Forums / Gun Discussion / Benelli m4 is it worth the 1600+ they ask for it?

4 years 24 weeks ago, 5:25 PM

moedizzl3

moedizzl3's picture

Colonel

the Benelli m4 is it worth the 1600+ that they ask for it or is it just paying for the name... i dont know much about this gun... but i feel more than 900 for a shotgun is ridiculous for exsample the remington 870 im holding in my pic it only cost 600 and its one hell of a shotgun i really would like to know what is so speical anout the m4 i hope its not just name hype...

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission. ~John F. Kennedy~
4 years 24 weeks ago, 5:43 PM

MattyTheJet

MattyTheJet's picture

Lieutenant General
Benelli

I for one don't think it's worth $1600, Moe. The Remington over your shoulder is every bit as good as the Benelli for a lot less, imo.

4 years 24 weeks ago, 6:04 PM

moedizzl3

moedizzl3's picture

Colonel
i feel the same way

i was just looking into semi-auto shotguns and i came across the m4 do you know of a good semi-auto?

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission. ~John F. Kennedy~
4 years 24 weeks ago, 6:07 PM

MattyTheJet

MattyTheJet's picture

Lieutenant General
Semi-Auto

Have you given any thought to the Remington 1187? Hell, you can get a Browning automatic shotgun for less than the Benelli.

4 years 24 weeks ago, 7:47 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
moedizzl

What are you planning on using it for? Hunting, defense, 3 gun? If you give us a little more info I'm sure you'll get quite a few suggestions. The m4 is a good combat shotgun, but you are paying for the name and cool factor. You can find a m2 tactical for quite a bit cheaper. These are pretty popular in 3 gun. FN's SLP isn't bad either. There's no real way to say if they're "worth" $xxx, because thats really up to you. If you're looking for a field semi auto there are better choices.

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
4 years 24 weeks ago, 11:58 PM

moedizzl3

moedizzl3's picture

Colonel
mostly hunting

a bird hunting shotgun that can double as a deer hunting with minimal mods like change of the barrel... whats 3 gun? the m2 tactical looks bad ass with a nice pistol grip....

4 years 23 weeks ago, 11:20 AM

Eric1911

Eric1911's picture

Major
shot gun for anything

take a look at the mossberg flex system, you can have a shot gun for any application

4 years 24 weeks ago, 11:21 AM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
oh

for a bird gun there are far better choices. Look at some of benelli's other offerings as well as remington, browning, beretta, mossberg, cz etc...

3 gun competitions are held at the national level as well as a lot of local shooting clubs and ranges:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YewwW_LYViY

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
4 years 23 weeks ago, 12:40 PM

moedizzl3

moedizzl3's picture

Colonel

thanks for the video bro 3 gun is definitively something i could see myself doing... real top shelf stuff shooting going on in this video im gonna check the shooting clubs around me

4 years 24 weeks ago, 11:27 AM

MattyTheJet

MattyTheJet's picture

Lieutenant General
Bird/Deer hunting

I got to agree with Reaper on this one, Moe. There are vastly superior hunting guns for a lot less cash. I see already you're a Remington fan, so you might want to check into their line, but Mossberg also makes some great hunting guns as well as Winchester. You can get all of them for 1/2 or 1/3 of what that Benelli goes for.

4 years 24 weeks ago, 12:20 PM

clintlebo

clintlebo's picture

Lieutenant General
benelli M4

I got to play around with one. I like the ability to add a shell not from the magazine, while keeping the magazine in the condition you loaded it. I.e. buckshot in the mag slugs on the gun, need a slug, push a button, the shell ejects but does not feed from the magazine, you place your slug in the chamber hit the slide release and you are good to go, but that is a tactical application.

Where I live, a "plug" would have to be installed to hunt birds legally. We have a three round limit, 2 in the magazine, 1 in the pipe. If you have not checked your regulations, it might be a good idea.

clint

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin & Hobbes)
4 years 24 weeks ago, 1:08 PM

moedizzl3

moedizzl3's picture

Colonel
same here

in NJ we have to plug it up to

4 years 24 weeks ago, 2:42 PM

MattyTheJet

MattyTheJet's picture

Lieutenant General
Jersey

moedizzl3 wrote:
in NJ we have to plug it up to

I'm surprised they don't make you render the gun nun-functional in New Jersey, lol.

4 years 23 weeks ago, 12:13 AM

moedizzl3

moedizzl3's picture

Colonel
lol

in nj you have to use speical ammo when hunting it shoots confetti...lol

4 years 23 weeks ago, 12:17 AM

daisycutter

daisycutter's picture

General of the Army

the memo on that one LOL !!

iyaoyas
4 years 23 weeks ago, 3:05 PM

moedizzl3

moedizzl3's picture

Colonel
lol

lol

4 years 23 weeks ago, 9:04 AM

MattyTheJet

MattyTheJet's picture

Lieutenant General

I've seen those! The Hornady Mardi Gras special!

4 years 23 weeks ago, 12:28 AM

greg az

greg az's picture

Secretary of Homeland Security

this one of Tony Sopranos buds.. NJ to me is Chris Christie.. Hard to say if he's going to be anything out side of Gov, but ya got to like his style..

Hey speaking of Politics.. we gave to the Romney campaign.. Got one of the phone solicitation calls yesterday, and figured if were serious about defeating O, then do more talk.. hope we get lucky and get a bumber sticker to...lol.

a man has to hold his word, hold his beliefs, and hold a good sight picture.
4 years 23 weeks ago, 9:08 AM

MattyTheJet

MattyTheJet's picture

Lieutenant General
Christie and Romney

I would love to see Christie be President. Still not sold on Romney though. Even if he wins he's essentially Obama's twin. I mean, look at Obama care vs. Romney's version in Taxachusetts. If these two were kids in a high school class taking a test they'd both get F's. Obama would get an F for copying off Mitt's paper and Mitt would get an F because the idea is so collosally stupid. Think I'm going to end up being stuck with Romney though, and since his 2nd Amendment stance is a Hell of a lot better than the communist we currently have I'll end up voting for him.

4 years 23 weeks ago, 3:14 PM

moedizzl3

moedizzl3's picture

Colonel

gold men sachs lines his pockets just like they line obamas pockets. and the man flip flops like a fish outta water
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EQwrB1vu74c

4 years 23 weeks ago, 4:41 PM

greg az

greg az's picture

I'm with you on the "flip flop" stuff.. I also think the guy would say anything to get elected, that being said, it looks like it's going to be a choice of O or who ever the Republicans run..

The only thing really positive i see with Romney is his charitable giving is way more than other candidates.. Think this has to do with his religious beliefs maybe.. The bottom line for all of us who didn't have R as our first choice.. (i didn't) is we either support him or get 4 more of O..

4 years 23 weeks ago, 5:51 AM

moedizzl3

moedizzl3's picture

Colonel

Look into Ron Paul A+ on guns and civil libertys

4 years 23 weeks ago, 7:30 AM

MattyTheJet

MattyTheJet's picture

Lieutenant General
My guy

moedizzl3 wrote:
Look into Ron Paul A+ on guns and civil libertys

From the very beginning! Hopefully all of Santorum and Gingrich's delegates will get behind him and we can swipe the nomination from Obomney in Tampa!

4 years 23 weeks ago, 1:12 PM

greg az

greg az's picture

Here's how this works.. and for what it's worth, NOT the way i want it to.. i have been a Libertarian for close to a decade.. Have a couple of issues with Pauls foreign policy.. ie his stance on Iran having nukes that i don't agree with, that being said the man is pure gold.. and could be the best president since the founding fathers.. His chances are almost zero, but he does have enough delegates to control (and this is all he wants) party policy.. I supported Newt because i believed he could take the debate to O.. But we all need to understand this..

Out side of something happening to Romney, which would be in the nature of something that has not come to light.. and doubt this could happen as hes been examined in detail by all the media.. At any rate out side of some "event".. by the way thats why campaigns are "suspended" not stopped.. Romney will reach the magic number of candidates.. not sure on what that is, something like 14 or 15 hundred.. lets say its 1450.. and it is close to that.. Once he has those delegates they HAVE to vote for him on the first round at the convention in FL.. No option.. they have to.. and at this point he has that count sewed up.. This is pretty much a black and white issue of R being the candidate now.. Do we want it.. i don't .. but i have more distress with O being POTUS for another four years.. Afraid we have to support R or thats going to happen..

4 years 23 weeks ago, 7:34 AM

MattyTheJet

MattyTheJet's picture

Lieutenant General
So basically

even if we vote Obama out we've still got him for the next four years. Lovely....

4 years 23 weeks ago, 1:31 PM

Hawkeye50317

Hawkeye50317's picture

Colonel

Most politicians flip flop depending on what state they are in and what day it is.

4 years 23 weeks ago, 3:09 PM

moedizzl3

moedizzl3's picture

Colonel

he vote neutral on guns but he made some statement anti gun comments so im not sold on him

4 years 23 weeks ago, 10:46 PM

MattyTheJet

MattyTheJet's picture

Lieutenant General
All right

Screw it then! I'll be President! Couldn't do much worse....

4 years 23 weeks ago, 5:53 AM

moedizzl3

moedizzl3's picture

Colonel
mattythejet

Id vote for u bro

4 years 23 weeks ago, 7:29 AM

MattyTheJet

MattyTheJet's picture

Lieutenant General
Okay

moedizzl3 wrote:
Id vote for u bro

That makes 2 of us, this is what we call a surge in the polls!

4 years 23 weeks ago, 12:35 AM

daisycutter

daisycutter's picture

General of the Army

I did take a bath, I think??
Wait a minute, I don't use the phone 'cause I'm deaf, Stella hangs up on any call she either A: don't understand or B: Is interrupted by. They prolly did call and got a dose of Stella's wrath.
Yep, I can hardly wait for obama clan to do a clinton and steal all the furniture in the White House, they can have it if they just get the hell outta there!
So far this primary season I've liked almost all of the contestants, 2 of them were totally off the scope.

iyaoyas
4 years 23 weeks ago, 12:52 AM

greg az

greg az's picture

the thing here is not so much illegal as unethical.. he made all of those ...we all have to pay our share.. when pushing the buffit style tax increase.. Think we know how the wealthy pay the VAST majority of income tax at this point, and it was just a bit hypocritical to give that speach, then take every deduction possible.. guess his tax's preparation used every means possible to get his tax bill down as low as it could go..again not illegal, just hypocritical..

We get calls from the "hukster" all the time..today was the first Romney.. pre recorded.. Gloria yell's in and asks what i think about contributing.. said sure lets do more than just whine about it...

4 years 23 weeks ago, 5:57 AM

moedizzl3

moedizzl3's picture

Colonel

http://www.google.com/m/products/catalog?hl=en&q=Remington+870+Express+T...

4 years 23 weeks ago, 8:00 AM

MattyTheJet

MattyTheJet's picture

Lieutenant General
Good Idea

My thought on it is this: Why spend $1600 on one gun when you can get TWO GUNS for the same money?

4 years 23 weeks ago, 9:38 AM

moedizzl3

moedizzl3's picture

Colonel

Yeah i found a 1911 range officer for 750 so i might get both...

4 years 23 weeks ago, 9:41 AM

moedizzl3

moedizzl3's picture

Colonel
and i save

I save 300 and get 2 guns cant beat that with a stick

4 years 23 weeks ago, 10:10 AM

MattyTheJet

MattyTheJet's picture

Lieutenant General
Moe

That sounds like a perfect plan, that's the way I would go, too.

3 years 35 weeks ago, 9:28 AM

Hilgy51

Hilgy51's picture

Master Sergeant
Benelli M4

I have the M4 and nothing out there compares to it. $1,600 is steep but I believe you get what you pay for. Good luck with your decision.

3 years 35 weeks ago, 9:56 AM

captmax

captmax's picture

General
Bennelli

Hilgy, I agree, I paid $1200 for my Benelli SBEII. I have not hand one regret or a second thought. They make great guns, four of the guys I gun with, now use Benellis.

Each election is an advance auction on the sale of stolen goods

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 878 (0 members and 878 guests)

Users Active within the last 24 hours
jpdental, tallguy007, captmax, teko52, jf.chandler sr., DanO
Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,893, Comments: 163,311, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity