Forums / Political & Legal / June 6th, 1944: D-DAY in Europe.....and the meaning of GREAT Leadership

user warning: Table './drupal6_gunslot/gunslot_sessions' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed query: SELECT COUNT(sid) AS count FROM gunslot_sessions WHERE timestamp >= 1496088681 AND uid = 0 in /var/www/drupal6/html/sites/all/modules/forumplus/forumplus.module on line 147.
1 year 51 weeks ago, 11:23 AM

LLE

LLE's picture

General

I was 12 years old-- We knew it was coming, but of course, we did not know when. We knew it was a frightening gambit, and many of the Allied forces would suffer devastating losses. BUT it had to be done, no matter the sacrifice. Let me quote one of our greatest military LEADERS, since George Washington:

"Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary Force|

You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you. In company with our brave Allies and brothers-in -arms ,on other Fronts, you will bring about the destruction of the German war machine, the elimination of Nazi tyranny over the oppressed peoples of Europe, and security for ourselves in a free world.

Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely.

But this is the year 1944| Much has happened since the Nazi triumphs of 1940- 41. The United Nations have inflicted upon the Germans great defeats, in open battle, man-to-man. Our air offensive has seriously reduced their strength in the air and their capacity to wage war on the ground. OUR HOME FRONTS have given us an overwhelming superiority in weapons and munitions of war, and placed at our disposal great reserves of trained fighting men. The tide has turned. The free men of the world are marching together to Victory!

I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty, and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full Victory!

Good Luck! and let us beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking."

signed: Dwight D. Eisenhower

CAN YOU IMAGINE what would have happened, if our leadership announced a policy of "no boots on the ground", in the face of the Nazi Existential Threat?? But OUR leadership has foolishly considered ISIS the "Junior Varsity" [JV's], and all the while, ISIS has rolled over middle east territory, and established a territorial "Caliphate", as enabled by the Barak Hussein Obama, lead from behind policy of transforming the USA into a country of leftist, weak-kneed idiots, who will enable an Islamo-terrorist country to develop NUCLEAR capability against the free world.

Which will it be?---An ISIS Caliphate, who, like the Nazis, murder innocent civilians, not of their muslim faith---or an Iranian Caliphate, sworn to rule the world, by the threat of nuclear power?

WE HAVE PRECIOUS LITTLE TIME TO BEHAVE RATIONALLY, IN THE FACE OF THESE THREATS.
THE CHOICE OF THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE USA IS CRITICAL TO OUR SURVIVAL AS A WORLD LEADER, AND AN EXPONENT OF FREEDOM AND LIBERTY.
PRAY TO THE ALMIGHTY THAT WE GET IT RIGHT------THIS TIME.

Too old to fight, Too old to run, guess that's why I carry a gun! "would someone show this asshole the way out of town".[Rabbi Avram Belinski-aka "The Frisco Kid"]
1 year 51 weeks ago, 12:45 PM

daisycutter

daisycutter's picture

General of the Army

may be would possibly have been arrested and imprisoned if it had been he instead of FDR.
Would Gen. G.S. Patton sit behind his desk and politely say yes sir when obama tells him to stand down or don't shoot 'cause we don't want the muslims become angry?
The NAZIs were nasty bastards but the muslims are 'in your face' nasty, just the kind of folks Patton would have enjoyed sending to allah. In spite of the twisted bullshit in the movie "Patton" the man was not nuts, he was a brilliant leader and with Eisenhower as Supreme Allied Commander won WW2 in Europe, with a little help from the Brits of course.
If only we had a real president the M.E. would not be this big mess. The Kenyan belongs in prison.

iyaoyas
1 year 51 weeks ago, 7:57 PM

LLE

LLE's picture

General

preferably, for the health of this country, as a result of a bill of impeachment passed by the House of Reps, and walked over to the Senate for trial. Once removed from office, as a result of the Senate's finding of his having committed "High Crimes and Misdemeanors", and other violations of Law, he could be subject to trial if indicted by a Federal Grand Jury, for having violated federal statutes.
I do not believe this to be double jeopardy, since the penalty for impeachment is removal from office, but the penalties for violation of Federal Law relates to possible fines and incarceration.

Georgie Patton is probably turning over in his grave, after what we have done to our military establishment on Obama's watch.

Too old to fight, Too old to run, guess that's why I carry a gun! "would someone show this asshole the way out of town".[Rabbi Avram Belinski-aka "The Frisco Kid"]
1 year 51 weeks ago, 6:12 AM

captmax

captmax's picture

General
potus

If he was white, or any other race for that matter. he would have been impeached and removed from office years ago, very few in congress have the balls to do their job.

Each election is an advance auction on the sale of stolen goods
1 year 50 weeks ago, 5:03 PM

daisycutter

daisycutter's picture

General of the Army

Having the balls to commit political suicide for the sake of showing the world they have the balls to commit political suicide is not a brainy move. Regardless of his misbehavior in office he is still a negro, still a democrat, still the suckle mammy to the news media, still the victim of American racism in the view of world opinion and he still sends welfare checks to millions every month.
Other than that, impeaching him would be like shooting fish in a barrel.
I would love nothing more than to see him in Leavenworth doing 20 at hard labor but reality is reality.
Maybe someone will catch him plunging a knife into the chest of a Secret Service agent...

iyaoyas
1 year 50 weeks ago, 8:06 PM

LLE

LLE's picture

General
Daisy

I disagree.
This subject has nothing to do with "having "balls", OR committing "political suicide". What it, in reality, has to do with is--are House Reps (or for that matter Senators) going to breach THEIR oaths of office [as the POTUS has done], and place the existence of their sovereign home country in extreme jeopardy, by suffering or permitting a continued attack on and erosion of, the U. S. Constitution.

IF it is not about fidelity to their oaths of office, then the Congress of the USA has sealed the fate of the Constitution as a fanciful, but useless document, which no longer is the bedrock of the LAW of the land. If that is true, then this country will disintegrate into 50 or more individual "countries", or amalgamations of states, each of which will be forced to cast about, and find new relationships among/between them, AND THE REST OF THE WORLD.[Precisely what our enemies are trying to achieve]

I quote the Oath of Office[capitalization for emphasis]

"I do solemnly SWEAR that I will SUPPORT and DEFEND the Constitution of the United States against ALL ENEMIES foreign AND DOMESTIC; that I will bear TRUE FAITH AND ALLEGIANCE to the same; that I will take this OBLIGATION freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, AND that I will WELL and FAITHFULLY Discharge the DUTIES of the office on which I am about to enter. SO HELP ME GOD.

I took that oath when I became a commissioned officer in the US Army Reserve. That oath had no suspense date, and I believe it is incumbent upon me to meet its requirements, till the day I die.
If congressional Reps and Senators do not feel the same when they are in-office,--IMO, HONOR is dead, and we are all screwed.

1 year 50 weeks ago, 10:58 PM

daisycutter

daisycutter's picture

General of the Army

overflowing with $100 bills in Hawai'i. If we get a real president to replace him the damage will be undone. If we get Clinton that's a different matter.
If between now and inauguration day he orders a military take over of our country you'll see him doing a good impression of Benito Mussolini.

iyaoyas
1 year 50 weeks ago, 2:48 AM

LLE

LLE's picture

General
and hopefully....

he will end up in the same condition as good old Benito.

I do not understand the segue from my observations to yours, above. It sounds like you believe any one of the Republican candidates is guaranteed to have the capability to fix the damage, but Hillary will drive this country into Obama style disintegration.
My gut feel is an attempted military takeover of the country will certainly precipitate Civil War II.

1 year 50 weeks ago, 7:44 AM

daisycutter

daisycutter's picture

General of the Army

United States but of course that is impossible because we are talking about politics and individuals. Getting a real president means a conservative president who can actually sway the constituents to his side of the issues, there are some real turkeys showing up every 4 years who could not order a Big Mac without screwing it up. Being a Republican or calling themselves conservative does not make a man a potential "real president".
What happens or does not happen in government depends on the political winds and how much politicians are willing to bend. I do not believe President Reagan never gave up any of his core values but he had to sway with the political wind. Being rigid and unbendable in politics is how the 'civil war' began, it could have and should have been avoided but the Lincoln administration would not even listen.
The oath of office is what the politician's constituents say it is. You and I believe the oath is absolute, fortunately our careers do not depend on voters deciding if we are right or wrong about that. Our representatives in government have to strike a balance between their personal feelings and losing their job. A good man being an ex-congressman does us little good.
About Mrs. Clinton. Mrs. Clinton is a bought and paid for robot. Money fuels the machine. With the leftist democrat party awash in money I believe she will take us down the path to a fascist nation. I do not believe Mrs. Clinton has core values of her own, it's all about power and the money that comes from it.
I'm sorry if this is a little hard to follow, I have to get some painting done on a rental house before the rain starts.
I'd like to see obama and Clinton go to prison.
Talk with you later :)

iyaoyas
1 year 50 weeks ago, 8:54 AM

gomer

gomer's picture

Major

I am amazed that our stalwart (psychotic?) Vice President uncle Joe B. has not announced his intent to run for office.

1 year 50 weeks ago, 12:01 PM

daisycutter

daisycutter's picture

General of the Army

to go for it it'll be a flaccid non-attempt IMHO

iyaoyas
1 year 50 weeks ago, 12:43 PM

LLE

LLE's picture

General
Regretfully

I am certain the recent death of his son, has traumatized the Veep, but he will recover and be as vocal as ever, even though his pronouncements are difficult to understand. IMO he is not psychotic, but prematurely entering senility, and that makes the Secret Service agents' job of guarding the POTUS, all the more important.

I agree with your analytical posting above, especially regarding Hillary.

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 0 (0 members and guests)

Users Active within the last 24 hours
LLE
Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,909, Comments: 163,338, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity