A beaut 2011 Gunslot forum "If you've got one knife" raised a flood of terrific responses - several days after the torrent I pitched in with my tried n'trusty ESEE 5S. I recollect classy votes ranging from all-in-one swiss army-like variants to a good 'ole Black Commando to what sounded more like a mountain proffi's ice hammer...
As the Washington circus lines up to ban or endorse firearms - please reassure me somebody up there has an once of commonsense!!! - I reckon it's time to thrown in your cards "IF WE HAD JUST ONE GUN?"
I've an ex-MP buddy shooting for an AK74 derivative, but for me the cyclic rate of fire is too high - I'm seeing here a kind of Survivalist play - so here's a few weapons I might opt for:
* Our NRA's winning Beretta A400 Xcel Sporting 12 gauge?
* The useful Smith & Wesson 460 XVR with its 14" barrel and that bipod option?
* My Thompson Centre Encore Pro Hunter 270 Win?
* A Sledgehammer MPS AA-12 Assault Combat Shotgun with its 32-round ammo drums?
* Scary scouting dreamland with Sako's TRG-42 .338 Lapua Magnum or their TRG M10 offering?
WHAT DO YOU RECKON?...