After all of the ball busting that I've dished out to people who load their AK's up with crapco plastic, I've decided to join in on the destruction. My objective is to try to make the AK more user friendly/combat effective while keeping the cost down as much as possible and without compromising its inherent reliability.
I ordered the rifle last week, it should arrive shortly.
First thing I'm going to run through the parts to make sure everything is looking good, and replace anything that looks a little sketchy. I plan to change out the stock, which may come with its own set of complications. This receiver's tang is a little different than traditional receivers and may require a little creative workmanship with the dremel. I've already bought a new US palm grip and a FSC47 that I'm going to throw on the end. I think this model already has a G2 trigger, if not, I will be installing one. I'm contemplating adding a Midwest rail like I have on the draco. US palm makes a hybrid of the MWI rail with a low pro T1 mount for a good co witness. I'm not sure how much I'm going to do to it yet. I will have to find a balance between efficiency and cost. I will update this when I have more info.
"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
5 years 15 weeks ago, 3:24 PM