have done research into one problem , why the ejected catridges hit my face . its because of bigger ejection ports on glock and hk handguns. the ejection port extends upwards and some rounds are not ejected sideways but upward and backward to the face. what do you think?
plus, i am right handed but my dominant eye is left so gun is right in front of my face so, the probability of ejected catridge hittin my face is higher compared to shooters with right dominant eye.
Currently i am using STOEGER COUGAR 9mm(it is same copy of Brettas COUGAR8000). I have fired nearly 7000 rounds from it without ant problem at all( I consider it as perfect gun except sights are not very good for fast acquistion of target). It has ejection port to the right only and not upwards like glock or hk etc, thatswhy the ejected carteridge never goes upwards and backwars on my face or torso.
Anyways, i want to switch to .45 auto .
1. extreamely reliable and very durable.
2. polygonal barreling and other any features for highest accuracy.
3. ejection port to the right (not extended upwards).
4. decocker and manual safety(with safety on the pin should be blocked and not just the trigger).
5. fast target accquisition sights ( eg 3 dots or glock type sights or straight eight sights, and perferrably night sights to glow in dark).
6. medium or just compact size for concealed carry( but in no way the compactness should compromise the reliability and durability factor. meaning, the size factor can be compromised but not the reliability and long service life factor of the gun).
7. smoothest and lightest trigger pull possible as in my experience trigger pull adds considerably to acccuracy.
8. light weight if possible (but not at the stake of any other traits mentioned above).
9. ejected carteridge should NOT hit my face
10. The gun should not be needed to be cocked for getting locked(meaning the gun should have manual safety, and safety could be activated regardless the hammer is cocked or not unlike cz9mm).
11. lowest possible bore axis for accurate rapid shooting.
your help will be very much appreciated,
my taste is simple , i want the best.
8 years 40 weeks ago, 3:41 AM