Forums / Political & Legal / HAPPY 2015 TO EVERYONE

2 years 12 weeks ago, 12:01 PM

LLE

LLE's picture

General
HAPPY 2015 TO EVERYONE

PERHAPS THIS NEW YEAR WILL PROVE JONATHAN GRUBER WRONG---THAT THE PEOPLE OF THE USA ARE NOT STUPID--BUT HAVE BECOME VERY WARY AND SEETHING WITH ANGER AT THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION.

IF NOT--WE ARE ALL IN DEEP SHIT.

Too old to fight, Too old to run, guess that's why I carry a gun! "would someone show this asshole the way out of town".[Rabbi Avram Belinski-aka "The Frisco Kid"]
2 years 12 weeks ago, 12:13 PM

daisycutter

daisycutter's picture

General of the Army

New Year to you.
I got my hip waders out and have my sounding gear ready. We'll see just how mentally deficient Americans can be.
I'll keep on reading R. Emmett Tyrell and Ann Coulter, I've been called ugly names for admitting that. Oh well

iyaoyas
2 years 12 weeks ago, 2:42 PM

LLE

LLE's picture

General

a British King found out it was not a good idea to piss off the people of the "colonies". It is now time for the self-appointed "American King" to learn that lesson, in more modern terms, way beyond the "Tea Party" BS.

Tyrell and Coulter's politics are fine, but my inner diagnostic gut feel is that Annie's overt behavior reflects a pathological [and cunning] persona. She apparently thinks her TV appearances must contain traces of hysteria, in order to get the better part of the audience to believe her. BUT, I believe, such histrionics invalidate her credibility, and conspire to turn the viewers off. I do not believe such appearances help the cause of Conservatism at all. She needs psychotherapy.
On the other hand, I do not understand why anyone [other than liberals] would take you to task for reading Tyrell. He made a very useful contrast between Liberalism and Conservatism, without any name calling----Liberalism=compulsive power driven ideology, versus Conservatism= a useful philosophy.

Too old to fight, Too old to run, guess that's why I carry a gun! "would someone show this asshole the way out of town".[Rabbi Avram Belinski-aka "The Frisco Kid"]
2 years 12 weeks ago, 3:15 PM

daisycutter

daisycutter's picture

General of the Army

liberals. Discussing his work pisses off liberals who would like to do bad things to him for his articles and books on Wm.Clinton.
In her books Ann Coulter speaks huge amounts of truth in very brash terms. I don't have the credentials to diagnose her mental condition, I'll leave that to you.
It's a rare occasion when a liberal criticizes another liberal for being caustic and insensitive.
Coulter gets that all the time from Conservatives. IMHO it is largely showmanship, she has books to sell and lectures to give, controversy does not appear to be hurting the bottom line.
A woman I grew up with from kindergarten ended our friendship 4 years ago when I told her about information in Coulter's book "Mugged". It was not the information, it was not the book it was her frantic, irrational hatred for Coulter. I asked for a specific thing Coulter did that so angered her, she said "She's a bomb thrower!". So much for a rational discussion with a "life long Conservative woman".
Some people like beer and some like wine. I like both, obviously :))

iyaoyas
2 years 12 weeks ago, 1:55 PM

captmax

captmax's picture

General
Happy New Year

I hope everyone has a happy and healthy New Year. Unfortunately, the dumb and/or the unengaged or unaware out number the rest of us.

Each election is an advance auction on the sale of stolen goods
2 years 12 weeks ago, 2:20 PM

daisycutter

daisycutter's picture

General of the Army

Polls say Conservatives out number liberals which should be good news. That's not the whole story.

iyaoyas
2 years 12 weeks ago, 1:57 PM

captmax

captmax's picture

General
2015 Goals

I plan on buying a couple new guns and plenty of ammo, just because it pisses off the liberals.

2 years 12 weeks ago, 2:23 PM

daisycutter

daisycutter's picture

General of the Army

profit on ammunition.

iyaoyas
2 years 12 weeks ago, 2:25 PM

captmax

captmax's picture

General
DC

I see Bush is going to run for sure now that he resigned his board positions. If he gets the nomination, what does it say about the average GOp voter?

2 years 12 weeks ago, 2:29 PM

daisycutter

daisycutter's picture

General of the Army

iyaoyas

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 449 (0 members and 449 guests)

Users Active within the last 24 hours
jf.chandler sr., tallguy007, Larry Wagner, nobile157, LLE
Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,908, Comments: 163,336, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity