Forums / Political & Legal / MEMORIAL DAY--2013

1 year 9 weeks ago, 3:53 PM

LLE

LLE's picture

General
MEMORIAL DAY--2013

There are many things I remember--from WWII to Benghazi, and then, almost daily federal government surprise packages of creeping tyranny. The contrast between what all of those wartime heroes did for our country, and what Obama's oligarchy is TRYING to do to our country could not be more stark. BUT this leftist oligarchy, masquerading as the Executive Branch, is starting to look like the "gang that couldn't shoot straight". They are so inept, that their prevarications and out and out lies would be hilarious, if they were not so catastrophically criminal and seditious.

The phrase--"some gave all and all gave some" to keep us free, must always be remembered. BUT we must all remember also--WE cannot and must not allow their sacrifices to be wasted by a corrupt Executive Branch, led by a POTUS who has no scruples, indeed, because he has no conscience. He has many masks, and he selects which one to wear, when trying to have his way. His objective-----to become the sub-rosa king of the USA, without most of us realizing how cleverly he is doing it!!

I WILL NEVER FORGET WHAT MY COUNTRY HAS DONE FOR ME, AND I WILL FIGHT TO THE DEATH TO KEEP MY COUNTRY SAFE FROM TREACHEROUS, INEPT FEDERAL GOVERNMENT FOOLS, SUCH AS WE ARE FACING ON THIS MEMORIAL DAY.

Too old to fight, Too old to run, guess that's why I carry a gun! "would someone show this asshole the way out of town".[Rabbi Avram Belinski-aka "The Frisco Kid"]
1 year 9 weeks ago, 4:21 PM

captmax

captmax's picture

General
Well Put

We have to get term limits first, then vote the bums out.

Each election is an advance auction on the sale of stolen goods
1 year 8 weeks ago, 11:59 AM

LLE

LLE's picture

General

but nobody does anything to make it happen.

First things first: The world's most powerful CON MAN, must be impeached** under Article I, Section 2 and Article II, Section 4 of the US constitution. THIS MEANS the members of the HOUSE of REPRESENTATIVES have to cinch up their jock straps/bras, and DO THEIR DUTY.

**[ There is more than enough evidence of POTUS high crimes and misdemeanors, especially comparing the record with the Nixon and Clinton case analyses, by their respective House of Reps.]

But there seems to be great reluctance to even TALK about impeachment. Even Republicans don't want to talk about it!! John McCain talks about it as though the world might come to an end. If we can't get the Republican-led House to consider impeachment [their duty], how would we even get started on TERM LIMITS?? The Fox is guarding the Hen house.

Too old to fight, Too old to run, guess that's why I carry a gun! "would someone show this asshole the way out of town".[Rabbi Avram Belinski-aka "The Frisco Kid"]
1 year 8 weeks ago, 5:02 AM

captmax

captmax's picture

General
Term Limits

I was not enthused when the current speaker of the house took over. Of course he was better than the last one, but most anyone would have been, I knew then, that not much was going to change and that we needed a viable 3rd party.

1 year 8 weeks ago, 12:09 PM

LLE

LLE's picture

General
AMEN--Max

And for the first time, I am beginning to believe it may be possible. If we could get people like Dr. Ben Carson, Sen. Lindsay Graham and several well heeled mavericks like [gulp] Donald Trump, Ruppert Murdoch and Roger Ailes together and talking, I think something good could come from it.

I think, also before the next four years are over, the great US middle class is going to be ready.

1 year 8 weeks ago, 1:15 PM

captmax

captmax's picture

General
Middle Class

I thought they would have been smarter than that last election, but I was wrong.

1 year 8 weeks ago, 7:06 PM

coppertop

coppertop's picture

Major General
People have allowed

People have allowed themselves to get hooked on the easy path. Conservatives and libertarians are selling personal responsibility and that is the hard path. It's a losing battle to try and convince someone to give up what they are getting for free. People used to pride themselves on what they were able to accomplish as an individual. Today, people brag about what they can get. I'm painting with a wide brush but this is a general statement. This is human nature to find the path of least resistance. I have also posted about the need for term limits, however, the current crop of politicians will never kill the golden goose. To bring this type of change will have to start in the states. However, this would be opposed by both parties. Term limits are just treating the symptom and not the real problem. The real problem is that the good people don't want to get into politics. The few who do try are corrupted or run off. Maybe I'm just pissed off and need to turn off the news.

1 year 8 weeks ago, 8:10 PM

captmax

captmax's picture

General
It May Be too Late

Those that vote for a living, now out number those of us who work for a living. Do you read many books copper top? The greatest book I ever read besides the bible is a book called Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. It was written a long time ago is even more relevant today.

1 year 8 weeks ago, 8:51 PM

coppertop

coppertop's picture

Major General

The last really good book that I read was by Thomas Ricks called "The Generals". He showcases the decline in the quality of Generalship sense WWII. Even though I was in the Navy, I found the book interesting. The decline of the the quality of the generals I feel follows the same decline in our society. I never read atlas shrugged but did see the movie. I do feel that we have a free rider problem, but that problem is on both the top and bottom. That leaves the middle being squished. All forms of welfare needs to go away. The free market needs to be allowed to pick the winners and losers. What we have now, I'm not rich enough to buy the right and too honest for the left to care.

1 year 8 weeks ago, 5:12 PM

captmax

captmax's picture

General
Generals

Will check out that book, I have about 8 books on tap to read already. I read quite a bit, so I should get to it by the end of summer.

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 1075 (2 members and 1073 guests)
tallguy007, jf.chandler sr.

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,642, Comments: 160,894, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity