Forums / Gun Discussion / Looking for a Mossberg 500 Bull Pup 12 Gauge

6 years 12 weeks ago, 8:11 PM

newscruzer1

newscruzer1's picture

Captain

Hello,
I had bought a Mossberg 500 Bull Pup 12 Gauge new when they were first introduced years ago, and recently made the Big mistake of letting it get away from me.
If anyone knows where I can obtain one, would you please let me know?
This is perhaps one of the very best home defense weapons out there, after racking a round, and someone, after hearing it didn't high tail it in retreat post haste, then they were nothing more than a fool.
Thank you

6 years 12 weeks ago, 9:59 AM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
mossberg bull pup?

a 500 bull pup? im a little skeptical...didn't know they existed. did you mean pump action?

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
5 years 41 weeks ago, 8:27 AM

newscruzer1

newscruzer1's picture

Captain
Bullpup 500 12ga.

They only made them for one years, and yes it is pump action, and only a tad over 18" long.
Great weapon

6 years 12 weeks ago, 2:03 PM

Nutty Basterd

Nutty Basterd's picture

Major General
Bull pup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjALzlRQ1bQ

I was skeptical too reaper but there's a video on youtube
I will keep an eye out though for one, well maybe two, I think I want one lol!

5 years 41 weeks ago, 8:29 AM

newscruzer1

newscruzer1's picture

Captain
Bullpup

If you've ever shot one, you would see why it is such a great home protection weapon.
I was a dummy to let it get away.
Thanks for responding

5 years 2 weeks ago, 3:53 AM

newscruzer1

newscruzer1's picture

Captain
MOSSBERG 500 BULL PUP

Thank you, would greatly appreciate it if you let me know, and i'll do likewise.
best wishes, and thanks again

4 years 40 weeks ago, 4:21 PM

throttle

throttle's picture

Private First Class
bullpup for sale

Hi, I have a Mossberg Bullpup for sale. It is mint condition. A remarkable gun and I agree - the best gun for home defense..if interested please let me know. my email is luke0517@gmail.com

6 years 12 weeks ago, 10:07 AM

skeeter51

skeeter51's picture

Major General
Bull Pup Mossberg

That looks like that would work pretty well for self defense.

"Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies." Thomas Jefferson---------------------------------------------------------- Happiness is a beer in one hand and a gun in the other!
6 years 12 weeks ago, 10:20 AM

sytasyn_syn

sytasyn_syn's picture

General
this it?

I can't watch the video, is this the one?
http://www.gunslot.com/pictures/mossberg-500-bull-pup-12-gauge

Be Kind and Courteous to All That You Meet, But Always Have A Plan to Kill Them -U.S. Marine Corp General-
6 years 12 weeks ago, 10:32 AM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
500 bull pup

yeah, thats it

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
6 years 12 weeks ago, 2:02 PM

craigman9mm

craigman9mm's picture

Brigadier General
500 bull pump

It's a conversion kit that you can by and modifiy your original mossberg.It has been years since i've seen one of those, and i mean a long time. don't know if they are still available. I will search and post info later on the matter if i can.

5 years 2 weeks ago, 3:50 AM

newscruzer1

newscruzer1's picture

Captain

Yes, a muzzle flash could be one, and another could be either a search party, or a locolmotive running you down.

6 years 12 weeks ago, 5:14 PM

craigman9mm

craigman9mm's picture

Brigadier General

I did some digging into the mossberg bull pup shotgun. I stand to correct myself as the shotgun was manufactured as whole by mossberg them selfs. However it is said that they may have out sourced the stock it's self but no claim to it. Mossberg seems to have made these years ago for the law enforcement and the security guard cirlce years ago. They have been discontinued but could not find the exact date. However i did find some web sites that are listing them for sale as used. The first one is.....http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh03-e.htm the other web site i found that had info on the bull pup is.....modern firearms on line....www.gunsamerica.com......and of course in stead of me writing the history and the models of the mossberg go to....www.mossberg-shotguns.com.....this web site has the whole history of the mossberg plus accessories. An alternative to the bull pup would be the new mossberg tactical with door breecher in matt finish..model #54125 tactical cruiser 6 shot 12 ga. 18.5" bbl mat finish pistol grip only. The picture is bad ass. This my be my next purchase. Hope this information helps alot of you guys out ther who is always looking for info on the mossberg. Again check out www.mossberg-shotguns.com

6 years 12 weeks ago, 5:24 PM

Anonymous

mossberg bullpup

with info that i have the bullpup was produced from 1987 to 1990

6 years 8 weeks ago, 10:34 AM

chengadera

chengadera's picture

Private
mossberg bullpup

You can find the schematics and parts to build at http://e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=0840z500%20BULLPUP

6 years 8 weeks ago, 10:58 AM

afourfoothitter

afourfoothitter's picture

Brigadier General
redneckville, north kakalacliki, United States
bullpup

bullpups suck thay have no accuary after 12 yards i would sell you mine but i gave it to my mom for home defence i sure as hell wasnt giving her the spas 12

its better to burn out than fade away
6 years 8 weeks ago, 11:21 AM

craigman9mm

craigman9mm's picture

Brigadier General
bullpup accuarcy

You where probably using the wrong buckshot load. Some loads are tighter than others. I use a load that will hit out to 30 yards or better holding a very tight pattern.

5 years 41 weeks ago, 1:29 AM

newscruzer1

newscruzer1's picture

Captain

Still seeking a replacement for my Mossberg 500 Bullpup shotgun 12ga,
if there is anyone out there who has a lead on one, please contact me at
newscruzer1@gmail.com
Thank you, and best wishes

P.S.
I heard and read where some believe that the Bull pup is perhaps not the best home defense weapon, if someone could give me some insight on what they feel is a better one, let me know.
I like the idea of the short barral with a pistol grip.

5 years 41 weeks ago, 1:51 PM

Gunnin88

Gunnin88's picture

Major General
umm

Did you read what people wrote above? They are avaliable on a couple sites and there is also a suggestion for the new tacticle Mossberg.

01*20*2013 Obamas last day!
5 years 41 weeks ago, 10:40 PM

runawaygun762

runawaygun762's picture

Vice President
Bullpup sucks

The height of the sight line above the bore makes it a ridiculous gun for close-up use. Terrible

"I have always been a soldier. I have known no other life. The calling of arms, I have followed from boyhood. I have never sought another." From The Virtues of War, by Steven Pressfield.
5 years 1 week ago, 8:07 PM

cracker

cracker's picture

Sergeant First Class
bullpup

i have a mossberg bullpup i would be willing to sell or trade its in great shape i just dont shoot it any more and as for one of the posts saying they are not acuate the is a load when i fist got it i would sit on my front porch and shoot pweety birds flying over all day it not the gun but the marksman

5 years 1 week ago, 6:33 AM

runawaygun762

runawaygun762's picture

Vice President
Calling BS, cracker

Why would you sit on your porch and shoot birds flying over all day? With a bullpup shotgun? If you wanna sell it, just list the gun and condition. Don't try to be a salesman. Unless of course you have a video. Then I'll shut my stupid piehole and go back to my corner.

"I have always been a soldier. I have known no other life. The calling of arms, I have followed from boyhood. I have never sought another." From The Virtues of War, by Steven Pressfield.
5 years 1 week ago, 8:33 PM

cracker

cracker's picture

Sergeant First Class

ok settle down its a figger of speach it wasnt realy (all day) but i did shoot a lot of tweetes when you are young and live in the middle of no were you find something to do it was the only shotgun i had at the time ok chill

5 years 1 week ago, 8:35 PM

runawaygun762

runawaygun762's picture

Vice President

I am calm. You should see me when I'm hot. Ooh, what movie is that line from? Anyone? Anyone? Dumbass movie.

5 years 1 week ago, 8:37 PM

zx12rmike

zx12rmike's picture

President Pro Temp

You got me, too many dumbass movies out there, which?

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home" Thomas Jefferson
5 years 1 day ago, 3:12 PM

runawaygun762

runawaygun762's picture

Vice President
Navy Seals

Charlie Sheen says it in the middle of a firefight. Dumb, dumb movie.

5 years 1 day ago, 3:21 PM

greg az

greg az's picture

Secretary of Homeland Security

Rented it, sat half way thru it before i could take anymore.. hey thats a good catagory for a post.. Best or worse movie about our military..

a man has to hold his word, hold his beliefs, and hold a good sight picture.
5 years 1 day ago, 3:47 PM

runawaygun762

runawaygun762's picture

Vice President

Dunno what the worst would be. There are an awful lot of stinkers out there.

5 years 11 hours ago, 1:46 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
worst

born on the 4th of july... just pisses me off

5 years 9 hours ago, 3:58 PM

runawaygun762

runawaygun762's picture

Vice President
Good choice, Raper

Casualties of War really sucked. Other movies like Sniper 2 and 3 were really bad, but I don't really count them as war flicks.

5 years 9 hours ago, 4:12 PM

23 - 12 Bravo

23 - 12 Bravo's picture

Major General
Platoon.

Platoon was just a really depressing movie to me. I watched it a few times and it always left me feeling very sad. I dont know, maybe it was a pretty realistic depiction of just how fucked up the 'Nam was? Maybe a true depiction of the Vietnam conflict could never leave someone feeling good over it anyways? Everything about it seemed so completely alien and futile. Maybe thats the way it was. Maybe it was just too real.

There's no reason to be the richest man in the cemetery. You can't do any business from there. -Colonel Sanders
5 years 9 hours ago, 4:17 PM

runawaygun762

runawaygun762's picture

Vice President
I liked Platoon

War movies that don't have happy endings are good ones. I HATE HATE HATE Charlie Sheen. One of the worst actors of all time. I liked Tom Berenger's character.

5 years 8 hours ago, 4:32 PM

23 - 12 Bravo

23 - 12 Bravo's picture

Major General
Tom Berenger

I did like the one scene where he told them, I AM REALITY! hahaha that always got me.
Yeah I hear what your saying, if I was looking for a story about 'Nam with a happy ending thats just barking up the wrong tree.

Apocalypse Now. I really liked that one. I really liked Robert Duvall as Colonel Kurtz. That movie left some room for comic relief. There were alot of memorable scenes in it. As for being an accurate depiction of 'Nam? Probably more of a mixture of fantasy wrapped around pieces of several stories with a most likely outlandish scheme for a plot, but then as I was never there Im only guessing anyways. Regardless it was entertaining in my book.

There's no reason to be the richest man in the cemetery. You can't do any business from there. -Colonel Sanders
5 years 8 hours ago, 4:39 PM

daisycutter

daisycutter's picture

General

was pushed a little too far but still entertaining. Apocolypse was also entertaining but for a good VN story, they all lack. It's tough to really portray what it's like on film, even news reels are phony because of how they are edited for max blood.

iyaoyas
5 years 8 hours ago, 5:11 PM

ivantank

ivantank's picture

General
jOHN wAYNE, anybody..?

GREEN BERET

I have reasons for the things I do, just don't expect them to be reasonable
5 years 8 hours ago, 5:16 PM

zx12rmike

zx12rmike's picture

President Pro Temp
Ohh Yea my

Ohh Yea my favorite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 years 44 weeks ago, 5:27 PM

CharlesW

CharlesW's picture

General
Live in the wilderness, Republic of Texas, United States
Full Metal Jacket

The Killing Fields

A little rebellion is good medicine for the government Thomas Jefferson
5 years 7 hours ago, 5:27 PM

Shakleford

Shakleford's picture

General
We Were Soldiers

was pretty good,and Saving Private Ryan

"Two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red the white the blue.The other ones got a rattlesnake with a simple statement made, Don’t Tread On Me is what it says"
5 years 7 hours ago, 5:38 PM

zx12rmike

zx12rmike's picture

President Pro Temp

You are right, Saving Private Ryan is good. My wife couldn't watch it. I have a hard time watching movies about WWII that have real footage in them. I just can't imagine the thoughts of those boys running out into buzz saw fire in their faces. I don't understand, I really DON'T understand the tactic of sending them up the beach like that. It makes me cry, can't help it.

5 years 7 hours ago, 5:32 PM

ivantank

ivantank's picture

General

Band of Brothers.....but the book was good too

I have reasons for the things I do, just don't expect them to be reasonable
4 years 44 weeks ago, 5:22 PM

buckgodwin

buckgodwin's picture

Private First Class
Mossberg Bullpup

newscruzer1 wrote:
Hello,
I had bought a Mossberg 500 Bull Pup 12 Gauge new when they were first introduced years ago, and recently made the Big mistake of letting it get away from me.
If anyone knows where I can obtain one, would you please let me know?
This is perhaps one of the very best home defense weapons out there, after racking a round, and someone, after hearing it didn't high tail it in retreat post haste, then they were nothing more than a fool.
Thank you

I have one that was purchased from a Mossberg distributor on the first release.Ser# KO42859; the carrying handle broke at the rear corners and has been epoxed back, needs to be sanded down and touched up w/ paint, otherwise it is in very good condition. I have fired it less than 50 times and it has been in my gun cabinet for the past 20 years w/o being fired.

4 years 44 weeks ago, 5:24 PM

buckgodwin

buckgodwin's picture

Private First Class
Bullpup

I have one that was purchased from a Mossberg distributor on the first release.Ser# KO42859; the carrying handle broke at the rear corners and has been epoxed back, needs to be sanded down and touched up w/ paint, otherwise it is in very good condition. I have fired it less than 50 times and it has been in my gun cabinet for the past 20 years w/o being fired.

4 years 44 weeks ago, 5:55 PM

zx12rmike

zx12rmike's picture

President Pro Temp

Welcome to the site! Why haven't you taken it out?

4 years 44 weeks ago, 5:31 PM

Vaquero

Vaquero's picture

General of the Army
Sargent York

I know... corny ass old hollywood, but its a damn good story.
And mostly true.

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!
4 years 6 days ago, 10:35 AM

GxiiHATERiixG

GxiiHATERiixG's picture

Corporal
bullpup

i have a bullpup if anyone is interested in seeing it just hit me up and i will upload some pics.

4 years 6 days ago, 11:38 AM

Snake

Snake's picture

Lieutenant General
GxiiHATERiixG

Im sure all of us would like to see it my friend. This is a gun site so share any and all guns you want.

Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.-Ronald Reagan
4 years 6 days ago, 7:51 PM

GxiiHATERiixG

GxiiHATERiixG's picture

Corporal
bull pup 500

http://www.gunslot.com/node/38941/image

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 927 (0 members and 927 guests)

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,690, Comments: 161,649, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity