Forums / Gun Discussion / Llama Double Stack 1911 .45acp

3 years 35 weeks ago, 11:15 AM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

General

I was just looking at a Llama 1911 double stack 13+1 45 acp. It is in sweet condition with 98% of it's original finish and no scratches, 2 13 round mags also. $350.00

I am wondering if anyone has shot this weapon and or if standard 1911 oarts will fit if anything breaks?

No sir, he fell into that bullet... Never argue with a stupid person. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!
3 years 35 weeks ago, 4:26 AM

Saint J.M. Browning

Saint J.M. Browning's picture

General
ISD

this probably isn't very helpful, since I'm sure you already know. But since the mag well is wider, pretty much anything in that area is not standard. The mags (obviously), mainspring, mag release, etc. The rest I can't say, as I'm not familiar with this brand, but I'd guess barrel, barrel link, guide rod/recoil spring, bushing, slide, hammer, etc. would be standard. Wouldn't see why they would need to change that up.

"I don't think Hank done it this way" - Waylon
3 years 35 weeks ago, 7:50 AM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

General

If it isn't gone next weekend, wifes birthday Sunday so I have to spend on her and not a gun this week.

Damn hard choice to make too... LOL

No sir, he fell into that bullet... Never argue with a stupid person. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!
3 years 35 weeks ago, 7:59 AM

Saint J.M. Browning

General
lol

Yeah, I understand that. Although, sometimes, I want couch time. So I get to act bad and take a vacation in the living room. Win-win. lol
At that price though, I would jump on it. How bad could it be? And if it turns out to be a POS, you can always take it to a gun show. ;)

3 years 35 weeks ago, 11:23 AM

topps217

topps217's picture

Master Sergeant
Lama 1911

any 1911 for $350 i'd jump on even if it turned out to be a P.O.S you could surely get your money back i wish i could come across a gun like that that cheap

3 years 35 weeks ago, 11:32 AM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

General

I spend three or four days a month driving around to different Pawn Shop's. You get to know the guys and send people to them. Something comes in your interested in they give you the bottom dollar price.

Also working at a Range you have all kinds of deals walk through the door. Living in Saint Petersburg we have allot of retired older people. Husbands die who spent their youth fighting in WWII and other wars, wives bring things in. We will not ripe them off or let anyone else ripe them off. But some really good deals do come in.

3 years 35 weeks ago, 2:54 PM

jeffreyd103

jeffreyd103's picture

Staff Sergeant

And FLA is a gun-friendly state, is it not?

Jeffy D.
3 years 35 weeks ago, 3:10 PM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

General
You could say that...

692,621 CCW permit holders.as of January 2010 and I know it is much higher at this time and still climbing.

You can own just about anything with the correct paper work and enough money to purchase it.

So, yeah I guess it is very Gun Friendly compared to some.

3 years 35 weeks ago, 7:53 PM

Saint J.M. Browning

General
Florida

pretty much started the whole CCL wave across the country. There were others before, but when Florida did it and violent crime dropped dramatically, the rest of the country followed.

http://www.gunslot.com/files/gunslot/images/76495.gif

3 years 35 weeks ago, 8:39 AM

LLE

LLE's picture

General

The Company is no longer in business, and therefore, parts may be difficult to impossible to find.

Too old to fight, Too old to run, guess that's why I carry a gun! "would someone show this asshole the way out of town".[Rabbi Avram Belinski-aka "The Frisco Kid"]
3 years 35 weeks ago, 9:00 AM

Saint J.M. Browning

General
ISD, I found

this about Llamas:

The question comes up often, what standard 1911 parts can be used in a Llama or Firestorm pistol. The following is taken directly from the Bersa-Llama (Import Sports) web site. I do not vouch for the accuracy of the information provided.
------------------------------------------------------

COLT 1911 Parts Compatibility List

The following after-market 1911 parts will work on the Llama Max I 45 L/F and C/F, Llama Max II IX-C and IX-D, MiniMax, MiniMax II and MiniMax Sub-Compact; FireStorm 45 Government, Compact and Mini Compact Models (older style Llama IX-A,B):

Barrel Bushing
Guide Rod Assembly
Springs (Recoil, Hammer and Sear)
Trigger
Hammer
Main Spring Housing
Barrel Link and Pin
Bushing Type Compensators
Hammer Strut
Sear and Sear Disconnect
Rear Sight (may require the removal of the firing pin safety - depends on the sight)
Red Dot Sight and Mount (may require ejector and ejector port modifications)
Beavertail Grip Safety (not quite interchangeable, but the standard one can be reshaped to allow for a higher grip)
Magazine (7 and 8 shot Max I C/F,L/F and IX-A,B and FireStorm Gov't/Compact only)

All the above parts require gunsmithing fit and assembly along with the proper double checks for function and safety.

· Pachmayer makes a Signature grip for all Llama Max I C/F,L/F and Llama IX-A,B; FireStorm Gov't,Compact models.
· Chip McCormick extra round magazines can be used in Large, Compact and Officers Frame single stack models

3 years 35 weeks ago, 9:51 AM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

General
Cool beans

I can do the smithing myself soooo.. sounds like a deal...

thanky

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 1160 (0 members and 1160 guests)

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,676, Comments: 161,427, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity