Forums / Gun Discussion / Just bought a Kimber 1911- good choice? Wanted an American made gun..

5 years 29 weeks ago, 10:13 PM

DEMO

DEMO's picture

Lieutenant General

Hi All- I just bought a Kimber Custom II. Traded an AR-15 upper plus my Rufer 22LR and 400 bucks.
The gun is new and got a Kimber 22LR kit for shooting at the Gun Club indoor range.
I looked at cheaper springfields, Armscorp and Smith wesson. The fred Bauers were out of my leauge.
What do you guys think of Kimber? It was the only one labelled "Made in Yonkers NY, USA". All the others were made in croatia, Brazil, Phillipeans etc.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do
5 years 29 weeks ago, 11:32 PM

ecaman

ecaman's picture

General
You did well

Great quality. Ready to run out of the box. Nothing needs to be done to them but shoot them. Enjoy!

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man. (Mark Twain).
5 years 29 weeks ago, 2:30 AM

Anonymous

enjoy your 45

Kimbers are well made.

5 years 29 weeks ago, 6:04 AM

photobear6

photobear6's picture

Lieutenant General
Great Weapon

Kimbers are a great gun

America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall. If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!
5 years 29 weeks ago, 9:37 AM

runawaygun762

runawaygun762's picture

Vice President
Why ask now?

You already got it, isn't it too late for a consensus? Rather than ask if it's good, go out shoot the damned thing, then let us know if it's good.

"I have always been a soldier. I have known no other life. The calling of arms, I have followed from boyhood. I have never sought another." From The Virtues of War, by Steven Pressfield.
5 years 29 weeks ago, 12:53 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
kimbers

are good, but you may experience a break in period where you'll run across a couple ftf's and fte's. All should be good after a few hundred rounds.

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
5 years 29 weeks ago, 6:45 PM

lottou812

lottou812's picture

Lieutenant Colonel

i had a kimber pro carrey ten II and i love it but i sold it a few years back but now i have a kimber desert warrior i havent shot it yet i got it right when i deployed and i cant wate to get home to shoot it.They are great guns you will not have any problems with it

brian lott
5 years 29 weeks ago, 8:34 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
KIMBERS ARE VERY SWEET

They are the smoothest .45 i've shot.My friend has about 6 of them..Like Reaper says , you may have some jamming in the first couple of rounds but after the break in no propbs!!!! put up a pic!!!

...check... G-AZ
5 years 29 weeks ago, 12:50 PM

runawaygun762

runawaygun762's picture

Vice President
SHUT UP, EBEAR!!!!

You know nothing, you chicken and rice-smelling beaner!! Okay, I meant none of that, but it's been a while since I showed my undying love, devotion, and respect for you (and your back pimples).

"I have always been a soldier. I have known no other life. The calling of arms, I have followed from boyhood. I have never sought another." From The Virtues of War, by Steven Pressfield.
5 years 28 weeks ago, 5:47 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
runawayhomo

what's up.Bitcharoni????thought mabey you were pissed at me or sumptin....

...check... G-AZ
5 years 29 weeks ago, 1:53 PM

Anonymous

Wow....gunslot love.

It fills me with peace.

5 years 28 weeks ago, 4:07 PM

photobear6

photobear6's picture

Lieutenant General

yea I love the love around here like I tell my daughters when I hit you it means I love you so go get daddy his 2x4 lol

America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall. If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!
5 years 28 weeks ago, 4:24 PM

Anonymous

PHOTO!!!!

I missed ya to. Check my new gun forum. Marlin 25n. Please tell me ya know somthing on that subject.

5 years 28 weeks ago, 7:58 PM

photobear6

photobear6's picture

Lieutenant General
Never had one

but I did have a Marlin .22 semi auto loved that gun.

5 years 28 weeks ago, 8:05 PM

Anonymous

Photo

was it a model 60?

5 years 28 weeks ago, 8:08 PM

photobear6

photobear6's picture

Lieutenant General
yes it was

a great /fun weapon

5 years 28 weeks ago, 9:58 PM

runawaygun762

runawaygun762's picture

Vice President

Me an' ebear were starting our normal routine, and you jump in asking us to fill you with our gunslot love. Disgusting, yet strangely provocative. Stay away from me, fag!!! Okay, that was horseshit. Come over here an whip out your snake. What are you doing, I was kidding!!! FAG IN THE SHOWER, FAG IN THE SHOWER!!!!

5 years 28 weeks ago, 10:10 PM

Anonymous

LOL!!

Your a "Funny" guy runs....thats why ebear fantasizes about you. Ebear even has a prison cell for ya! and a shower....WARNING: DONT DROP THE SOAP!!!!

5 years 28 weeks ago, 4:48 AM

runawaygun762

runawaygun762's picture

Vice President
Oh, I'll drop the soap

And I use liquid soap, so it takes longer to pick up

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 800 (0 members and 800 guests)

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,749, Comments: 162,465, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity