Major
cz 527

Anybody got a take on a cz527 223 cal.

5 years 29 weeks ago, 8:54 AM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

General
Very accurate rifle.

Hows things up there in God's Country? Used to live in Woodland, Calais and Bath when younger.All the really good memories are from up there, beautiful State and great people.

Which model? Carbine, Varmint, Lux, M1 American, American, M1 Light weight American, FS?

Anyway, the 527 Varmint .223 rifle is basically a miniature Mauser with the military chamber so you can shoot either 5.56 or 223 without worry of anything. CZ is very detail driven and the Rifle is dead on and with flawless functioning it is hard to beat.

I've shot the Varmint with the Wood and the M1 Light Weight American Fiber stock, personally I like the traditional look and feel of wood. In short time you will be one holing it at 100 yards without any flyers. Then it just gets better and farther away...

Out of the box CZ's are one of the Top runners of little known firearms in the USA. They bought out Bruno and absorbed the craftsmen and designers in many cases into their operation. This allowed them to kick it up a notch in quality and design. Though they are very European in look, feel and quality, they stand up and perform...

You want to take the Barrel Twist rate into consideration when choosing a model, the American has a 1:9 heavier rounds stabilize better and the Varmint has 1:12 lighter rounds stabilize better with the higher twist rate.

No sir, he fell into that bullet... Never argue with a stupid person. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!
5 years 29 weeks ago, 7:07 AM

mainecathunter

mainecathunter's picture

Major
cz 527

I shoot, Thanks, for the info on the cz. I am not sure but i think its , the American. How would I know for sure? Thanks again.By the way we spent 17 years in Deltona Fl.Hog hunted the St. Johns river area almost every night, had a ball..

5 years 26 weeks ago, 5:56 PM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

General

She grew up in Mayport...

I remember going to my grandmothers and slipping under the fence to sneak out to the beach on the Mayport Naval Station. Watching Carriers and stuff coming in and going out, the Fighters taking off and landing. Hell half my family was Navy or Marines and the other half was Army and Marines.

lol

Navy brat myself though dad got out in the late 60's.

But, yeah, there are loads of Pigs up on the Saint Johns river for sure.

No sir, he fell into that bullet... Never argue with a stupid person. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!
5 years 29 weeks ago, 7:08 PM

mainecathunter

mainecathunter's picture

Major
cz527

Ishoot sorry. its the Classic....not the American....

5 years 29 weeks ago, 7:15 PM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

General
Mainecathunter

If it is a Classic, it is a 527 American Classic so it should eat anything you feed it with and shoot very well.

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 822 (0 members and 822 guests)

Users Active within the last 24 hours
DanO, tallguy007, jpdental, captmax, teko52, jf.chandler sr.
Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,893, Comments: 163,311, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity