Forums / Gun Discussion / All New Season Of Sons Of Guns Premiers July 13th,2011

3 years 47 weeks ago, 4:02 PM

Snake

Snake's picture

Lieutenant General

Anyone looking forward to the new season. I wonder what surprises will be in store this season. I for one look forward to it.

By the way anyone live close to red jacket and has done bidness with them? Just curious on how they treat there customers with no camera's around. I assume they get the gold star in customer satisfaction yes?

Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.-Ronald Reagan
3 years 47 weeks ago, 5:32 PM

tallguy007

tallguy007's picture

Lieutenant General
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

if am not asleep lol

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR
3 years 47 weeks ago, 5:50 PM

Anonymous

Will Baby & daughter

Hard to read kind of guy, loves money and proves he will go to any length when he made a special shotgun for Mikey Tuttell of American Choppers, who is the fattest, worthless, piece of shit I have ever seen, anywhere anytime. If it wasn't for their Daddy they both would be still flipping burgers and coloring the wrong crayons. He and any of them cannot shoot worth shit. I watched while they showed pet birds walk around them & dogs chase them to fly and still miss them, and think it was a challenge? It is like Top shot- How many experts are we going to see miss every target four or five times in a row and not get voted off because they are friends, maybe fags! JC

3 years 47 weeks ago, 6:29 PM

harleydave2

harleydave2's picture

Major
red jacket

I helped out there a short time, Will is a great guy and really know his shit...

See, I'm a man of simple tastes. I like dynamite, and gunpowder... And gasoline! Do you know what all of these things have in common? They're cheap!
3 years 47 weeks ago, 6:35 PM

Snake

Snake's picture

Lieutenant General
Great HarleyDave

Good to hear a first hand account from someone close to the inner circle. Glad to know.

Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.-Ronald Reagan
3 years 46 weeks ago, 3:17 PM

Snake

Snake's picture

Lieutenant General

Knowing me I tend to forget things quick so I thought I would remind us that tomorrow at 7pm Eastern time the Sons Of Guns Marathon starts and end with the all new episode. Tune in ya all for cajun fun in the sun....ok that rhyme was bad.... Just tune in and watch if ya like the show. I for one do!!

3 years 45 weeks ago, 10:41 AM

grant22

grant22's picture

Colonel

Bummer. Watched Sons of Guns last night, and it seems they're falling prey to the typical reality work show problems: They're running out of practical applications so they're making Franken-guns. And they are adding drama in there now. The daughter has her bullshit drama and now the owner is starting to act more like an asshole.

I wish they could go back to the original season's formula: Practical guns, Will acted like an adult, and the daughter had a lot less drama.

Oh well, I guess Discovery has to give the average viewer what they want.

Iron Maiden is my religion!
3 years 45 weeks ago, 10:59 AM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
agree

I was thinking the same thing. next week's episode with the chrome motorcycle 1919 looks gayer than ebear in a crotchless bunny suit.

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
3 years 45 weeks ago, 1:52 PM

tallguy007

tallguy007's picture

Lieutenant General
Bunny suit?

I like bunnys hmmmm

Reaper308 wrote:
I was thinking the same thing. next week's episode with the chrome motorcycle 1919 looks gayer than ebear in a crotchless bunny suit.

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR
3 years 44 weeks ago, 8:04 PM

Anonymous

damn reaper

You actualy got me laughing on that one, cudous for you, I needed that, know tell me what you want for Gods sake? John

3 years 45 weeks ago, 10:55 AM

Anonymous

grant

that was what I was saying to snake a few weeks ago about the program, He cuts the new us ponytail, and leaves the other guys beard alone, then daughter is showing too much work, as always they cannot handle it, it meanig money, and the way they used to make it, by being the best at what they do, and earnig a name for themselves. You have to please the audience, or no show. like top shot, Supposedly the greatest trick shot performers their are go on, and miss. But to add drama they do not vote him out? The Marine sniper misses, he does not get voted out, because they do not like the navy resue swimmer, even though he outshoots them. That is what the contest is for outshooting each other, not drama queens ? JC

3 years 45 weeks ago, 11:06 AM

grant22

grant22's picture

Colonel

I have an issue especially with the fact that Will seems inherently a good guy. A fair but stern boss. Now it seems like the producers told him, "we need you to act more like a dick." Not only is it unessecary, it's fabricated. Uncool.

3 years 45 weeks ago, 11:15 AM

Jeffashbyjr

Jeffashbyjr's picture

Lieutenant General
The boonies outside of pensacola, Fl, United States
I like the guns

the Show is another matter I might go by thier when I get off the boat it would be worth the drive to Baton Rouge

If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?
3 years 45 weeks ago, 11:37 AM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
I would like to see

a series on LaRue, Magpul, FNH, Barrett, GA Precision... anything besides an ak/saiga conversion shop who comes up with gimmicks for TV episodes.

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
3 years 45 weeks ago, 3:16 PM

luckybychoice

luckybychoice's picture

Secretary of the Treasury
I saw it

thought the same thing,a thousand yard AK,good,now lets see a thousand yard hipoint.

i tried being reasonable,i didn't like it, NRA LIFE MEMBER,USMC VETERAN
3 years 45 weeks ago, 5:03 PM

grant22

grant22's picture

Colonel

Even one of the cast members said, "there's a reason no one has made a 1000 yd AK." Then, the price at the end of the show was $2800??? Why would anyone want a 1000 yd AK, especially for that price? You are getting into JP LRP-07 territory at that price. Also, I wasn't impressed how they basically spray painted the gun. Definitely not a good showcase for their attention to detail or prices. Could they please just make practicaql guns and cut the drama? PLEASE?

3 years 45 weeks ago, 7:52 PM

Anonymous

Grant

You are right as rain, my friend. What idiot is gonna spring for that besides the Gov. even thry will not. They have a 2000 yarder now, why should they ?. Tonight we get to see the worthless teuttle boys out of rehab and play with a chrome designed handlebarred repeater and blow up some bikes that are stand ins. Those kids or men really bug me, talk about the top candyasses on tv. Their old man gave them to much and that that is what he gets back to show for it. A fat idiot that drips paint on canvass, and another idiot that marrys a bitch that wants his money and see how long that lasts? then when Vinnie gets fed up again doing everything for paul jr. where does he go then. Back to daddy and all comes around again. You notice the fathers wifes sons don't want anything from any of them, and stay out of the games they play. What a waste of what the father did ith his life, turning it around and all. For what, Paul Jr. Designs, & grill & handlebars. Why doesen't will get with those guys who made that track wheel rig remote control and mount some weapons on that for attle by remote control. Imagine one of those babies coming threw anything with the tank tracks and some mini guns & grende launchers and missie launchers all remote in the hills of afghanistan, jus sitting there & watching ragheads fly apart in caves and running on cucles, cool as hell. JC

3 years 45 weeks ago, 4:55 PM

grant22

grant22's picture

Colonel

I'm going to be in the market soon for a suppressor. Leads me to an idea that these guys can do and is a practical application: Putting a suppressor on my GSG 5. It would require shortening the fake suppressor on the GSG 5, then threading the muzzle of the little weenie barrel, and adding one of their .223 suppressors. Maybe they'll do it on their show!

3 years 45 weeks ago, 5:12 PM

Anonymous

grant

I had no problem buying the real thing from Gunzlot, the germans even, it was first anniversary edition, but I don't think my clearance was brought up at all. It is just a muffler to them. I haven't dealt with them for a while though and reaper said he could not get a shroud, I think a while back, I asked and they said how many? I don't know what the hell it is, but try either way, maybe get on TV like you want. But not to tuff to make either or to put threads on barrell. John

3 years 45 weeks ago, 12:49 AM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
hook me up

what you smokin JLC?

3 years 45 weeks ago, 5:32 PM

grant22

grant22's picture

Colonel

Oh, I'm just kiddin about making a show out of my $400 gun. I will look into Gunzlot, tho. Thx JLC....

3 years 45 weeks ago, 6:11 PM

Anonymous

Grant

I am sorry, I just realized it is Gunzstuff.com and they do have the suppressor and 1 adapter in stock for it, ver fashionable piece I guess, for a good, or I think a great little 22 and I guess a lot more people do too. I notice the new guy has one too. sorry for slipup and joke anyway, no sweat! JC

3 years 44 weeks ago, 4:59 PM

Anonymous

Reap

I am sorry , always late, coming back on, it was Gunzstuff.com. If you want me to get you whatever I will, I thought I said that before , but no matter you ask and if in my realm you recieve my friend. Sorry for being late all the time, the other computer is down and photos are all messed up in it and wife is on this one etc. I still get there and the other and photos by next week for clint and everybody I hope. But tell me what you need ? JC

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 1073 (0 members and 1073 guests)

Users Active within the last 24 hours
captmax, jf.chandler sr., LLE, Pa Pa Tom, DEMO, tallguy007, jusuni, jpdental, teko52
Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,762, Comments: 162,543, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity