Forums / Gun Discussion / Gun Poll: Hai or Iye, M110 SASS 7.62mm x 51mm is best rifle in class for purpose design?

5 years 26 weeks ago, 6:10 PM

LittleDragon

LittleDragon's picture

Hai mean yes and iye mean no in Nihongo language. Ryo think M110 is best ever rifle make in class for purpose was design for, which is as both sniper rifle and sniper spotter rifle. would honto like know what other people think. Honto is word in Nihongo that mean true or truth or in case as use here, mean really.

Moshi Moshi from LittleDragon
5 years 26 weeks ago, 6:32 PM

fordvg

fordvg's picture

M110 SASS

Hai for the M110 SASS rifle. I have never got a chance to shoot one but sure would love to shoot one and even have one.

"WAR IS A RACKET, I spent most of my time being a high-class muscle-man for Big Business, for Wall Street, and for the Bankers." Major-General Smedley Darlington Butler USMC Ret. 2 time Medal of Honor winner.
5 years 26 weeks ago, 6:44 PM

LittleDragon

LittleDragon's picture

fordvg

little brother ryu kun got one as special gift from ojiisan and father for last christmas, ryo make gift to go with M110 for little brother, gave him 2000 round 7.62mm x 51mm match round for to go with new rifle. ryu kun shoot this rifle now every time we go gun club and shooting range. is wonderful to see him shoot this weapon. is most very excellent weapon. was purpose design as sniper rifle but can also serve as rifle for sniper spotter and because only weigh 15 pound can be use by designate marksman to support rifle squad neh.

5 years 26 weeks ago, 9:15 PM

runawaygun762

runawaygun762's picture

Vice President

I still think the PSG-1 trumps the M110

"I have always been a soldier. I have known no other life. The calling of arms, I have followed from boyhood. I have never sought another." From The Virtues of War, by Steven Pressfield.
5 years 26 weeks ago, 12:20 PM

Anonymous

runawaygun

I agree the PSG-1 Is a remarkable sniper rifle.

5 years 26 weeks ago, 9:43 PM

LittleDragon

LittleDragon's picture

runawaygun762

LittleDragon thank you for vote. Also agree that PSG-1 is fine weapon. Please forgive that LittleDragon is handicap person and often mix Nihongo language with English language, cannot help neh. Neh is Nihongo word that mean, are you with me so far.

5 years 26 weeks ago, 9:46 PM

runawaygun762

runawaygun762's picture

Vice President
LittleDragon

forgiveness is not necessary. I am an asshole, but I am harmless.

"I have always been a soldier. I have known no other life. The calling of arms, I have followed from boyhood. I have never sought another." From The Virtues of War, by Steven Pressfield.
5 years 26 weeks ago, 9:50 PM

uglymech6153

uglymech6153's picture

Major General
runaway

I think a bazooka kicks the rifles ass any day no matter what language you are speaking.

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of th
5 years 26 weeks ago, 10:04 PM

runawaygun762

runawaygun762's picture

Vice President
ugly

The bazooka has a terrible range and very little penetration. I'd take a PSG-1 and KICK YOUR ASS!!!! yeah baby.

5 years 26 weeks ago, 10:11 PM

uglymech6153

uglymech6153's picture

Major General
runaway

first off I would sneak behind you and blow you away from 10 yards out. then I would take a flame thrower to your village NOW YOU'RE TALKIN BIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATCH

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of th
5 years 26 weeks ago, 10:13 PM

runawaygun762

runawaygun762's picture

Vice President
ugly

I don't live in a motorpool so your jackstand, track shoe and dry sweep ghillie suit will not help you. YOU WILL ALL BOW BEFORE RUNAWAYGUN AND HIS 11,000 DOLLAR SNIPER RIFLE!!!!

5 years 26 weeks ago, 10:15 PM

uglymech6153

uglymech6153's picture

Major General
runaway

hmm...interesting I will have to make a new Ghillie suit and perhaps purchase a $300 sniper rifle and call it $13,000 and I will also use...Bullets!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

5 years 26 weeks ago, 10:29 PM

runawaygun762

runawaygun762's picture

Vice President
Ugly, NO!!!

You must not use ammo. That is for me. CURSES!!!

5 years 26 weeks ago, 10:47 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
rifle

I tend to like bolt rifles a little better.... so I would have to vote for the M40A3 if I were using 7.62 because of the short action and the M24 SWS if I wanted to chamber it in .300WM or .338LM because of the long action plus I'm used to the 700 platform.

For a semi auto I would personally prefer a M21 or M25... although I'm sure there are better rifles out now.

Little Dragon, the M110 is a very nice rifle, your brother is lucky to have one.

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
5 years 26 weeks ago, 11:17 AM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
Little Dragon

The first time that I responded to your question, I missed the fact that you were looking for a rifle which served as both a SNIPER and SPOTTER rifle. Obviously, the bolt rifles that I mentioned won't make good spotter rifles. In that case, the M110 and XM110 are very good choices. The SR25 is good as well. I still like the M14 platform though (M21 and M25)

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
5 years 26 weeks ago, 11:57 AM

clintlebo

clintlebo's picture

General
scout sniper

As I am no expert in this subject, I can only give you my opinion. When I hear the word sniper, I immediately think "one shot, one kill". There SHOULD be no reason for a follow up shot. In my experience hunting, a bolt action rifle is superior to a semi auto for accuracy. We are of course talking out of the box, price being comparable. I also know that there are an infintie amount of variables when shooting. Sometimes you can not always predict the conditions to take that "perfect" shot, so a follow up shot is required, or sometimes there is more than one target. A semi auto would be useful in these situations.

I am unfamiliar with the rifle you are asking about. I agree with Reaper about the M14 platfrom. It is a tried and trusted weapon. Perhaps you could post the ballistics and performance of this rifle.

clint

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin & Hobbes)
5 years 26 weeks ago, 4:01 PM

LittleDragon

LittleDragon's picture

Scout Sniper 2

Dear Clint san,

You bring up very question that lead Knight's Armaments to develop M110 SASS and this question they ask self was word like so: can our company develop a semi-automatic rifle with superior accuracy characteristics to any bolt action rifle? And they make answer to this question with this: The M110 SASS. Will post more about ballistic and science behind this rifle after younger brother and self complete article and picture set we are working on to show whole forum the fantastic Singapore fighting system, Bionix II. Watch for it dozo. Promise it be good!

Your friend,

LittleDragon

5 years 26 weeks ago, 3:49 PM

LittleDragon

LittleDragon's picture

First LittleDragon welcome everybody. But second would very much like stay on topic. Reaper308 san make good comments with second posting. Topic is poll on M110 SASS, and would include comments about other rifle in this class. PSG-1 is pretty good rifle, but is not rifle in same class as M110 so is not for this topic. If anyone is so interest in PSG-1 then should start nother topic thread for this rifle, but it not appropriate here.

LittleDragon will try define class better so people understand what discussion is about. M110 SASS from Knight's Armaments is very very special rifle. It serve as multipurpose rifle for following: first it design for medium range high performance sniper rifle chamber for NATO standard round of 7.62mm x 51mm. All rifle discuss here must be so chamber. Next it also serve as most very excellent weapon for sniper spotter, and because is so light in weight it serve third purpose as weapon of designate marksman for standard rifle squad. So to propose weapon to compare to M110 SASS for this topic, please keep to rifle that satisfy all these thing for this define class of weapon system that LittleDragon want discuss here. SR-25 is good example of weapon to discuss here even though it very much shorter range that M110 SASS even so it still count as in class. Also class offerings must be semi-automatic and not bolt action for bolt action make for nother class.

Thanks to all for understanding and hope have explain concept of topic better.

Last thing say is that while all are welcome, and LittleDragon is believer in freedom of speech, will only answer question on topic that is respectfully put and will not answer off topic comment about rifle not count in class as define and will not answer nonsense post that have nothing do with topic and will not answer if person post with mean thing or foul language.

Arigato Goziemasu to you all!

Your friend,

LittleDragon

5 years 26 weeks ago, 4:29 PM

Anonymous

Little Dragon

Did ya say your brother owns the M110 ? What do you like about the M110?

5 years 26 weeks ago, 4:43 PM

LittleDragon

LittleDragon's picture

Snake

hai hai is honto. little brother was make christmas present by father and ojiisan. ojiisan mean grandpa in nihongo language. LittleDragon give 2000 round match grade 7.62mm x 51mm as gift to go with. little brother is expert marksman in age group at gun club and range where family go shoot. ryo is slight handicap person with mild case CP and because of this have shaky hand and trembly finger neh. neh mean are you with me so far. LittleDragon like this rifle because it so very superior to anything in same class. it do job of 3 rifle in one. it have extreme high accuracy and is longer range that any other 7.62 caliber rifle available. with ordinary round it range 800 to 1000 meter with sub 1 MOA, but with match round can reach out to 1200 meter also with sub 1 MOA. is most very excellent rifle. it purpose built to be superior as semi-automatic to even bolt action rifle in accuracy. it purpose built to serve as high performance medium range sniper rifle, but also serve as exellent sniper spotter rifle and is light weight enough to serve as weapon for designate marksman in ordinary rifle squad.

Your friend,

LittleDragon

5 years 26 weeks ago, 5:03 PM

Anonymous

Little Dragon

Sounds like a great rifle. But im ashamed to say I have never shot a M110. I have expirence in shooting sniper rifles but no over long distances. Just regular hit the targets kind of stuff. Only rifles i have shot would be Remington 700, Springfeild '03(Grandfathers WWII Rifle),Barrett .50 Mounted to a table. But to get back to the M110. I would like it if you can post A video of it in action. If you get time post one or two.

Thanks

Solid Snake

5 years 26 weeks ago, 7:59 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
Little Dragon

In your opinion, how do you think the M110 compares to the sniper version of the SCAR-H? The SCAR could serve as a sniper rifle, spotter rifle, and squad rifle as well.

5 years 26 weeks ago, 10:53 AM

LittleDragon

LittleDragon's picture

Reaper308 SCAR system

SCAR family system of weapons are fine rifles and carbines. They very rugged. Ryo understand that this weapons system have been adopt by American Special Forces Command. This rifle system certainly fit into class of M110 SASS. Two main difference between SCAR and M110. The M110 is much longer ranged than even the long barrel SCAR-H which can serve as fine medium range sniper rifle. That SCAR-H have maximum effective range to 800 meter with a good accuracy of about 1 MOA, and is chamber for NATO standard 7.62mm x 51mm round. This make it outstanding weapon neh. Even SCAR-L with long barrel could serve as good designate marksman rifle because of accuracy to 1 MOA at 600 meter, which excellent for weapon chamber with 5.56mm x 45mm NATO standard round especially if use SS109 model of this round and if chamber is ok with extra pressure and so can fire OTM M262 round, then ryo suspect range increase to 700 meter and maybe even sub 1 MOA with such high quality match round at same range. No doubt SCAR family system of weapon are most very excellent weapon. Dozo, consider these to think about M110 SASS, with ordinary round it range to 800 to 1000 meter with guarantee sub 1 MOA at these range, but if fire high quality match round in 7.62mm x 51mm caliber then M110 SASS range to 1200 meter again with sub 1 MOA accuracy. This clearly make M110 longest range 7.62 caliber weapon in class in whole world.
It depend on mission and what you want to do, but seem to Ryo there is good place for both system of Rifles, SCAR and M110 SASS.

Hope this answer question Reaper chan.

Your friend,

LittleDragon

5 years 26 weeks ago, 12:15 PM

charley9toe

charley9toe's picture

Lieutenant General
Getting the shot

A lot of patience and luck have to get together to make 1, shot 1, kill.
What me must consider, which some are oblivious of, is the terrain and response activity after the shot. Animals, humans included may not even know the event occured until they hear the sound (of the bullet or the cartridge). That puts just about everything including the people things into a response mode. Meaning, you better be planning on a good solid defense routine after you've sent one , "over yonder".
The argument of cartridge/platform/capabilities is valid. The user should be the one to decide. After all they are the one's about to lose their a--.

(You have to look behind all of that outer space stuff)
5 years 26 weeks ago, 5:46 PM

LittleDragon

LittleDragon's picture

While this is not on topic, ryo want make answer anyway because charley9toe san, bring up good points for all who have interest in science of sniping and in sniper rifle. Is critical to consider terrain and response from environment and human people as well as animal and bird etc. direct after shot is make. Crap could hit fan so if not in protect and safe place then must have way to escape scene either with speed or stealth or as best would be both. Thank you for compliment about argument of cartridge/platform/capabilities. This critical factor to consider for mission that duty call to do. It do no good to shoot target at 1200 meter with rifle only range to 600 meter neh.
Arigato very much for comments charley9toe san. your comments alway welcome on any topic ryo post neh.

Your friend,

LittleDragon

5 years 26 weeks ago, 6:30 PM

charley9toe

charley9toe's picture

Lieutenant General
Little Dragon

Getting the shot is being "invisible", hit with the hammer of "thor", move with the feet of "Mercury". Then ,it's Miller time!

5 years 26 weeks ago, 11:05 AM

clintlebo

clintlebo's picture

General
SASS?

When I first read this thread, I thought SASS was proprietary to Knights Armament. It turns out DPMS and Armalite also use this moniker. Please explain what this acronym means. It seems to me that this SASS deemed rifle is based off the AR-10. If this is true, is it a matter of swapping out parts to change the rifles, and if this is the case, how can we truely compare the AR-10s from different manufactureres objectively? I was able to find a picture of a target from an owner of a DPMS AR-10, I have included the picture so we can see what their AR-10 does at 1000 yards.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Any clarrification on M110 and what makes it different from the other AR-10 clones would be helpful.

clint

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin & Hobbes)
5 years 26 weeks ago, 1:23 PM

LittleDragon

LittleDragon's picture

Hi Clint san! Very good questions! Will do best to answer. The term SASS is generic so any company can use this. While is true in some way the M110 SASS is base very loosely on the AR 10, so are many many different type rifle.
In 2004, US Army hold competition for rifle to replace older M24 system and so Knight's Armaments, Remington and DPMS Panther enter competition. In late September or early October of 2005, Knight's Armaments win competition and were awarded the contract.
Many many significant difference between Knight's M110 SASS and other AR-10 base design rifles. First is exotic alloy materials used throughout for all, "hard parts", such as triggering mechanism, firing pin, hammer spring etc. and barrel and chamber etc. all make from extreme high tensile strength boroidferrovanadiumnitride. Not be afraid of big word dozo. Will explain. Is is special alloy make mostly from 95 percent match stainless steel with 4.99 percent vanadium, which is precious metal much softer than steel, but when mix with steel can triple hardness of steel, and then add in very tiny amount boron. Boron react with the vanadium and so produce nitrides when barrel is forge in seal container with pure nitrogen gas inside. Boron and nitride go deep into lattice crystal structure. Nitride make lattice bonds much stronger on axis and boron make bonds stronger crossways. So alloy is both extremely hard, on order 4 to 6 time harder than any steel and some little bit lighter about 15 percent lighter than steel, but is also flexible. So you get quality like samurai sword, is both hard and flexible so not shatter if struck hard blow. Is basically fancy form of special tool steel. Was make so rugged so can fire special rounds that give weapon much longer range than AR-10 and clones. One round is special 7.62mm x 51mm the M118LR long range round. Can also fire armor piercing round. M118LR have special mix of powder that make much bigger explosion than normal for chamber of weapon this class and type. So can see need for exotic alloy neh.
Need to replace M24 system mean rifle must be long range enough to stretch idea of medium range in sniper rifle. Knight's M110 SASS with special round can reach out 1200 meter. DPMS Panther Arms and Remington only reach maximum range of 900 to 1000 meter.
Rest of component such as stock and guards and rail mount system etc. all make from light composite material to cut down on weight.
Army very please with 15 pound weight of weapon. Can take stanag mags and have other refinements to AR-10 type weapon such as single ring for scope and sling lugs that swivel and stock is fixed but, buttplate adjustable to individual need by knob that is turn. Many many many other refinements too.
As have say on this topic before, weapon can serve as 3 weapon in one, sniper rifle, spotter rifle and rifle for designate marksman. Is outstanding design and Army find 100 percent superior to other two contestants from Remington and DPMS Panther.
Hope this answer questions.

Your friend,

LittleDragon,

PS father help Ryo do research and also answer questions to help Ryo make answer to you Clint san, but most of work is mine, except for spelling which younger brother also help with too. Also Knight's name for system is SR M110 SASS, but Army shorten to just M110 SASS, but in many way this weapon is part of Knight's SR family of high performance rifles, but remember, this weapon can shoot 300 to 400 meter farther than SR-25. And it have sub 1 MOA accuracy at all ranges, but similar design like Panther you show in picture show quality of accuracy of type of weapon. It just that Knight's M110 is superior to others as prove by competition tests.

5 years 26 weeks ago, 12:54 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
clint

I think its just what our govt armory does to the rifle and then re-names it. I may be wrong. I thought it was similar to the difference between a M40 and a civilian 700P... the M40 is basically a 700 with the govt's own modifications. A well trained shooter could shoot very similarly (is that a word?) with an M40 and their personally modified 700. I maybe wrong and Little drangon can correct me if I am.

5 years 26 weeks ago, 5:37 PM

LittleDragon

LittleDragon's picture

Reaper308 san

Ryo is not sure about M40 and Remington 700P, but as you say and Ryo understand that the governement armory typically modify many rifle for special needs. some of these modifications work so well and catch on that every soldier or Marine who need one can get. But Ryo is not acqaint with M40 and 700P but what you say about is very reasonable. But as for individual forge own barrel of exotic alloy this not likely unless person is wealthy, is machinist and gunsmith, and have high precision high performance lathes and machine tools and many other things needed. Would also need access to some government control substances or other substances extremely rare and expensive. Pure boron not need though. Need so little boron could make with boric acid off of shelf at drug store in theory. Samurai sword is forge using powder boric acid to remove oxygen from metal they forge, but it also have bonding property as describe in post from before.

Your friend,

LittleDragon

5 years 26 weeks ago, 1:11 PM

clintlebo

clintlebo's picture

General
clarifications Reaper

Reaper,
I am going to take what you typed as true, it makes sense to me. So the M110 is an AR-10 made by Knights Armament for the military and later modified by gunsmiths at the armory?
If that chain of events is correct, could an AR-10 made by Colt, DPMS, Reaper, LittleDragon, ebear, or anyone else that follows the same path be considered an M110?

clint

5 years 26 weeks ago, 6:16 PM

LittleDragon

LittleDragon's picture

Clint san, even though Knight's SR M110 SASS is loosely base on "style" of AR 10, it would be wrong to call it an AR 10 clone. Is really different rifle with different capabilities. The special alloy chamber, internal parts and barrel are design to fire M118LR long range NATO standard size round, 7.62mm x 51mm. Secrets are this round use special powder mix that give much bigger pressure inside chamber. Rifle of such caliber not make for this round could be damage beyond repair. Second is while not know about M40, do know about armory modification to M110 SASS. All rifle receive in contract were heavy modify at armory. Have 26 inch barrel and 24 inch barrel is available to military as well. Standard model of this weapon come with only 20 inch barrel. Longer barrel, exotic alloy and special M118LR round make difference.
As for if anyone could make this class of rifle you can call it M110 if want. Patent on AR 10 run out long time ago. Patent only good for 19 sai neh. It like if wanted to make own Space Shuttle and want call it a Space Shuttle. But say come up with superior weapon of type and want sell to military. Most like they give different name than you give. Gomen nasai if answers not good enough. Have just about pick Ryo brains apart neh! :-) is ok. Is right of you come here and Reaper chan and other come here and ask good question. Is why put up topic, to Ryo and others could learn about this most very excellent weapons system. Brother have one and Ryo buy special rounds for to go with his wonderful christmas present. Oh and btw, your friend in picture have demonstrate he most very excellent shot to hit targets with groups like show! He very good since was at range of 1000 meter. With longer barrel of strong alloy, and match round, bet he could make shot at 1200 meter.
Also comment that charley9toe san make is very excellent thing to understand. There is much new technology now for hardening and keeping flexible at same time. Not so long ago, hardening also meant more brittle. Not today. Can make steel super hard and still remain flexible like softer steel. But with metal that react better with boron to make more nitride than what happen when react with steel, such as boroaluminumnitride, can make substance that so hard it like corundum, such as ruby or sapphire or emerald. Yet still remain flexible.
And there are metallic ceramics such as titanium/sapphire or tungsten/emerald that up to 1/7th the weight of steel and up to 8 to 10 time harder than cold hammer match stainless. Part of Chaubum armor for Abrams tank is make from titanium/sapphire crystal ceramic.
BTW Knight's M110 SASS barely have any kick at all. Recoil mostly absorb. This help much to keep aim, and for comfort and balance of shooter.
Recently Rheniumdiboride was discover how to make and it is harder than diamond but only along one axis of crystal. Would refer you to Brinell Scale to learn more about hardness and testing for.

Your friend,

LittleDragon

5 years 26 weeks ago, 2:47 PM

charley9toe

charley9toe's picture

Lieutenant General
Little Dragon

I just wanted to add that the hardening of steel and new steels has come a long way. I have an intense interest in (straight) knives and as I can afford collect some. For a good steel primer look to agrussell.com/Steel_Guide/a/73/. Enjoy

5 years 26 weeks ago, 6:19 PM

LittleDragon

LittleDragon's picture

charlie9toe san

Hai thank your for website offering. Will look into. Ryo like science very much. Science of cryogenics and liquid gases is sort of Ryo main interest but also have very great interest in think like chemistry of making special alloy and hardening steel and other metals. Most very interest in military science and science of weaponry.

Your friend,

LittleDragon

5 years 26 weeks ago, 4:20 PM

clintlebo

clintlebo's picture

General

MK 11 SRS...

From what I have been reading, this has the same characteristics of the M110. The Navy and Marine Corps are using the MK-11 SRS.
Okay, I cheated, it is the same rifle, different supppressor...I confess ;)
I have not been able to find the information you have stated about the range of the M110. The best I can come up with is 1000 yards. Will you share your information source. I am very intrigued by this system.

clint

5 years 26 weeks ago, 8:41 PM

LittleDragon

LittleDragon's picture

Clint san

Did explain about this above. System design, materials use, longer barrel, more powerful M118LR round, now not forget this the new round not the M118 special ball round, but uprate version do away with the M118 special ball and replace with lighter, 173 grain Sierra Matchking bullet, and change to new propellant and now call M118LR for long range. Anecdotal evidense is have seen little brother make number of shots on small car size target at 1200 meter with own eye, and also officially a few time when he shooting and self on duty as Junior Range Master and so have self marked as official. Was laser measure too at exactly 1202 meter. Also science of ballistics will give you range if you look up information given. It all about special alloy in chamber, barrel and other internal parts can take chamber explosive pressure more than 50 percent more normal explosive pressure of standard 7.62 NATO round and is 25 percent more than earlier mark of match round. Is slow/fast type explosion so projectile will grip rifling well and will last long enough to burn off almost 100 percent of propellant mix. Professional hand loader like maybe greasypaws could explain more about same than ryo. Gomen nasai if not sufficient with above post too, so as to answer your question. Ryo trying best. You sometime ask question ryo never consider or not know about and so must go to house library and look up in chemistry book and metalurgy book and physics book and look around on web and as father many question. Dozo bear with little ryo some. Am doing best can and unfortunately it also taking some little time away from working on Bionix II article and new N-LOS article little brother and self working on. Not get wrong dozo ka It very good you ask these question so we both can learn, but dozo bear with ryo so can work on on other projects and still make best answer here. Often short question require much research and longer answer. Respect Clint san very much! Not angry or upset or frustrate. Just want Clint san know am doing best can. Please keep keen interest in this weapon system. It will make difference on battlefield around world for our forces.

Your friend alway,

LittleDragon

5 years 25 weeks ago, 12:27 PM

clintlebo

clintlebo's picture

General
LittleDragon

Sometimes when you do research, you might be asked to list your sources. This is not an attack on your credibility, rather a way for the examiner to use your sources to further their knowledge. I am asking you for your sources so I can read them. It might create or answer questions. I am very skeptical when someone tells me a semi auto action is as accurate as a bolt. I might be old school in my thought, but by interacting with you, and asking questions, I believe I have showed my willingness to put aside my ego and learn something.
I did some research on the projectile you keep mentioning: M118LR.
Here is the link: Http://www.nypost.com/seven/04252009/postopinion/opedcolumnists/100_days...

They were mentioning that the bullet is not a Sierra Match King, rather AMB has made their own bullet based off the SMK. BC still comparrable (.490).
I could find no information that the rifle needed a speacial breech to handle the pressure.

thanks

clint

5 years 26 weeks ago, 6:41 PM

LittleDragon

LittleDragon's picture

Reaper308 san,

Just reminder that bolt action rifle consider different class than for discussion here, but questions so sincere and so well put, ryo do best to answer anyway. In future could please keep to semi automatic weapons of this class for discussions of this topic? Dozo ka Arigato goziemasu!

Your friend,

LittleDragon

5 years 25 weeks ago, 10:01 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
Lil D

Im sorry to change the topic on your thread. I was just using the comparison of the M40 and 700 to explain something to clint. My apologies! Back to semi auto sniper rifles with long range capabilites which can also function as spotter or squad rifles!

5 years 25 weeks ago, 10:22 PM

LittleDragon

LittleDragon's picture

Reaper chan: Lil D

Ryo did say was ok because of question you ask :-) Hope you read answer and stuff I wrote to Clint san and charley san and it for you also.

Your friend alway,

LittleDragon

5 years 25 weeks ago, 12:30 AM

fordvg

fordvg's picture

I was wondening the same thing about the SASS since I know DPMS and Armalite and a couple of other companies that use this name. Thanks for being it up clint and thank you littledragon for you great answer to this ka. Great job and I'm very proud of you my friend.

"WAR IS A RACKET, I spent most of my time being a high-class muscle-man for Big Business, for Wall Street, and for the Bankers." Major-General Smedley Darlington Butler USMC Ret. 2 time Medal of Honor winner.
5 years 25 weeks ago, 11:56 AM

Ironkoji

Ironkoji's picture

Hey you guys are the greatest. First thank you all for befriending my son and myself. Next, the questions you ask are challenging and interesting and I assure you all that my son appreciates it. It helps him to learn and grow and to not be afraid that people often ask difficult questions and are counting on you to answer them to the best of your ability. This helps my son learn how to do good research and even better how to ask good questions. You guys are fantastic. Keep it up and don't worry about upsetting my LittleDragon. Questioning him like this is good for him and this is one grateful father because you take the time and effort to come up with these questions and show your interest in both the topic at hand and in my son.

Your good friend,
Koji

5 years 25 weeks ago, 12:05 PM

charley9toe

charley9toe's picture

Lieutenant General
ironkoji

No strain-No pain. Glad to help (It's all about how many toes you can wiggle in the A.M.).

5 years 25 weeks ago, 12:14 PM

samD

samD's picture

President
Green Valley, Free State of Arizona, United States
charley9toe

Is it diabetes giving you troubles? I am not trying to get nosy but I have Type II diabetes and was curious. So I nned to know what to look out for.
thanks, samD

5 years 25 weeks ago, 12:49 PM

clintlebo

clintlebo's picture

General
Comparrison charts

LittleDragon,
I have found some comparrispon charts that have helped me understand a little better about the M110LR.

http://www.snipercentral.com/308.htm

check it out.

clint

5 years 25 weeks ago, 4:24 PM

dystubenrauch

dystubenrauch's picture

Colonel
cheytac m 400

this is a sweet sniper the Cheytac M400 it fires a .408 bullet.

suport our troops where ever thay are!
5 years 25 weeks ago, 6:29 PM

LittleDragon

LittleDragon's picture

Ryo also have big interest in Chey/Tac system of rifle. Have seen Mack Mackowitz of Military Channel tv show, Future Weapons, make shot with Chey/Tac M200 at 2430 meter! Was magic shot! Was like famous Golden BB shot. Was incredible, beautiful almost poetic thing see master marksman like Mack to make such lovely shot with so very powerful rifle. Unfortunately rifle you mention is or so Ryo believe, a bolt action rifle for long range sniping. So it is not consider here for this topic. It not semi-automatic rifle. It cannot serve as sniper spotter rifle and useless as designate marksman rifle because is much too big and heavy for member of rifle squad to carry by self and support rifle team in forward position on battlefield. Do not mistake Ryo intention here. Ryo understand that Chey/Tac system probably finest long range heavy sniper rifle in whole world. It certainly can outshoot say a Barret M82 .50 caliber in NATO standard round 12.7mm x 99mm. So this rifle is wonderful combat tool and make no mistake about this, but does not fit into class of weapon that is discuss for this topic. However you should contact Ryo best friend on this site and on whole Internet for this matter, fordvg is member name here and he vice president of Gunslot web site. Please feel free contact fordvg because he know much much more about all the Chey/Tac family of outstanding heavy sniper rifle. Maybe you should start own topic thread for this weapon system on the site here and Ryo is sure for certain that many people with much interest in Chey/Tac sniper rifle system would come and comment and make answer to question and show picture and maybe even show video too of this most very excellent sniper rifle system you bring up. Wish you well and feel free to comment on any topic of Ryo.

Your new friend,

LittleDragon

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 693 (1 member and 692 guests)
captmax

Users Active within the last 24 hours
captmax, jay sedler, tallguy007, runverrich, DanO, nobile157, daisycutter, LLE, teko52, Caber, presslerms
Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,655, Comments: 161,097, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity