Forums / Political & Legal / The 2010 Census Arrived Today!

5 years 9 weeks ago, 2:39 PM

catfish88

catfish88's picture

General

So, in the mail today, I recieved a letter that I should be expecting my census in the mail next week. At the bottom of the letter I noticed that the same message was repeated in no less than 5 different languages: 1. spanish, 2. japenese, 3. chinese, 4. something that I think might be greek and 5. some other language that I have no clue what it is. So I guess you are not required to speak or be able to read ENGLISH when filling out your US CENSUS! It just disgusts me a bit. If you immagrated over here legally then fine, God bless you, but you should be required to learn the langauage and customs of your host country. Of course, I really don't have plans to fill mine out anyway since I suspect ACORN has their little hand in it somewhere and regardless it's none of Uncle Sams business what I make, how many cars I drive and how often I take a dump. But Brad, you say, how will the government know where to spend it's money and hand out bigger welfare checks....well personally, I would hope those checks would get ALOT smaller for the most part. But, I will be interested to read the questions they have for me. That's all folks, just my little rant for the day.

5 years 9 weeks ago, 3:06 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State
Brad, I

noticed the same thing when I got mine the other day, what a joke. I agree with not filling it out though, I don't plan on it either.

Change you can truly believe in comes from the barrel of a gun---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ron Paul 2012----Vote the bastards out!---------------------------------
5 years 9 weeks ago, 4:31 PM

Pkato

Pkato's picture

General
Fort Walton Beach, Florida, United States
I was reading somwhere

that you can be fined for not filling it out...not sure if that's true, but I did see it on CNN today. I will try to research.

Patrolman Kato
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself.
They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone
under independence. -- George Washington
5 years 9 weeks ago, 4:36 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State
well if that

is the case, there are going to be some blank spots on mine, as Brad stated there are some things the Gov. doesn't need to know.

Change you can truly believe in comes from the barrel of a gun---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ron Paul 2012----Vote the bastards out!---------------------------------
5 years 9 weeks ago, 4:47 PM

Schuyler

Schuyler's picture

General
Bainbridge Island, Washington, United States

Ten questions max. I've done a bunch of genealogy looking at the census records back to 1790. They asked more questions in 1840 than they are in the 2010 census. 1840 had occupation, for example, which 2010 does not. I remember 1960 where our family got the 'long form' that was pages and pages in length. They've cut way back this year.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
5 years 9 weeks ago, 4:50 PM

Fuznut

Fuznut's picture

Lieutenant Colonel
census

Well if you dont fill it out i know you will get a visit from a census taker I dont beleive you can be fined for it and if they know were to mail it to they know you exist so there for they can count you because they did not get it back return to sender

Wanna hear god laugh. Tell him your plans for the day.
5 years 9 weeks ago, 6:03 PM

hillbilly77

hillbilly77's picture

Lieutenant General
The census

If you search the net you will find that they can fine you and or give you jail time for not filling out or by answering the questions improperly. When I searched it I was beyond pissed off. With that make me fill out my census...Nope. I will fill out my census when they make the borders tougher to get across.

“If ever time should come,when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of it's experienced Patriots to prevent it's ruin."Samuel Adams
5 years 9 weeks ago, 6:12 PM

luckybychoice

luckybychoice's picture

Secretary of the Treasury
I filled out

the long form census a few years ago,after taking several months to do it and getting a couple phone calls and additional mail regarding filling it out,so i finally answered the basics and wrote in- N/A -where i didn't want to answer the question and sent it off to them,must of been good enough because i didn't hear anything back from them.

i tried being reasonable,i didn't like it, NRA LIFE MEMBER,USMC VETERAN

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 1227 (1 member and 1226 guests)
captmax

Users Active within the last 24 hours
captmax, Pa Pa Tom, teko52, jpdental, LLE, daisycutter, tallguy007, cbxjeff, Hawkeye50317, null
Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,760, Comments: 162,523, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity