Forums / Gun Discussion / What's your preferred handgun?

7 years 4 weeks ago, 1:22 AM

Quinton

Quinton's picture

General

I myself am a huge Glock 19 fan. Tried the 26 and thought it was a bit too small, but the 19 fits my hand just right.

What do you guys prefer?

"Under a scientific dictator education will really work - with the result that most men and women will grow up to love their servitude and will never dream of revolution." - Aldous Huxley
6 years 37 weeks ago, 4:29 PM

Anonymous

ccw- sig 229 9mm

ccw- sig 229 9mm blackwater
truck- glock 23 .40 (because i don't care if it gets banged up)
home- sig 229 .40 equinox

my glocks are like disposable lighters... my sigs are like zippos.

6 years 34 weeks ago, 4:58 PM

Stuarty

Stuarty's picture

Private First Class
perferred handgun

i think it would av to b z desert eagle it fells real good to hold

Stuarty :P
6 years 24 weeks ago, 10:35 PM

Anonymous

Favorite pistol

Absolute favorite, as in THE Only One? It would have to be my Colt Combat Commander .45, as it will do or perform about anything required IF NECESSARY. Naturally there are other favorites for specific tasks... Like the Model 66 Smith as a carry weapon, or the Makarov as a concealment piece, or my Ruger .44 Redhawk for hunting backup in the woods... Ive used the Commander FOR ALL OF THESE THINGS, so I guess in a pinch it's my favorite.

6 years 21 weeks ago, 7:48 AM

Anonymous

I like my Colt 1911 for all occasion

6 years 20 weeks ago, 12:11 PM

Barry Buchanan

Barry Buchanan's picture

Corporal
Carry Preference

I bought my first Glock (model 19) in 1990. I exclusively carried Glocks, lawfully concealed, for more than 17 years. I have now been carrying a Springfield XD .45 cal for a year. I like everything about it: the beavertail safety,"loaded" and "cocked" indicators, (narrow) width of the backstrap, and mostly, its light weight and 13 round capacity. It is the best of Glock with added safety features and great performance.

6 years 8 weeks ago, 10:33 PM

Infidel

Infidel's picture

Sergeant

My preferred handgun is any good quality 1911 in .45 ACP. It's single action which I prefer and it's all-American. I like the Springfield Armory XD .45 Tactical too.

You have enemies? That's good. That means at some time in your life you stood up for something. -Winston Churchill-
6 years 8 weeks ago, 8:10 AM

jrs212

jrs212's picture

Corporal

I'll have to go along with a 1911 as an all purpose gun. However I do like my S&W's also.

6 years 8 weeks ago, 12:05 PM

sytasyn_syn

sytasyn_syn's picture

General
XD

for personal carrying purposes...Springfeild XD

Be Kind and Courteous to All That You Meet, But Always Have A Plan to Kill Them -U.S. Marine Corp General-
6 years 8 weeks ago, 1:08 AM

1345usmclcpl

1345usmclcpl's picture

Colonel

kimber eclipse target II

6 years 6 weeks ago, 9:07 AM

gunslinger

gunslinger's picture

Sergeant First Class
Tough call on just one

This is a painful topic. Narrowing it down to just one gun is a toughie. I enjoy many different things about different guns. But I have a Detonics Scoremaster (1911 type gun) that is about as good as it gets for me. 8 rounds,accurate,reliable,flat so it conceals well. I suppose it really is my favorite, I can hunt,defend,conceal,target practice or pop cans with it, it fills the bill.

6 years 6 weeks ago, 4:17 PM

Thenewguy77

Thenewguy77's picture

First Lieutenant
perfect hand gun

What pistol would be the best for desert warfare?

6 years 6 weeks ago, 1:30 PM

sytasyn_syn

sytasyn_syn's picture

General
Dont think there is

Honestly I dont think you want to really on a Pistol for desert Warefare, you have no range. I am not sure if you have ever been to a desert, but it gets pretty barrin out there. But if you mean for a back-up in desert urban combat, thats hard to guess because I dont think anyone here has test fired to many pistols in the desert and carried them long enough in the type of situation you asking about to make a determination. I can tell you that I would rather have a Synthetic grip(plastic) instead on metal...ive held the Beretta over here (Iraq) for a minute and I can tell you it gets alot hotter on the handle the my Glock does (Glock 19). It should also be something easy top clean because there is alot of dust and kicked up dirt around here. Plus, screw a .22 because some of the people out here have been known to put a platter dish in the shirt and I doubt a punk .22 would even dent the thing, let alone kill someone, so if you have a choice i would say .40 or a 9mm if you are a good shot. I hope I could answer some of your question for you but I dont want to give you a qucik bullshit answer that could be wrong.

Be Kind and Courteous to All That You Meet, But Always Have A Plan to Kill Them -U.S. Marine Corp General-
6 years 6 weeks ago, 6:20 PM

skink5150

skink5150's picture

Captain
Glock

Quinton wrote:
I myself am a huge Glock 19 fan. Tried the 26 and thought it was a bit too small, but the 19 fits my hand just right.

What do you guys prefer?

As the 26 is my carry , and is my only experience with Glock , I have to say the 26. I plan on either a larger Glock or a 1911 for my next.
The Glock is pretty accurate for me , despite being small in my paws .

6 years 4 weeks ago, 12:30 PM

heavy

heavy's picture

Brigadier General
QUINTON

I OWNED A MODEL 19 GLOCK. ITS GOOD FOR SHOOTEM UP PRACTICE,BUT TO PROTECT MYSELF,THINK FAST &DEADLEY. GLOCK MODEL 32 357 CAL. TEXAS LAW ENFORCEMENT HAS EM,SECRET SERVICE, ALSO OTHER GOVT AGENCYS CARRY THIS . MUST BE A REASON, YOU THINK! PENETRATES CAR WINDSHIELDS, CAR DOORS MAYBE THATS WHY. IF YOUR AFTER THE BAD GUY CARRY 357 SIG!

rick greene

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 1113 (2 members and 1111 guests)
daisycutter, DanO

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,639, Comments: 160,800, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity