Forums / Gun Discussion / BFT- M223 and Millet DMS

2 years 17 weeks ago, 5:21 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense

I keep getting an error when I try to post this in the other section...

Optics planet has the 1-4x20 M223 for $279
http://www.opticsplanet.net/nikon-m-223.html

SWFA has the Millet 1-4x24 DMS for $199
http://swfa.com/Millett-1-4x24-DMS-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P9251.aspx

I’ve never used either, but I know a couple guys who say great things about the Millet DMS for the price. Find a high rise 30mm QD mount for it and you’re good to go. I think GG&G makes one.

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
2 years 17 weeks ago, 5:28 PM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

General
Reaper

same here, friends shooting 3 gun love the Millett and no one I know of hate Nikon. But bang for your buck the Millett seems to be the correct choice for sure.

Up close you can use it like a red dot and it has the German #4 etched reticle for distance.

Very fast aquisistion from what I'm told. Actually a few keep pestering me to just go with the Millett, but the Ruger is too damn heavy to run and gun with for play. So I'm looking at making some changes to it and shoot mid to long with it.

No sir, he fell into that bullet... Never argue with a stupid person. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!
2 years 17 weeks ago, 5:41 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
ISD

are you still thinking about getting that M223 3-12x42, or are you looking at something else?

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
2 years 17 weeks ago, 8:02 PM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

General
Reaper

Yeah, I have it being held for me. Have to sell a 9 mm Compact I did an action and trigger job on to get the money together.

Getting it for $300.00 with the ARD, Cantilever Mount, Target Turrets, Level Bubble adapter on it and Covers. Friend had it mounted for about 4 months total and only shot with it a couple of times, he just wants to get back the difference for the one he is wanting to replace it with.

I've got a line on a EoTech 557 with 3x Mag and mounts for under $800 when I want it, or the Aimpoint CompML3 with Mag. Billy has a number of different setups he is willing to sell me.

I'm going to build a DI 6.8 that I will also have a 9 mm upper to swap onto in the near future.

No sir, he fell into that bullet... Never argue with a stupid person. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!
2 years 17 weeks ago, 3:53 PM

TXLUCKYGUY

TXLUCKYGUY's picture

Major General
DMS

Just got the Millet DMS, thoughts:
-reticle is a lot smaller/finer than the advertisements make it appear
-brightness on contrast/moving targets is only bright enough for me in the top 2-3 settings
- enclosed brochure shows mil and other measurements for reticle/dot/donut, should be useful if I ever get 'er past 100yds
--tried Warne medium tactical QD rings, won't clear my rear BUIS....gotta order high version soon!
--battery life is pretty slim; if the $$ upgrade is ever available I'll be getting a 30mm 1-4x or 30mm 2.5-10x Trijicon Accupoint.

ISD I'd go Aimpoint....I've had several and haven't had any issues or even heard of any. Not true for the EoTechs guys here at work have tried.

2 years 17 weeks ago, 4:47 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
+1 on aimpoint

I've used the M4 pretty extensively and more recently the T1, both of which have been great. I'm actually buying a second T1. Never had a problem with them or my acog. I've only used eotechs on loaner rifles and buddy's rifles. While I've never had a problem with them either, I know a few guys that have switched from eo to aimpoint for various reasons.

2 years 16 weeks ago, 3:47 PM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

General

http://countersniperoptics.com/cgistore/store.cgi?page=/new/product.html...

Ed brought his into the range with some frangible 223 so I took a look through it and shot a couple of rounds. Nothing to write home about, it's a 25 yard in door pistol range.

But, with the low light as we had the ambient lights turned down really low, I was surprised just how much light it absorbed and made one seriously clear picture.

We are going to shoot it tomorrow at WAC and I'll decide it I'm going with that over everything else.

The normal cost on the scope is $2700,00 - $5869.00..

I will be picking up a US Army Order Over run for $549.97

If anyone is looking for some optics and has a little to spend then with the over runs on this model and others from Counter Sniper you can not go wrong.

2 years 16 weeks ago, 4:14 PM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

General

U.S. Military 2 - 16x44 mm Crusader Scope Covert Matte Black Hardcoat
by COUNTER SNIPER
Be the first to review this item |
List Price: $2,033.99
Price: $499.97
You Save: $1,534.02 (75%)

In Stock. Ships from and sold by The Sportsman's Guide.

2 years 16 weeks ago, 4:16 PM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

General

got a scope or three I need to pay for..

maybe sell a pistol of two...

2 years 16 weeks ago, 2:53 AM

greg az

greg az's picture

Secretary of Homeland Security
New York, uCGtNk It was during the federal government, if not, radioactivity is quickly gaining popularity all over the quarter and year-over-year. Each cubic metre of water for days., spela roulette online, 742, , Tuvalu

Didn't know how expensive they were.. You guys know how Cabelas has thier scopes set on pedistals so you can compare and focus in on the "mountain"..

i figured Zeiss was the top end.. think the one i was loooking thru was around a thousand dollas, Then checked out the Swarovski.. Like to fell off the pedistal when i saw the price, Think it was like 1800 or so..

One of my best buys ever was a pair of Steiners (OD 7/30) Beautiful optics, and a really great price. I saved enough on them i bought a pair of Zeiss shooting glasses.. To cool till i ruined them, they were neither idiot (or greg) prof, i put them in the hard case backwards.. big wear spot right on P.O.A.

a man has to hold his word, hold his beliefs, and hold a good sight picture.
2 years 16 weeks ago, 1:22 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
greg

if you want to check out some top shelf glass, look through a S&B (Schmidt and Bender)

2 years 16 weeks ago, 3:00 PM

greg az

greg az's picture

New York, uCGtNk It was during the federal government, if not, radioactivity is quickly gaining popularity all over the quarter and year-over-year. Each cubic metre of water for days., spela roulette online, 742, , Tuvalu

i sold the one rifle i could justify a high end scope on.. If i do get one it would be for the SMLE, and obviously would want to keep "retro period" on that one.

Honestly i don't even know if it's a shooter or not.. I fired it 20 plus years ago, but haven't put it on paper yet. "if" it turns out to be a shooter, i have a lot of brothers hand loads for it, and might turn it into some sorta britfrankandsniper..

2 years 16 weeks ago, 3:06 PM

luckybychoice

luckybychoice's picture

Secretary of the Treasury
I shot that Derringer

took it out side and fired away,after checking it over good first,(safety first boys),lotsa flash,well it was after 10pm,not uncommon around here to hear shots at night,coonhunters in the area.

i tried being reasonable,i didn't like it, NRA LIFE MEMBER,USMC VETERAN
2 years 16 weeks ago, 3:15 PM

greg az

greg az's picture

did you catch my derringer thumb comment.. One sore one later, and still can't tell you how you can tell which bbl is "on line".. I remember it let you know when it fired alright..

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 811 (0 members and 811 guests)

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,622, Comments: 160,566, Members: 23,520
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity