Forums / Gun Discussion / Black tip 308 winchester bullets Legal?

2 years 31 weeks ago, 9:19 PM

DEMO

DEMO's picture

Lieutenant General

I picked up Black tipped tungsten core bullets. Are these legal? Can I reload these without being non compliant? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do
2 years 31 weeks ago, 10:47 PM

ronin1604

ronin1604's picture

Lieutenant General
I'm no expert..

So, PLEASE VERIFY what I'm about to say. As I understand it, " Armor-piercing" laws only apply to PISTOL ammunition. Rifle ammo is still legal.

__________________ "...He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." - Jesus, Luke 22:36
2 years 31 weeks ago, 12:39 PM

Saint J.M. Browning

Saint J.M. Browning's picture

General
AP Ammo

This should clear thing up a bit. Still confusion if you ask me.

http://www.recguns.com/Sources/IIG1.html

"I don't think Hank done it this way" - Waylon
2 years 31 weeks ago, 7:09 PM

DEMO

DEMO's picture

Lieutenant General
Thanks!

Just trying to stay legal

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do
2 years 30 weeks ago, 8:02 AM

ronin1604

ronin1604's picture

Lieutenant General
Like I said...

Pistol ammo... and rifle ammo to be used in pistols. Sounds like the making is out also, but I am curious as to where you would get the components to make it.

__________________ "...He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." - Jesus, Luke 22:36
2 years 30 weeks ago, 8:22 AM

luckybychoice

luckybychoice's picture

Secretary of the Treasury
the making

i understood that to mean,the making of the bullet,not of assembling components to make a round,is that how you guys are reading that to?

i tried being reasonable,i didn't like it, NRA LIFE MEMBER,USMC VETERAN
2 years 30 weeks ago, 10:16 PM

DEMO

DEMO's picture

Lieutenant General

The way I read it, you can load it to a a round but you can not create a component bullet

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 879 (0 members and 879 guests)

Users Active within the last 24 hours
daisycutter, Pa Pa Tom, teko52, LLE, null, jf.chandler sr., tallguy007, captmax, jpdental
Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,715, Comments: 162,084, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity