Forums / Gun Discussion / .410 shotgun

5 years 44 weeks ago, 7:43 PM

Death from Above

Death from Above's picture

Major General
.410 shotgun

I have a 410 shotgun with a 22 on top. Has anyone seen one before? My Grandpa's shotgun Savage

5 years 44 weeks ago, 7:59 AM

skeeter51

skeeter51's picture

Major General
nope

never seen anything like that before.

"Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies." Thomas Jefferson---------------------------------------------------------- Happiness is a beer in one hand and a gun in the other!
5 years 44 weeks ago, 9:28 AM

samD

samD's picture

President
Green Valley, Free State of Arizona, United States

Just put a pic of one up for you!

samD

5 years 44 weeks ago, 9:32 AM

skeeter51

skeeter51's picture

Major General

thanks. ive seen and shot over/unders before but nothing with a .410 and .22

"Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies." Thomas Jefferson---------------------------------------------------------- Happiness is a beer in one hand and a gun in the other!
5 years 44 weeks ago, 9:10 AM

samD

samD's picture

President
Green Valley, Free State of Arizona, United States

The .410 with a .22 was popular in the 50's & 60's. It was called an over/under. Quite a few were made. Have you seen the pistol that shoots .410's & .45's. 5 shot revolver.

samD

5 years 44 weeks ago, 3:25 PM

Death from Above

Death from Above's picture

Major General
Thats it

That the kind it is. I will put up a pic.

5 years 44 weeks ago, 3:40 PM

Hunter59

Hunter59's picture

Major General
.410/.22

I was in Gander Mountain yesterday and some guy walked in and asked the employee(who was about to hand me a gun after a long wait for him to finish with another customer)if they had a .410 .22 over and under. Of course the guy said no, but I had never heard of them before. I had heard of 20 gauge .22 combination guns for squirrel hunting, but never one with a .410. So this is a first for me 2.

"Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." — Gen. Omar Bradley
5 years 44 weeks ago, 6:04 PM

clintlebo

clintlebo's picture

General
.410 .22

My father had one of these. He called it an Airforce survival gun. It folded in half for storage/transportation.

clint

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin & Hobbes)
5 years 43 weeks ago, 5:51 PM

tedpo

tedpo's picture

Major
My son has a 410

My son has a 410 that he got from his grandpa. that are comen up here

5 years 43 weeks ago, 10:31 AM

hankintexas

hankintexas's picture

Captain

They used to be sold at Sears. Remenber the great big wish books we all used to get? They were with all of the other shotguns in the sporting goods section.

5 years 43 weeks ago, 11:02 AM

scoob

scoob's picture

Brigadier General

where did u put the pic at i wanna see

U can have my gun when I'm dead and cold!!
5 years 39 weeks ago, 9:52 PM

jakam

jakam's picture

Private
M6 Scout

I have this, 410 below, 22 lR above, storage in stock for several rounds. Out of production, but based on an old air force survival rifle.
Springfield made them, and then I think distributed a CZ version (which I have.
Savage and then Stephens made a version of what you describe, also a survival rifle for pilots, I think. I believe it is a Savage 24? Is there a USAF designation on it?

They go for about $200-$500 now

5 years 39 weeks ago, 9:58 PM

DEMO

DEMO's picture

Lieutenant General
Saw one last week

I saw on last week at gander in Lockport NY. It was a brazilian (Rossi mabey?)manufacturer. I was looking for a gun for my son and settled on the cricket 22lr but the 410 looked well made.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do
5 years 39 weeks ago, 10:02 PM

fordvg

fordvg's picture

Yes, I have seen them 410 -.22 over and under. I have seen a 12 gauge side by side with a 22 on top and a 30-06 under the side by side shotgun barrels. Seen double rifles to and they will cost you a lot of money for them.

"WAR IS A RACKET, I spent most of my time being a high-class muscle-man for Big Business, for Wall Street, and for the Bankers." Major-General Smedley Darlington Butler USMC Ret. 2 time Medal of Honor winner.
5 years 39 weeks ago, 10:20 PM

Anonymous

ok,the most common multi caliber-gauge over under is the Savage Model 24 in various configurations,as far as sxs guns go your on your own.if you want a single action break open gun with multiple calibers/gauges change barrel. check out Rossi/Braztech.yeah they are made in Brazil but i have had a .243/20 gauge,a 12 gauge/30-06 and my current .17 HMR/.410 which i have used(well used!)for 5 years with no problems.just google rossi or braztech

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 823 (1 member and 822 guests)
teko52

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,642, Comments: 160,909, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity