A jury has found five men guilty of conspiring to kill soldiers at Fort Dix, New Jersey, a spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's office said Monday.
The defendants were acquitted of attempted murder charges but face life in prison.
The jury spent six days deliberating.
Six men were arrested on May 7, 2007, in New Jersey, as two of them were meeting a confidential government witness "to purchase three AK-47 automatic machine guns and four semi-automatic M-16s to be used in an attack they had been planning from at least January 2006," according to a criminal complaint.
The sixth defendant, Agron Abdullahu, pleaded guilty in October to a reduced charge of providing firearms to illegal aliens and received a sentence of 20 months in prison and three years of supervised release.
Abdullahu told the court in October that, from January 2006 to May 2007, he and Turkish-born Serdar Tatar provided firearms to brothers Dritan Duka, Shain Duka and Eljvir "Elvis" Duka.
The Duka brothers, born in the former Yugoslavia, were in the United States illegally.
Tatar and Abdullahu are both legal U.S. residents. The other defendant, Jordanian-born Mohamad Ibrahim Shnewer, is the only U.S. citizen among them.
The alleged Fort Dix plot came to light when two men gave an 8 mm videotape to a clerk at a Circuit City store in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, and asked him to convert it to DVD format.
Authorities said the tape showed 10 young men shooting at a practice range and shouting in Arabic, "Allahu Akbar," or "God is great."
The clerk, Brian Morgenstern, said the video showed the men with handguns and rifles that appeared to be "fully automatic weapons."
"I saw some stuff on the film that was disturbing and it kind of gained my attention that way," he told CNN in May 2007.
Morgenstern alerted the police, who initiated the investigation into the men, who were living in Philadelphia's southern New Jersey suburbs.
With every Civil Right there has to be a corresponding civil obligation.