Forums / Off Topic / Custom engraved and personalized 1911

5 years 1 day ago, 9:11 PM

zx12rmike

zx12rmike's picture

President Pro Temp

Next time I go to my father in laws house, I am going to ask him to drag out his stuff. I cannot post a pic until I go back to his house next week. He has a 1911 custom engraved with the Marine Corps and his name and ssn, well it's friggen beautiful. It has never had a round thru it besides the factory. I think it is a Colt. Not sure because it has been a while since I've seen it. Ok, now for your opinions. The last time I talked with him about his Japanese rifle and his .45 he said he was going to sell it to me. Of course I will buy it from him, at whatever price he wants. This man was very generous to my family and I respect him greatly. My question to you guys (girls) Would YOU shoot this gun?

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home" Thomas Jefferson
5 years 1 day ago, 9:35 PM

ecaman

ecaman's picture

General
If it's a Colt

and a factory commemorative, & still has the box, papers & everything, & is unfired, I wouldn't shoot it.
After you see it, & verify everything about it, please come back to this & let us all know exactly what you found out.

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man. (Mark Twain).
5 years 1 day ago, 9:36 PM

zx12rmike

zx12rmike's picture

President Pro Temp

I need to get a pic of it next week.

5 years 1 day ago, 9:38 PM

luckybychoice

luckybychoice's picture

Secretary of the Treasury
hell yes

i'd shoot it,maybe get it appraised first,but if you are planning on keeping it and handing it down,then why not shoot it and enjoy it?

i tried being reasonable,i didn't like it, NRA LIFE MEMBER,USMC VETERAN
5 years 1 day ago, 9:41 PM

zx12rmike

zx12rmike's picture

President Pro Temp

I have already told my son, If I end up with it, he is gonna get it. Well it is his Grandpa. I know he would keep it and hand it down also. My other son would just sell it for a friggen game console or something stupid.

5 years 1 day ago, 9:50 PM

luckybychoice

luckybychoice's picture

Secretary of the Treasury
I just made a deal

with my son today,i gave him my Browning hipower when he turned 21,that was 8 years ago,now i am trading him my .44 Ruger Super Blackhawk for the BHP,he will then trade in the Ruger for another gun he wants,which happens to be a Glock 19,he likes the double action and doesn't want to carry a cocked and locked BHP.

i tried being reasonable,i didn't like it, NRA LIFE MEMBER,USMC VETERAN

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 1227 (1 member and 1226 guests)
captmax

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,687, Comments: 161,583, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity