1. To ensure perfect aim, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target
2. The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
3. Murphy's Law of Combat: "Never forget that your weapon was manufactured by the lowest bidder"
4. "They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." - General John Sedgwick (1813-1864), last words
5. When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend.
6. If the enemy is in range, so are you.
7. Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.
8. If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
9. If at first you don't succeed, call in an airstrike.
10. Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.
11. Professionals are predictable, it's the amateurs that are dangerous.
12. A Purple Heart just proves that were you smart enough to think of a plan, stupid enough to try it, and lucky enough to survive.
13. Everybody looks brave holding a machine gun.
14. Had this been an actual emergency, we would have fled in terror and you wouldn't have been notified.
15. Remember: The old adage "Fight fire with fire" does not apply to non-metaphorical fires.
16. Friendly fire - isn't.
17. When in doubt empty the magazine.
18. If your attack is going well, you have walked into an ambush.
19. Clever is getting out alive.
20. The easy way is always mined.
21. It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed.
22. The enemy diversion you're ignoring is their main attack.
23. Anything you do can get you killed, including nothing.
24. Tracers work both ways.
25. Never share a fox hole with anyone braver than you.
26. Air defense motto: shoot 'em down; sort 'em out on the ground.
27. Field experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
28. Make it too tough for the enemy to get in and you can't get out.
29. Interchangeable parts - aren't.
30. The more a weapon costs, the farther you will have to send it away to be repaired.
31. Don't look conspicuous: it draws fire.
32. Suppressive fires - won't.
33. If enough data is collected, a board of inquiry can prove anything.
34. Recoilless rifles - aren't.
I intend to live forever, or die trying. It Could Be that the Purpose of Your Life is Only to Serve as a Warning to Others. Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them. All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.