HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Change you can truly believe in comes from the barrel of a gun---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ron Paul 2012----Vote the bastards out!---------------------------------
4 years 4 weeks ago, 5:19 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State

our sister site http://www.harleylot.com/ ? I found it when I was poking around into who the management is around here back when I first joined, I believe Pkato is a member there.

Change you can truly believe in comes from the barrel of a gun---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ron Paul 2012----Vote the bastards out!---------------------------------
4 years 4 weeks ago, 5:37 PM

luckybychoice

luckybychoice's picture

Secretary of the Treasury
no

I'll have to check it out,thanks.

i tried being reasonable,i didn't like it, NRA LIFE MEMBER,USMC VETERAN
4 years 4 weeks ago, 5:21 PM

hillbilly77

hillbilly77's picture

Lieutenant General
All I can say is.....

Holy shit where is the barbeque.

“If ever time should come,when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of it's experienced Patriots to prevent it's ruin."Samuel Adams
4 years 4 weeks ago, 5:27 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State
Ha ha hillbilly,

"you kill 'em we grill 'em" The road kill cafe.

4 years 4 weeks ago, 7:20 PM

hillbilly77

hillbilly77's picture

Lieutenant General
Hell Hamp

Why not it is already loaded in the car and it has been tenderized. I have eaten my fair share of road kill, guilty as charged.

“If ever time should come,when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of it's experienced Patriots to prevent it's ruin."Samuel Adams
4 years 4 weeks ago, 6:02 PM

greg az

greg az's picture

Secretary of Homeland Security

Whats the story on it, anybody been there.. feel sorta like a traitor going to any other site, but if its about old Harleys and serious i might have to take a look at it..

Hamp do they have a skipper like our Sam or what.

a man has to hold his word, hold his beliefs, and hold a good sight picture.
4 years 4 weeks ago, 6:09 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State

I am not a Harley enthusiast (I like 'em but I don't own one) so I just poked around a bit but didn't join. It looks like a bit of a DUD compared to Gunslot, I guess that the 'if you build it they will come' theory doesn't work for websites

4 years 4 weeks ago, 12:22 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
harleylot

isn't fully built out or managed

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
4 years 4 weeks ago, 12:27 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State
You can tell Reaper

it is like a ghost town and it has a feeling of not being complete. It looks like it may have been abandoned by marv/quin since it hasn't really changed since January, at least not that I can see.

4 years 4 weeks ago, 12:36 PM

Schuyler

Schuyler's picture

General
Bainbridge Island, Washington, United States

I think that these sites, including gunslot, are not the profit centers they may have originally envisioned. I suspect that Marvquin is concentrating on other endeavors. I also think that gunslot was an 'accidental success' in that it has become somewhat popular and, as Quinton has said, pays for itself via the click thru ads. But it's not exactly paying the rent and food, so I'm grateful they have kept it up for all us malcontents.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
4 years 4 weeks ago, 2:42 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State
Me too Shuyler,

Gunslot has a very professional feel to it compared to web sites that are powered by v Bulletin or phpBB. I spend a little time on some of the Subaru sites that use them and they seem complicated and user unfriendly, that and I can only stand so much of know it all 20 somethings...lol

4 years 4 weeks ago, 2:38 PM

greg az

greg az's picture

An odd thing has happened here.. i really think the majority of the sites success, and our pleasure is do to Sam.. He guides so much of what the site is about thru both volume, and type of posts, yet manages at the same time to stay (pretty much, and just right) off screen to allow the site to "feel" like its ours..

The other odd thing is how our combined personalities seem to draw the right sorta person, could be they feel sorry for us, as much as appreciation, (lol) but for what ever reason it works.. i know when i first came here there was a core group of 15 or so.. We sure seem to have a low attrition rate, and when we do get a new "regular" they always fit right in and seem to bring something to the site.. One of those combined good qualities thing..

Yep we got lucky, and i look forward as im guessing you guys do to coming on, reading the posts and comments, talking with my bud's and then stepping back into the archives..

A quick aside, i don't think we give Reap, Greasy or Hamp enough credit for keeping the site clean or contributions.. I don't see any reason to jump into a group hug.. But I'm betting all the regulars feel the same way about that.. Thanks..

4 years 4 weeks ago, 2:42 PM

samD

samD's picture

President
Green Valley, Free State of Arizona, United States

I just wander around the internet and if I see something, funny, interesting or just nice tits, I steal it and put it on here.
But I would like to say, "Closed for thread veer, insults, wallowing in the bar-ditch beside the Low Road, and attempted homicide of a Moderator by way of coronary aneurysm."

4 years 4 weeks ago, 2:58 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State

to the overall direction of the site. Gunslot is fun, you don't get jumped on by a pack of wolves when you veer off topic.....Hey, has any thread here ever stayed on topic? (shrug). Take this thread for instance, we started off with pictures of dead meeses...er...mooses...eh....mooseies....aww fuck it moose and now look where it has meandered.

Shucks greg I am just like that little nark kid that used to live down the street, I just slink around here all day looking for obscenities for sam,reap and GP to zap, especially that shooter9 character, he is always posting snatches left and right.

4 years 4 weeks ago, 3:12 PM

ecaman

ecaman's picture

General
Greg

I agree with your comment. We have (mostly) a great group of people on here, who support one another and greatly enjoy each other's company. From time to time there have been assholes on the site (nobody needs to be reminded of just who they were), but most have left after near unanimous rejection by the majority. Let's all fervently hope that the owners of the site continue to keep it up and running. They deserve our gratitude, and I'm sure that they have it.

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man. (Mark Twain).
4 years 4 weeks ago, 3:17 PM

greg az

greg az's picture

DIdn't see ya till just now Vaq... see you stayed out of jail today...proud of ya son..braaahhhaaa

Bob, check my comment to ranger 814.. not about the post so much as the COP pistol..

4 years 4 weeks ago, 3:21 PM

manu2014

manu2014's picture

Lieutenant General
Good Lord Hamp

You forgot "mosses" and it is "narc". I do like "meeses".

Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. Thoreau
4 years 4 weeks ago, 3:38 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State

Heaven sakes..lol

4 years 4 weeks ago, 3:27 PM

ecaman

ecaman's picture

General
Nark/narc?

I thought he should have said "snark".

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man. (Mark Twain).
4 years 4 weeks ago, 3:32 PM

manu2014

manu2014's picture

Lieutenant General
Snarky

he was being quite snarky. Shooter9 has been slack lately as well as TLG.

Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. Thoreau
4 years 4 weeks ago, 3:34 PM

HampsterW

HampsterW's picture

Secretary of State
No Bob, I do not

"snark" you off for posting pussies, I "narc" you off for posting pussies...lol

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 606 (0 members and 606 guests)

Users Active within the last 24 hours
captmax, Caber, nobile157, tallguy007, jpdental, presslerms, teko52, gunslingercharlie, LLE
Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,654, Comments: 161,088, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity