Forums / Introduce Yourself / I911 parts

6 years 37 weeks ago, 6:17 PM

teacher443

teacher443's picture

Private First Class
I911 parts

Hello Everyone , glad to be part of your community, looking forward to many years of friendship on & off line.My present quest is Im trying to locate a dealer who has 1911 commander frams in stock at a reasonable price. Web surfing has resulted in frams being back ordered or discontinued by the big parts carriers. Can anyone out there help with my 1911 build ? I have all the parts except a good fram, the firearm is a springfield champion 70 series 1911 commander. The present fram is so badly damaged it needs to be replaced. this is my first pistol build so I need your help to make it a good one.

Thanks and once agine HELLO To EVERYONE

teacher443
6 years 37 weeks ago, 6:21 PM

samD

samD's picture

President
Green Valley, Free State of Arizona, United States
teacher443

Welcome to gunslot.com.
I am sure someone will come to your rescue here. We have so many 1911 afficiandos. Hope you enjoy the site.
samD

6 years 37 weeks ago, 9:13 PM

ecaman

ecaman's picture

General
Try gunbroker.com

There are LOTS of things for sale on that site. Prices range from really good deals to ridiculous. Also, you might see if Caspian will sell direct to you (or to a dealer you know, if you don't have an FFL). You might try J&G Sales in Prescott, AZ. Greasypaws, on this site, will probably have better leads than I do. LoneWolf is a dealer (Lone Wolf Gun Services), so he can probably fix you up.

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man. (Mark Twain).
6 years 37 weeks ago, 9:33 AM

teacher443

teacher443's picture

Private First Class
Info !

Thanks a lot, looking forward of having a conversation with you agine

teacher443
6 years 37 weeks ago, 12:38 AM

luckybychoice

luckybychoice's picture

Secretary of the Treasury

this guy out?i knew you could!

i tried being reasonable,i didn't like it, NRA LIFE MEMBER,USMC VETERAN
6 years 37 weeks ago, 12:41 AM

Anonymous

caspian

is my recommendation too but i dont have a website for them

6 years 37 weeks ago, 1:48 AM

ecaman

ecaman's picture

General
teacher443

Go on caspianarms.com. You can order a catalog online, & it will have all the options available. The basic carbon steel frames are a couple bucks shy of $200. You could once order them with the plunger tube attached, in case you don't have a setup to stake them yourself (although it's pretty easy). In the eighties I built lots of 1911's using Caspian frames & slides. They're great. I would dress them up different ways; however the customer wanted, or if I was building one to sell at a gun show, I'd make it a combination blue & nickel, or blue & stainless. They sold better than solid blue ones, just for the flash, I guess. I built one (& only one) using an Essex frame, because it was cheaper than a Caspian, but it was kinda junky. The gun worked fine, & was reliable, but I don't know how long it lasted. At that time, there were lots of milsurp parts available for next to nothing, or if necessary new parts were available from many manufacturers, at good prices. The Caspian frames are guaranteed for life (forever), as are their slides.

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man. (Mark Twain).
6 years 7 weeks ago, 1:33 AM

zx12rmike

zx12rmike's picture

President Pro Temp

Oh HELL no, SAMD HEEEEEELP

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home" Thomas Jefferson
6 years 7 weeks ago, 1:56 AM

greg az

greg az's picture

Secretary of Homeland Security

sides that think some of the members sitll need a date for the prom....

a man has to hold his word, hold his beliefs, and hold a good sight picture.

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 490 (0 members and 490 guests)

Users Active within the last 24 hours
teko52, tallguy007, jf.chandler sr.
Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,878, Comments: 163,280, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity