Forums / Political & Legal / 708 Modifications?

4 years 31 weeks ago, 4:10 PM

cmfd88

cmfd88's picture

Private
708 Modifications?

Hello,
I'm paralyzed,but have the use of my arms but my hands don't grip very good.I mhave a H & R Pardner Protector 12 gauge pump with a forend vertical grip so I can shoot and grip it safely and accurately.But,I want to hunt and get a rifle and my friend has a 708,which I can shoot,just don't feel comfortable gripping the forend.Does anyone know if I can and where I can put a vertical forgrip on it?Sounds crazy,but I gotta try to come upm with different ways to do things than able bodied people.So,any help or reccomendations would be appreciated.
Thanks alot,
cmfd88

4 years 31 weeks ago, 9:25 PM

jay sedler

jay sedler's picture

Lieutenant General
cmfd88.

any rail mounted forward pistol grip usually sold for tacticool ar15s should be the ticket.buy a rail blank and have it mounted to the bottom of your forend and stick the grip on the most com fy spot for you.should be a cheap fix if you dont care about expensive brand name 50-100$ grip.good luck and welcome to gunslot

CRY HAVOC and let slip the dogs of war!
4 years 8 weeks ago, 5:38 PM

Eric1911

Eric1911's picture

Major
forgrip

put a bi pod on that thing

4 years 8 weeks ago, 3:10 PM

luckybychoice

luckybychoice's picture

Secretary of the Treasury

My father was to,he hunted from it several times,both shotgun and a ruger mini14.he was paralyzed on his left side from a stroke.i rigged up a Y shaped support off the wheel chairarm which cradled the rifle and he was set.they make a cradle type support for ATVs so check out some websites like sportsmans warehouse or bass pro shop,cabelas too.

i tried being reasonable,i didn't like it, NRA LIFE MEMBER,USMC VETERAN
4 years 8 weeks ago, 5:37 PM

greg az

greg az's picture

Secretary of Homeland Security
cmfd88..

how bout contacting some of the groups that work with wounded warrior.. You don't have to have a service connected dis. to take advantage of their special adaptions.. IED's have put a lot of guys and gals in your possition.. thinking a tour of their sites might give you both ideas and sources..

welcome to the site, let us know what you came up with..

a man has to hold his word, hold his beliefs, and hold a good sight picture.
4 years 8 weeks ago, 10:06 PM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

General

Something else you might be able to do is attach some of the screw on Picatinny Rails.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=screw+on+picatinny+rail&FORM=AWRE

Another option would require someone to wield up a Shooters Sled which could be attached to your chair. Maybe with a removable base which could be attached when it is off your chair and setup on a flat table top where you can get up close enough to shoot from your chair?

No sir, he fell into that bullet... Never argue with a stupid person. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 512 (0 members and 512 guests)

Users Active within the last 24 hours
tallguy007, daisycutter, teko52, krunchnik, LLE, M L, jf.chandler sr.
Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,863, Comments: 163,272, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity