Forums / Political & Legal / New Assault Weapons Ban?

7 years 22 weeks ago, 5:06 PM

blackpearl

blackpearl's picture

Lieutenant Colonel

Anybody know what's going on with this new assault weapons ban? I need to know when to stockpile my AR'15's? Thanks.

6 years 31 weeks ago, 12:43 PM

1345usmclcpl

1345usmclcpl's picture

Colonel

I know that in California you cant own them. Good thing im in the military lol.

2 years 51 weeks ago, 7:45 PM

jedwardz528

jedwardz528's picture

Major

Stockpile AKs or SKSs. They are far cheaper, they have higher magazine capacities for the most part, and they both shoot a much cheaper bullet with higher potency. You can purchase 2 AKs for $900-$1000 or 2 SKSs for $700-$800, or you can buy 1 AR.

3 years 32 weeks ago, 10:18 AM

TLtactical

TLtactical's picture

Major General

Now is a good time to start stock piling AR's... $569.99 for new M4 rifles is pretty cool and makes for a good reason to buy extras... http://www.colemantyler.com/proddetail.php?prod=PCCTM4

It's always a good time to buy guns!

Best Regards TL “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ---Aristotle Greek critic, philosopher, physicist, & zoologist (384 BC - 322 BC)
2 years 51 weeks ago, 7:36 PM

jedwardz528

jedwardz528's picture

Major

I understand that M4's are one, if not THE most accessorizable rifles on the planet, but I've just never understood why they are our military's main battle rifles and the choice of law enforcement agencies across the nation. I say this simply because of the caliber of bullet that is put through them-the .223. I've always been of the mindset that the .223 was a "varmint" round for a good reason-they are prodominately used to kill small game, and even then they don't always get the job done with a single round. I say we keep the .223 as a varmint round and start manufacturing all of our M4s and ARs to shoot the newer 6.8 cartridge so we can be more of a threat to our enemies that shoot at us with nothing less than 7.62x39 rounds and RPGs. Just my opinion...

3 years 32 weeks ago, 10:39 AM

Saint J.M. Browning

Saint J.M. Browning's picture

General
I know this

If you and all of us that care about our right to keep and bear arms research candidates and vote appropriately and spread the knowledge around, we shouldn't need to worry.
Try http://home.nra.org as a resource. They have a lot of good tips and info.

"I don't think Hank done it this way" - Waylon
2 years 51 weeks ago, 9:10 PM

ronin1604

ronin1604's picture

Lieutenant General
Jed...

While the 6.8 may be a good cartridge, it is a poor choice for the MBR or the military. First you would have to look at the shear numbers of m4's and m-16's in the inventory. Even the cost of converting them as opposed to replacing would be incredibly high. Then figure in the logistics of replacing all stocks of 5.56mm with the 6.8mm rounds. Plus figure that the 5.56 is a "universal" round, who difficult would it be to procure ammo, how many companies produce it? A better option would be 7.62. While conversion costs would still be high, it is a more common and easily accessible caliber and is already in the inventory. Just my opinion.

__________________ "...He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." - Jesus, Luke 22:36
2 years 51 weeks ago, 6:25 PM

Jeffashbyjr

Jeffashbyjr's picture

Lieutenant General
The boonies outside of pensacola, Fl, United States
Good point ronin

I haven't read much about the 6.8 round, but will agree it is hard to find in high quanites

If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 949 (0 members and 949 guests)

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,687, Comments: 161,594, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity