Forums / Gun Discussion / 380 conealed weapon

5 years 39 weeks ago, 5:16 PM

mc24

mc24's picture

Lieutenant Colonel
380 conealed weapon

looking at a 380 for a concealed weapon. leaning toward the kel tec 380. what you guys think or advise.

5 years 39 weeks ago, 5:21 PM

catfish88

catfish88's picture

General

A .380 is better than nothing. If your like me, there are times when you just can't have a gun on the hip, it's just not concealable enough with some outfit restrictions. I've been thinking about a ruger lcp or even the new kahr p380, but I can't find either of them.

5 years 39 weeks ago, 5:26 PM

Shakleford

Shakleford's picture

General
mc24

I own a Kel Tec in .380 and love it! Some of the Kel Tec can have problems out of the box, but don't be put off by that. Mine had one malfunction during the break in period( Kel Tec recomends a 50-100 round break in ), but since then flawless. I do recomend polishing the feed ramp, and cleaning and lubing it well. I carry this gun from the time I wake in the morning till I lay down at night. You will just flat out forget you have it on it's so small. Good Luck finding one right now though!

"Two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red the white the blue.The other ones got a rattlesnake with a simple statement made, Don’t Tread On Me is what it says"
5 years 39 weeks ago, 5:31 PM

1hunter

1hunter's picture

Colonel

i have a beretta 87 in .22 i love it. what about the beretta 85 in .380? it's got to be a sweet gun. my 87 has NEVER jammed. the only 22 semi i can say that about.

5 years 39 weeks ago, 5:43 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
I agree with catfish

LCP or Kahr

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
5 years 39 weeks ago, 6:23 PM

swabey

swabey's picture

Lieutenant Colonel

I have a Bersa Thunder .380 and i love it it a very accurate handgun. the price is affordable.

5 years 39 weeks ago, 6:26 PM

Anonymous

i had a Lorcin L380(i know-cheapy)but this thing was reasonably accurate and functioned flawlessly even after 500 rounds that i shot thru it.hell,i never even cleaned or lubed it!a LE officer is currently carrying it for backup!it was nice and compact too.

5 years 39 weeks ago, 6:31 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
question

what kind of kick if any does a .380 have?

...check... G-AZ
5 years 39 weeks ago, 6:36 PM

Anonymous

.380 kick

not much.but still enough that you know that your target will be feeling some pain.think a bit less than 9mm since the 380 measures 9x17 and the 9mm measures 9x19mm.same bullet shorter case

5 years 39 weeks ago, 6:37 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
thanx grease

will you marry me?

...check... G-AZ
5 years 39 weeks ago, 6:40 PM

Anonymous

only you

sweet cheeks!i like em' spicy!

5 years 39 weeks ago, 6:41 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
hey

how are your eyes doin?

...check... G-AZ
5 years 39 weeks ago, 6:49 PM

Anonymous

my eyes

still feel like i have sand in them,that is why i aint at work.everything is kinda fuzzy and bright light still fuckin' hurts but at least i could sleep last night.i will make damn sure i dont do this again!kinda funny really,i been welding for nearly 20 years and have never had flash burn before.all i can say is if you are welding or helping someone weld,wear a welding helmet!!!a 200 dollar helmet dont do no good if you aint wearing it!and your eyes are priceless!do the math!

5 years 39 weeks ago, 6:51 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
no

i ment when they popped out after the cornholing i gave you!!!!lolololol, just fuckin with ya....i hope you get better soon, so you can shoot the cz

...check... G-AZ
5 years 39 weeks ago, 6:56 PM

Anonymous

thanks bear!

i am sitting here with a TZ in one hand and the CZ in the other.this gun thing is a disease!i mean who needs three 9mm's that are the same?ME!

5 years 39 weeks ago, 7:00 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
LMAO

I HAVE'NT BEEN TO THE RANGE IN ABOUT 10 DAYS AND I'VE GOT THE SHAKES!!!!I BOUGHT AMMO AT THE LAST GUN SHOW, BUT I WANTED TO GET RID OF THIS COLD I'VE GOT.BUT THE WEATHER IS BREAKING AND NOW I SEE YOUR NEW BEAST AND IM FEELING MUCH BETTER!!!!LOLOL

...check... G-AZ
5 years 39 weeks ago, 7:05 PM

Anonymous

saturday is my day!

i have a commitment at the gun club then it is my turn!no kids and no members bugging me with questions!i have alot of shooting to do.the three TZ/CZ's,the RPK and i just put a 6.5-24x50 scope on my savage .270 Win.

5 years 39 weeks ago, 7:06 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House

GO NUTS, ITS A GREAT STRESS REDUCER.

...check... G-AZ
5 years 39 weeks ago, 7:10 PM

Anonymous

is i dont want to burn any ammo right now with the prices all jacked up.i figure 20 rounds for each gun is all i am willing to burn.it will allow me to get to know my guns and that is about it!if i cant hit anything with them then i will stick to my shotguns!LOL

5 years 39 weeks ago, 7:19 PM

ssrs10

ssrs10's picture

Lieutenant General
BERSA THUNDER

BERSA THUNDER

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses
5 years 39 weeks ago, 7:29 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
DUDE

I DON'T LEAVE MY HOUSE WITH OUT ATLEAST 100 ROUNDS!!!!THATS WHY IM GONNA REALLY LOOK INTO MAKIN MY OWN, IVE GOT A DUDE AT WORK WILLING TO TEACH ME

...check... G-AZ
5 years 39 weeks ago, 7:38 PM

Anonymous

ebear!

if you got a reloader willing to teach you then get it done!rolling your own is the way to go!

5 years 39 weeks ago, 7:41 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
yeah

im gonna start lookin for supplies and making space on the work table at home.mabey buy mid spring, if i don't buy another gun first!!!!!lololol

...check... G-AZ
5 years 39 weeks ago, 7:45 PM

Anonymous

honestly,ebear

i would buy the reloading gear first!then lotsa powder,bullets and primers!THEN buy more guns!

5 years 39 weeks ago, 7:48 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
i know grease

i think that and then Springfield's gotta come out with the XDm 9mm, but i turn my head and then CZ comes out with the 9 mm Phanthom!!!!Have you seen this black beauty yet!!!???Sweet Mommy I want it!!!!!!

...check... G-AZ
5 years 39 weeks ago, 7:49 PM

1hunter

1hunter's picture

Colonel
reloading

good advice from greasy. even the components are getting scarce. i recently had a real tough time finding certain primers. gander mountain is the big chain around here and some of their stores quit carrying reloading supplies.

5 years 39 weeks ago, 8:38 PM

Eturnit3

Eturnit3's picture

Lieutenant General
did u happen to ask

why, by chance?

The time is coming when those who kill you will think they are offering service to God. Jesus - (John 16.2) A penny saved is a government oversight.
5 years 39 weeks ago, 8:43 PM

1hunter

1hunter's picture

Colonel
they're nazi's

supposedly some stores sell more of that stuff, so the number of stores carrying it will be reduced. however another guy (owns a private shop) says he can't get my cci primers and doesn't know why.

5 years 39 weeks ago, 7:51 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
yeah

Cabella's around here is pretty stocked up.But expensive

...check... G-AZ
5 years 39 weeks ago, 8:38 PM

Eturnit3

Eturnit3's picture

Lieutenant General

allow me to move it..

The time is coming when those who kill you will think they are offering service to God. Jesus - (John 16.2) A penny saved is a government oversight.
5 years 39 weeks ago, 7:55 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
no not really

i want to educate myself first, Cabella's is notorius for not being helpfull or having employees whose favorite answer is "I don't know cash or charge?"

...check... G-AZ
5 years 39 weeks ago, 9:30 AM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
I agree with catfish

LCP or Kahr

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
5 years 39 weeks ago, 11:44 AM

Anonymous

Well for starters it was 2008 handgun of the year. Hold 6+1 Rounds Its around 5.16" long 3.60" high .82" wide weight loaded is 9.40 oz. and says suggested retail $347.00 costly ass pistol in my veiw.

5 years 39 weeks ago, 12:20 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
snake

sounds like you need to stick to a sling shot with your budget

5 years 39 weeks ago, 10:45 PM

Anonymous

Reaper

If i had 350 to spare i would order me one but I DONT!!! Its all your fault you stole me wallet while i was sneaking around FT.Knox LOL.

5 years 39 weeks ago, 1:07 PM

shane2644

shane2644's picture

Major
Kel-Tec

I carry my Kel-Tec if concealment is an issue with an outfit. Glock 40cal all other times.

You can get the extra conceal clip with the Kel-Tec. Put in front pocket and it looks like a pocket knife.

5 years 38 weeks ago, 4:15 PM

dave329

dave329's picture

Colonel

I have a LCP,
I gotta say I love this little gun, Very light and small pretty accurate for a small gun. The only thing i would change about it are the sights they are veryy small also like the rest of the gun, but I guess that is the idea right. Anyway I would recomend it to anyone I havent had any problems with mine.

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 657 (1 member and 656 guests)
daisycutter

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,676, Comments: 161,425, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity