Forums / Gun Discussion / 2010 Taurus Catalog

4 years 24 weeks ago, 2:10 PM

Shakleford

Shakleford's picture

General
2010 Taurus Catalog

Alot of new stuff!! A .22, Gen 2 24/7, Polamer revolvers and Judge
http://www.taurususa.com/2010newcatalog/?catalog_page=1

"Two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red the white the blue.The other ones got a rattlesnake with a simple statement made, Don’t Tread On Me is what it says"
4 years 24 weeks ago, 2:11 PM

Shakleford

Shakleford's picture

General

Shakleford wrote:
Alot of new stuff!! A .22, Gen 2 24/7, Polamer revolvers and Judge
http://www.taurususa.com/2010newcatalog/?catalog_page=1

"Two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red the white the blue.The other ones got a rattlesnake with a simple statement made, Don’t Tread On Me is what it says"
4 years 24 weeks ago, 6:58 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
Shak

Speaking of the Judge, have you heard this critique of this weapon. That the barrel will eventually warp, due to the expantion from the .410 buckshot going thru it .

...check... G-AZ
4 years 24 weeks ago, 7:23 PM

runawaygun762

runawaygun762's picture

Vice President

.410 is a pretty mild load, and if the outward pressure of a 45 JHP being forced down the bore won't damage it, I can't see a few loose lead pellets doing it.

"I have always been a soldier. I have known no other life. The calling of arms, I have followed from boyhood. I have never sought another." From The Virtues of War, by Steven Pressfield.
4 years 24 weeks ago, 7:38 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
run

then it was the .45 log colt. i was at the gunshop and overheard a conversation. that the barrel in time becomes loose., warped.

...check... G-AZ
4 years 24 weeks ago, 7:40 PM

ecaman

ecaman's picture

General
Factory testing

I would have thought that Taurus would have put thousands & thousands of rounds through these things, in all sorts of combinations, before ever putting them on the market. It seems like any manufacturer would do this, given the incredibly litigious society in which we now live.

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man. (Mark Twain).
4 years 24 weeks ago, 7:55 PM

Shakleford

Shakleford's picture

General

I'll have to look into it.....I was thinking of getting one of the Public Defender models when work picks up!

4 years 24 weeks ago, 8:14 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
just something

i heard....i was also thinkin about getting on for the hell of it, but im more into semi-auto's.

...check... G-AZ
4 years 24 weeks ago, 11:05 PM

runawaygun762

runawaygun762's picture

Vice President

Taurus makes .357 and 44 mags and I'm pretty sure both of those rounds have higher velocities and pressures than the 45 colt round. I couldn't see an issue with metal warping in a revolver, as you can't fire rounds through it quickly enough to really get the barrel that hot. A barrel coming loose is a definite possibility, but I imagine if anything else, it would be one of those issues where one or two guys out of however many guns have been sold had problems and spread it all over on the internet.

"I have always been a soldier. I have known no other life. The calling of arms, I have followed from boyhood. I have never sought another." From The Virtues of War, by Steven Pressfield.
4 years 24 weeks ago, 6:47 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
ok

again, just something i heard, and was curious if anybody had heard the same....no biggie.....

...check... G-AZ
4 years 24 weeks ago, 9:17 PM

Shakleford

Shakleford's picture

General

and if you do have a problem....Lifetime Warranty.

4 years 24 weeks ago, 9:50 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
yup

i have the 24/7 pro in a sweet .45.Fuck it Shak !!!why not get the Raging Bull!!!!!

...check... G-AZ
4 years 24 weeks ago, 9:56 PM

Shakleford

Shakleford's picture

General

the new .22 and the G2 24/7 in 9mm are also on that list.......it's a long damn list! Always arguing with myself about what to get next!

4 years 24 weeks ago, 9:58 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
YEAH SHAK

I know what you mean.....i've bought 9 guns in a year and a half.and looking for number 10.....

...check... G-AZ
4 years 24 weeks ago, 10:03 PM

Shakleford

Shakleford's picture

General

I wasn't supporting a family on a constuction plumbers salary....trust me on that! I really just started my collection not to long ago myself....If only I had spent the money I did on beer, women,and hot rods on guns in my younger (single) days!!

4 years 24 weeks ago, 10:09 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
if it was'nt

for football season i'd have 1 or 2 guns tops.My family always comes first too....iDON'T DRINK OR SMOKE ANYMORE!!!Women ...well i just can't shake that vice!!!!But I do love guns!!! But I RARELY BUY NEW...I GET GREAT DEALS ON GUN AUCTIONS. tHAT XD IS AS CLOSE TO NEW AS IT CAN BE.399.99 deliverd....i saved about150.00. give or take.on that deal.

...check... G-AZ
4 years 24 weeks ago, 10:13 PM

Shakleford

Shakleford's picture

General

had to buy my Kel-tec and Glock 19 new and paid extra for the green....hell even the XD 40 I had was green!

4 years 24 weeks ago, 10:17 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
im a black on black

man....but in thinkin my next gun will be stainless or Nickle plate....a nice classy gun,

...check... G-AZ
4 years 24 weeks ago, 10:22 PM

Shakleford

Shakleford's picture

General
Nickel plated

Taurus makes a copy of the Berretta 92 in nickel that looks pretty good, my father in law just got one. I'll let ya know how it shoots!

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 884 (0 members and 884 guests)

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,639, Comments: 160,781, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity