Forums / Gun Discussion / Browning A1919A4 .30 cal

4 years 24 weeks ago, 12:42 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State

I stumbled across this ad while surfing the local classifieds, I would love to add this to my collection and $1200 sounds cheap. Anyone know what this thing is worth off the top of your heads?

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=9553329&cat=377&lpid=14&search=

Change you can truly believe in comes from the barrel of a gun---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ron Paul 2012----Vote the bastards out!---------------------------------
4 years 24 weeks ago, 12:56 PM

dockit

dockit's picture

Major General
Problem Hamp read his

Problem Hamp read his advertising. he claimes it's an original Browning but near the end tells you it comes with 100 Israeli links, this seems like an Israeli 1919a4. 1200.00 is about average value.

This is an original Browning 1919A4 .30 Caliber belt-fed machine gun that has been converted to semi-auto using newly manufactured parts. The barrel is 24" and 4 groove- it is currently chambered for the 7.62mm NATO (308 Winchester) but can be quickly converted to 30-06 Springfield or 8mm Mauser if you wish. It has been assembled with care to BATFE guidelines and functions excellent. The sights are graduated to 2000 meters with a flip-up front sight. The original parkerize finish is still on it with some touch-up done to prevent oxidation. Comes with 100 Israeli links (good for all three calibers) and mount-ready for a tripod. For an additional $550, I'll throw in the tripod and pintle. **Ammo not included**

Its hard to find these anymore- the military supplies are all gone. If you ever wanted one of these, act now. I've got 2 of these for sale. One is a .308 with a factory made blued right side plate. The other one is .308 with a customized and parkerized right side plate.

I intend to live forever, or die trying. It Could Be that the Purpose of Your Life is Only to Serve as a Warning to Others. Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them. All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.
4 years 24 weeks ago, 12:58 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
A1919A4

looks like its a parts kit gun. its depends on what you think a "fair price" is. You can get the kits for $300-$500. The kits come complete with everything except the right side plate and rivots. you can usually find those for another $100-$150. If you search for deals and want to invest the time to build it yourself, you can do it quite a bit cheaper. On the other hand, some companies like Black Bear, sell complete guns for $2k. No matter how you do it... that would be a fun shooter.

here are some quick reference sites, but there are many more out there if you search for the parts kits...
http://www.quarterbore.com/weapons/browning_1919a4.htm
http://1919a4.com/tutorials/tutorial9.php
http://1919a4.com/tutorials/

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
4 years 24 weeks ago, 1:14 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State
Thanks Reaper for

the link's. I am inclined to build one myself which looks like a fun project.

Change you can truly believe in comes from the barrel of a gun---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ron Paul 2012----Vote the bastards out!---------------------------------
4 years 24 weeks ago, 1:02 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State
I see, thanks dockit

he does seem to contradict himself.

4 years 23 weeks ago, 1:10 AM

lwswart

lwswart's picture

Major

ask for a close up on the manufactured stamp to see where it, the frame was made... from there you want to guarantee that none of the rivets are loose... any internal parts you can change and replace easy enough... the best thing to do is go buy it in person with the stipulations of a inspection and test fire...

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 1249 (2 members and 1247 guests)
jf.chandler sr., captmax

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,690, Comments: 161,649, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity