Forums / Gun Discussion / H&R Model 188 - .410 Question

2 years 41 weeks ago, 11:18 AM

cbxjeff

cbxjeff's picture

Major General

I'm visiting a pal in Omaha that has this shotgun. There is no S/N, so it's quite old. I want to take this home and refinish the wood for her. Can I legally sent this back to her w/ me having a C&R license? Is the USPS OK? I'll leave the barrel in Omaha since it comes off so easily.
Thanks guys,

It's too late for me, save yourself.
2 years 41 weeks ago, 6:12 PM

jay sedler

jay sedler's picture

Lieutenant General

id just send it to a FFL,and save the anguish of dealing w the legal system later

CRY HAVOC and let slip the dogs of war!
2 years 41 weeks ago, 8:35 PM

tallguy007

tallguy007's picture

Lieutenant General
USP ONLY

To send all your firearms cheaper I love fedex but $$$$$

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR
2 years 41 weeks ago, 6:37 PM

cbxjeff

cbxjeff's picture

Major General
H&R

Thanks for the replies guys. I need to figure out how to remove the furniture. The shoulder stock probably has a bolt inside a deep c'bore & removing the butt plate should show it. The fore stock has no screw on it's bottom. I've never seen that. I can't spend $60. handling + postage on a $100. shotgun. I don't care how good a friend she is! I'll either figure this out or tell her "sorry".

It's too late for me, save yourself.
1 year 17 weeks ago, 7:00 PM

daisycutter

daisycutter's picture

General of the Army
Mailing Shotguns USPS

Wow, I'm late to the party again, dang it! Sending shotguns through the mail, 100% legal and within postal regulations. I mailed my G-kids Remington 1100 to have it refinished in Minn. I packed it but did not seal it so the postal clerk could have a look.
I'm not certain but there's a very good chance she shit her panties. "You can't mail guns!" she said all the while a poster hung within a foot of her face. The poster said "You can mail guns!"
I pointed it out to her. She called another post office to find out if what the poster said was true LOL!!! Yup, it's true. Then it was like slow motion, like she was hoping somehow both the gun and I would go away. Finally she stuck the stamps on the package and away it went :<))
I had printed the postal regulations just in case she refused but ended up not needing it.
Sending through an FFL is expensive and totally unnecessary

iyaoyas

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 733 (0 members and 733 guests)

Users Active within the last 24 hours
LLE, tallguy007, jf.chandler sr., teko52
Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,858, Comments: 163,252, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity