Forums / Gun Discussion / kel tec pf9 vs. taurus pt 111 pro

5 years 35 weeks ago, 1:29 PM

mc24

mc24's picture

Lieutenant Colonel

can get kel tec for $320 or taurus pt 111 for $325. which would you guys get between the 2 for conceal carry gun.

5 years 35 weeks ago, 1:40 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
mc24

I'm not a huge fan of either, but between the two, I would probably take the Taurus

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
5 years 35 weeks ago, 1:46 PM

clintlebo

clintlebo's picture

General
mc24

I am assuming you asking the concealed carry question because you are going to rely on the tool to perserve your life. I would ask you, how much is your life worth? I have had a Taurus PT99 and loved it. I traded it and bought an HK. I carry a Glock. I want to make sure the tool I am carrying does what it is supposed to do. If you are sure that you can trust either of these two tools, then the price should not matter. I hope you are not using price as a means to figure what you can afford. But of those two, I agree with Reaper because of the history I have had with the Taurus company.
sorry for the lecture...

clint

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin & Hobbes)
5 years 35 weeks ago, 4:41 PM

uglymech6153

uglymech6153's picture

Major General
life saving

I say save up and get a HK, Glock, Springfield XD(m),or something along those lines. Taurus and Kel Tec I would look at for a possible back up piece.

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of th
5 years 35 weeks ago, 4:52 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
between the two

Taurus hands down!!!!Taurus make a pretty nice gun.

...check... G-AZ
5 years 35 weeks ago, 9:16 PM

bobby glock

bobby glock's picture

Major
glock

i carry a glock 27 every day and fire it at least once a week. it goes bang 100% of the time so far.i trust my glock.

5 years 35 weeks ago, 9:19 PM

uglymech6153

uglymech6153's picture

Major General
Hey bobby

I am glad your glock goes bang 100% of the time. Just point it in the right direction 100% of the time. LOL

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of th
5 years 35 weeks ago, 6:28 PM

bobby glock

bobby glock's picture

Major
target

i know my target and beyond and were my muzzle is pointed 100% of the time.there are no accidents only negligence.

5 years 34 weeks ago, 9:18 PM

runawaygun762

runawaygun762's picture

Vice President
Taurus is the answer

yeah, the "how much is your life worth" is a valid question, but the fact is that if you don't have the money to drop on a Glock (don't overlook used, though), then you get what you can. I have had two Taurus pistols and both were wonderful guns. My PT92 had close to 15,000 rounds through it with two malfunctions I can remember, both of which were simunitions I fired without the adapter. Get the Taurus, feel safe, trade up in the future if you want. You will be fine with a Taurus, don't let the gun snobs convice you otherwise. I'm a Glock guy, it feels great, shoots great, and stands up to my dremel tool like a champ.

"I have always been a soldier. I have known no other life. The calling of arms, I have followed from boyhood. I have never sought another." From The Virtues of War, by Steven Pressfield.
3 years 48 weeks ago, 2:32 AM

Ken80537

Ken80537's picture

Private

I say go for the Taurus especially if it is a new one taurus fire arms do have a long triger pull but they are dead on as far as shooting them go I have had several and I feel that they are a great gun if not better than a H K and yes I would put my Taurus up against any other gun out there and feel very comfortable Keltec has a very rough trigger pull plus if you are a bigger guy then this gun is for sure not for you now if you like all of those features than I say get it but Taurus has alot of safety features that are great if you have kids

3 years 48 weeks ago, 9:43 AM

button5560

button5560's picture

Colonel
taurus

i agree with the taurus. have a couple, pt945, mill. pt140, and i will and do carry either. i also carry smith with pt140 back-up. don't get anybetter than that. get one and get comfortable with it and i think you will like it. i also would like to add that i finally got a glock, but i haven't got used to it yet. it shoots good but is very different. just not comfortable with it yet.

just another day in paradise
3 years 47 weeks ago, 3:53 PM

Cobra6

Cobra6's picture

Major

I prefer a Taurus PT709 Slim - I was going to get a Kel-TEC PF-9, but they are really a handful to shoot.
The PT709 is much smoother than the Kel-TEC, and has three-dot adjustable sights (CTC now even has a laser for it).
It is really nice for summer carry when it is hard to conceal a Glock or a double-stack magazine weapon.

Strong, Proud, and Ugly. If you find yourself in a fair fight, you haven't been trained properly.
3 years 47 weeks ago, 4:42 PM

luckybychoice

luckybychoice's picture

Secretary of the Treasury
trade off

with the single stack PT709 slim is ammo capacity obviously,so do you carry a spare mag? I shot the Taurus slim a few months ago and found it to be pretty comfortable to shoot,good sites,and a pretty good overall feel to it.

i tried being reasonable,i didn't like it, NRA LIFE MEMBER,USMC VETERAN
3 years 47 weeks ago, 1:31 PM

Cobra6

Cobra6's picture

Major
Yes

PT709 is 7 + 1 capacity, so I usually do carry an extra mag - since it is single-stack, it is easy to carry.

The PT 709 is pretty smooth. I tried a Kel-TEC PF-9 and it is a handful.

Strong, Proud, and Ugly. If you find yourself in a fair fight, you haven't been trained properly.

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 1087 (2 members and 1085 guests)
jf.chandler sr., DanH

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,687, Comments: 161,591, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity