Forums / Gun Discussion / Looking for a 357 Colt Python

5 years 26 weeks ago, 11:55 PM

snoopr1

snoopr1's picture

Corporal

I'm Looking for a Colt Python 357. Can anyone help?

5 years 26 weeks ago, 9:16 PM

Ironmike15

Ironmike15's picture

Brigadier General
Python

Well, it depends on how much you want to spend... There are a bunch of them on gunbroker.com. They are very steep in price. Still, I think I am going to get one myself. They are really a piece of art at the very pinnacle of revolvers. Only reason I have not bought one yet is because I have been trying to get an annaconda too. I guess you and I are just going to have to bite the bullet...to get one..

5 years 26 weeks ago, 9:40 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
yup

I've seen Pythons for about 1200.00 or so.And the 44. mag anaconda for about a grand.Thats why I bought The Rossi. 851. .38 special , cause it looks just like the Diamond Back, AT about half the price.

...check... G-AZ
5 years 26 weeks ago, 10:07 PM

Ironmike15

Ironmike15's picture

Brigadier General
ebear

Can you believe some of the prices for the snub nose versions.. Man! Unbelievable... I have been looking at them for quite awhile. I am looking for a long barrel version of the python. I also see some king cobras and some other snake guns. All of them are quite pricey... I wish I didn't want one... but I do.

5 years 25 weeks ago, 9:29 PM

msalyers69

msalyers69's picture

Corporal

I have a colt my grandfather left me. I was offered 1500 for it from a man at a pond shop, but I would not sell it. I am kinda attached to it for sentimental reasons.I would love to know more about it. It has some black rubber handle with a gold colt emblem on it. The finish looks like stainless steel not really sure.I will be posting pics tomorrow.

I have my grandfathers 357 colt python that he bought brand new about 15 - 20 years ago. It has not been used very much and it is in excellent condition. It has a black hard rubber handle that has a gold emblem of a horse and the words colt.The barrel is
5 years 25 weeks ago, 9:53 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
msalyers69

post those pics, so we can all see. it sounds like a keeper.don't ever sell it to a pawn shop. there are plenty of people on this site that will be willing to buy and or trade for it.if you decide to part with it that is.

...check... G-AZ
5 years 25 weeks ago, 8:47 PM

msalyers69

msalyers69's picture

Corporal

Thank you for that good advice.I am working on my camera right now.I hope to figure it out.LOL

I have my grandfathers 357 colt python that he bought brand new about 15 - 20 years ago. It has not been used very much and it is in excellent condition. It has a black hard rubber handle that has a gold emblem of a horse and the words colt.The barrel is
5 years 26 weeks ago, 10:15 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
Ironmike

I saw one at Gattguns.com under thier used revolvers,I know the feeling, it will haunt you until you buy one. Im jonesing for the XDm 9mm. also, just for shits and giggles now i want to check out a Bond arms Derringer that you can change the barrels for differant calibers. its a two shot revolver, have you heard of it? They're made in Texas.Dude save and get your Colt.

...check... G-AZ
5 years 26 weeks ago, 11:36 PM

Ironmike15

Ironmike15's picture

Brigadier General
Bond Arms

I was holding one the other day at Gander Mountain. It was love at first sight. It is built like a brick. I mean it is really well made. It came with a holster from Bond. That one was in 45 colt and 410 shotgun. They are sweet. I wish you wouldn't have reminded me about that one..... now, what I am to do? I think being able to change the barrels and calibers is too kool. Let me know when you get one.

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 1363 (0 members and 1363 guests)

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,649, Comments: 161,029, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity