Forums / Gun Discussion / AR Fans--GET A LOOK AT THE NEW RUGER SR 556

5 years 12 weeks ago, 7:18 AM

LLE

LLE's picture

General

Looks like their usual fine design and build quality. It has a high MSRP, but probably will be a real competitor on the market.

Too old to fight, Too old to run, guess that's why I carry a gun! "would someone show this asshole the way out of town".[Rabbi Avram Belinski-aka "The Frisco Kid"]
5 years 10 weeks ago, 11:41 PM

runawaygun762

runawaygun762's picture

Vice President

Mini-14 is garbage

"I have always been a soldier. I have known no other life. The calling of arms, I have followed from boyhood. I have never sought another." From The Virtues of War, by Steven Pressfield.
5 years 10 weeks ago, 12:04 AM

LittleDragon

LittleDragon's picture

also ryo not really think it worth the extra money with only a mil-spec barrel. for this kind of money exotic alloy barrel rifles are available with 2 to 4 time the hardness of a mil-spec barrel. ferrovanadium alloy barrels from YHM are an example neh. YHM rifles are very high quality and cost just over 1300.00 dollar instead of close to 2000.00 dollar. just from own p.o.v. it seem like very good rifle, as most product from ruger would be, but it does seem expensive for what is being offered neh.
Here is the URL for YHM http://yankeehillmachine.com/

Your friend,

LittleDragon

Moshi Moshi from LittleDragon
5 years 10 weeks ago, 5:21 AM

LLE

LLE's picture

General

it will sell for considerably less $$ because of the competition.

Too old to fight, Too old to run, guess that's why I carry a gun! "would someone show this asshole the way out of town".[Rabbi Avram Belinski-aka "The Frisco Kid"]
5 years 10 weeks ago, 5:46 AM

runawaygun762

runawaygun762's picture

Vice President

If I ever feel the need to graduate up to a piston M4-gery (almost certainly never happen), it'll be the LWRC "Paul Howe" edition, which I found at Quantico Tactical for a bit over 3000.

"I have always been a soldier. I have known no other life. The calling of arms, I have followed from boyhood. I have never sought another." From The Virtues of War, by Steven Pressfield.
5 years 10 weeks ago, 6:06 AM

charley9toe

charley9toe's picture

Lieutenant General
runaway

I agree with you, my Bushmaster is doing just fine as well.

(You have to look behind all of that outer space stuff)
5 years 10 weeks ago, 4:30 PM

DEMO

DEMO's picture

Lieutenant General
looks sweet

I have had great success with all RUGERS I own. If I had the cash.....It would be mine

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do
5 years 10 weeks ago, 12:33 AM

runawaygun762

runawaygun762's picture

Vice President

and both were terrible. I'm sure this rifle will have better success, as you can use AR mags and not have to rely on Ruger mags.

5 years 10 weeks ago, 8:17 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
SR 556

yeah, the price looks a bit high... but they chrome lined everything. Just depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for an entry level AR, there are plenty of cheaper options. I agree with runaway that mini 14's suck... but 10/22's are always good, and rugers handguns seem to be decent enough. I'm guessing this will be a pretty decent rifle, but for 2K, you might be able to find something a little nicer. I know if I were gonna drop that much right now, it would be on a socom II, not an AR

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
5 years 10 weeks ago, 9:13 PM

STEVE WILLIAMS

STEVE WILLIAMS's picture

Colonel
ohhhhhh hell

ive only got a ol m-1 carbine its in great shape though its a clean shooter

steve williams

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 898 (1 member and 897 guests)
jusuni

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,649, Comments: 161,035, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity