT auto-mag's sucked wind in comparison in reliability and longevity. I've put over 15K through my Grendel P-31 and it's still driving on.

BTW, .22LR and .22 WMR(Winchester Magnum Round)are NOT interchangeable.

6 years 13 weeks ago, 6:44 PM

screwloose72

screwloose72's picture

Corporal
small frame revolver

i would recomend a ruger sp101 or other small frame revolver of good quality,ive had good luck with rossis and taurus 38 specials for less price than ruger.i personaly do not recomend semi autos for a first gun,good luck

6 years 13 weeks ago, 7:02 PM

Sancman

Sancman's picture

Private First Class

Go to a gun range that rents pistols and revolvers, try some out.
380 38spl 357 mag 9mm 40 s&w 45acp

I have a female friend that started out with a Smith and Wesson LadySmith in 357 mag, practiced with 38's and now carries a Colt Commander 45acp with pink grips....LOL

Start small and remember; *PRACTICE* as often as you can, don't just get a firearm and go to the range and shoot once or twice and shove the thing in the closet or dresser drawer!
Another suggestion; Join a gun club and/or get some professional training.

6 years 13 weeks ago, 8:02 PM

1345usmclcpl

1345usmclcpl's picture

Colonel

i would recomend a ruger sp101 (agreed)

6 years 13 weeks ago, 8:44 AM

webster357

webster357's picture

Private First Class
Get a 38 Ladysmith

Get a 38 Ladysmith

6 years 13 weeks ago, 12:23 PM

sytasyn_syn

sytasyn_syn's picture

General
well

ive been a fan of the springfield XD. it is small so it is good for the smaller female hands and it has small recoil but still is not a sissy gun. and nice fit for a concealed as well.
or if you like the looks of glock which most people do you can get the glock 19C which has reduced kick back but is still a glock and has the small grip so it wont feel overwelming.

Be Kind and Courteous to All That You Meet, But Always Have A Plan to Kill Them -U.S. Marine Corp General-
6 years 13 weeks ago, 4:13 PM

gunslinger

gunslinger's picture

Sergeant First Class
What gun should I get

Hello Jayish22,

It has been a while since you asked your question, but if you are still reading your replies, here is some food for thought.
When my daughters graduated college I wanted to give them a handgun that would stay with them, be small enough to carry, yet shoot large enough caliber that they could use it for self defense. I got them both one of the Kahr handguns. They are small enough to carry concealed easily, yet can handle the 40 caliber and 45 cal without a hitch. No special controls, not many parts to fail, and the trigger reach is great for people that don't have great big hands. Go to a range that rents like one of the guys above said, shoot a variety of guns that fit in your criteria and look for the best feel and most accurate in your hand. Handguns are very personal items, even a small difference in the size of your palm or the length of your fingers will make big differences in the way the gun will feel and how you respond to it. If you are not going to shoot alot then go for simple operation, the less levers, manual safeties,and b.s. to go wrong the better. Simple is easy to learn, and remember. Brand of gun isn't near as important as the feel in your hand and the accuracy you get out of it. For self defense go for reliable, it is very important for the gun to go bang when you pull the trigger every time you pull the trigger. There are lots of other things to consider but these thoughts added to the previous ones will give you a good start.

6 years 13 weeks ago, 4:43 PM

Brook Martin

Brook Martin's picture

Private First Class
Hi Jaysih

Well if you want a powerful small gun I would go with a 220 swift there are many different models out there remington makes on and so does ruger. You can't beat the facts ir is the fastest bullet on the market. Thanks Brook Martin

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 949 (1 member and 948 guests)
teko52

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,650, Comments: 161,046, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity