Forums / Gun Discussion / M1895 Nagant Revolver 7.62x38R

4 years 14 weeks ago, 9:56 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense

Only $100 at AIM if anyone is intrested. This lot is "excellent condition" but I think they'll hand pick for an extra $10. Factory privi ammo can be had for around $.50/round
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F3Nagant

They also have some matching number Spreewerke P38's
http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=524&name=WWII+German+P38+...

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
4 years 14 weeks ago, 10:17 PM

greg az

greg az's picture

Secretary of Homeland Security

J&G guns.. web and Prescott....They have the cover of SGN.. Taurus 82's.. (smith K) 149.. 139 for 5 or more.. these are ex MIL/LE trade in, cool as they have lanyard loop on bottom.. 38sp..GOOD buy.

Not sure but i think that nagant is the one that has the unusual cyl lock up, that when in battery the cyl goes fwd and eliminates bbl/cyl gap.. Also if it's the one im thinking of i've always heard you can use 32 smith ammo in it.. doesn't make since i know with 762, and all.. but stranger things for sure.. If so it's a lot cheaper than the redland stuff.. I'd spend the extra 50 and go for the 82..

a man has to hold his word, hold his beliefs, and hold a good sight picture.
4 years 14 weeks ago, 10:34 PM

Saint J.M. Browning

Saint J.M. Browning's picture

General
Reap

I might be interested in the p38s. Those are Walther, right?

"I don't think Hank done it this way" - Waylon
4 years 14 weeks ago, 9:36 AM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
SJMB

Walther designed the P38 but this particular batch was produced by Spreewerke

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
4 years 14 weeks ago, 1:00 PM

bad landing47

bad landing47's picture

Colonel
Nagant pistol

Want one of those. Guess you could call it a 7 shooter. Cylinder moves forward to push the shell casing into the barrel to make a seal. Could maybe make a silenced revolver out of one of these. When this pistol was designed they thought that sealing the cylinder to barrel gap would boost the performance of the cartridge but it made little difference

4 years 14 weeks ago, 4:10 PM

greg az

greg az's picture

Secretary of Homeland Security

Reap.. Sorry, I had my dates wrong on the Wickenburg show.. it's this coming weekend. Moved from scheduled due to the Rodeo.. and those who were slower (aahmm) didn't get the word...Also, J&G has a good price on fact ammo for the 1895, for 50 rounds of "designed" ammo is 29.92 , or if you have an extra 490 on you you can have 1000 rounds for 24.50 per 50.. In either event they also have the same 1895 for 100.. They are charging 20 as opposed to 10 for hand select, but at least better on the ammo..

Badlanding.. Yep the idea was to have the cylinder slide forward when the piece was in battery. It's an intriguing design but has a couple draw backs..The bullet design was a wad cutter type that didn't extend past the shell casing. the 98 gr FPG.. Plus it leads to a lot of complexity in the lock works.. If you know about the piece im betting you know that.. Makes since, but i've never heard about it causing a lot of problems either.. I've heard that the S&W .32 both L and S chamber fire and extract with out problems.. You have any info on that..

I find it interesting that the Nagant design followed the the other major Russian mfg Tokarev in pursuing a smaller round at high speed.. that was the point of the Nagants close up of bbl/cyl gap, and long cartridge..Same with the Tokarev.. that little 7.62 by 25 bottle neck cartridge is a screamer.. it's that old weight velocity energy thing.

a man has to hold his word, hold his beliefs, and hold a good sight picture.
4 years 12 weeks ago, 11:15 AM

MattyTheJet

MattyTheJet's picture

Lieutenant General
Interesting

Might be something I have to have a look at. I'm about to purchase one of the Nagant rifles from a local gun shop and I would be interested in having the pistol to match it. Is this sale still on?

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 893 (0 members and 893 guests)

Users Active within the last 24 hours
tallguy007, jf.chandler sr., teko52, daisycutter, LLE
Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,863, Comments: 163,273, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity