Forums / Gun Discussion / moosberg 500 trigger housings

4 years 26 weeks ago, 8:14 PM

craigman9mm

craigman9mm's picture

Brigadier General

to all you newbe's who keep emailing me about trigger housing of the mossberg 500. when the 500 is dissasembled, there is now need to take apart the trigger housing to clean. leave it entact, to clean just spray out with break free gun blast. the stuff is great. smells good too. never dissasemble the 500 trigger housing unless u are replacing a broken part, which really never happens anyway,. or you are a gunsmith. the housing consists of pins & springs and if not properly assembled right u are going to have problems. AGAIN RULE OF THUMB OF THE MOSSBERG 500, NEVER,NEVER, DISSASEMBLE THE TRIGGER HOUSING. IT MAY BE REMOVED FROM THE RECEIVER TO CLEAN AN INSPECT, BUT NOT TO TAKE FULLY APART. EXPERIENCED OR NOT, LEAVE IT ALONE.

4 years 26 weeks ago, 8:17 PM

craigman9mm

craigman9mm's picture

Brigadier General

JUST POSTED A FORUM ON THE MODEL 500 MOSSBERG ABOUT TRIGGER HOUSINGS BEING DISSASEMBLED. ADVISE TO SOME OF YOU NEWER GUYS NEVER DISSASEMBLE 500'S TRIGGER HOUSINGS.

4 years 26 weeks ago, 8:39 PM

catfish88

catfish88's picture

General

Question: How do I take apart a Mossbert 500 trigger housing??

4 years 25 weeks ago, 6:23 PM

craigman9mm

craigman9mm's picture

Brigadier General

very carefully, that's funny.

4 years 25 weeks ago, 6:54 PM

catfish88

catfish88's picture

General

Just messin with ya Craig!

4 years 26 weeks ago, 12:17 AM

greg az

greg az's picture

Secretary of Homeland Security
brad, brad, brad..

have to give that an 8 + on the "gunslut" humor scale..

Craig welcome aboard.. please know were laughing with you, not at ya, and we have a couple of "smithies" who no doubt share your view.. When ever life gets to boring around here we start up the mossy 500 vs Winnie 870 debate just to wake up the "oldsters"..

I'm one of those oldsters so i can't remember who wins the debate.. Matter of fact on a serious note the only time i fired a weapon on a prison yard (retired from AZ DOC) it was one of those two, an honestly while everything else is a clear memory i have no idea if it was a 500 or 870..

a man has to hold his word, hold his beliefs, and hold a good sight picture.
4 years 26 weeks ago, 11:40 PM

ecaman

ecaman's picture

General
Greg

Did you hit anything?

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man. (Mark Twain).
4 years 26 weeks ago, 12:15 AM

greg az

greg az's picture

Bob.. TL. .

Bob.. Nope sure didn't, this was back in the "old days"... later we developed a DART (designated armed response team) protocol.. and one of the things none of old timers liked about it was that "warning shots" were a no go..

Pretty obvious on a legal basis why that was the policy, but it took away the flexibility to actually make that call yourself..

At the time i took a shotgun on the yard it was pretty lose guidelines, and in that particular issue i used a blast off to the side and it stopped the disturbance.. Even then we were using bird shot so the deal was it was less than lethal force.. We did skip shots (3-5 yds in front of the Inmate) then later that was changed to below the knee.. But still bird shot, and less than lethal..

When we went to DART it got over blown with legal guide lines, and while the team (6 man squad and Cmdr) was still armed with the 12 gauge. we did NOT have #00 and the cmdr (i was one then) was unarmed.. (had a big bag full of extra ammo, all less than lethal)

The fear was that the squad could be overrun, and we would lose weapons.. so we deployed mini -14's on the roof top before a DART team could be deployed, and of course thier orders (thru Cmdr) were lethal force.. typical over thinking.. the old way of putting a couple 3-4 troops on the yard ALWAYS worked.. and seldom went beyond the warning shot i used, and that was later outlawed...

TL.. thats an old post buddy.. and just for the record please know that on a 1-10 scale of danger i was in the 1 maybe 2 category all the time i was overseas.. we did lose two crews, but i never saw any action myself.. since we lost 2 out of 12 crews there was a bit of survivor questioning.. but nothing like what your generation dealt with (is dealing with) in theater..

4 years 26 weeks ago, 12:22 AM

TLtactical

TLtactical's picture

Major General
Greagaz

I think that I had it easier than many of your generation. I volunteered to jump from plane and choppers and actually signed up for combat. Ahhh.... The youthfull decisions we make...

I was at least ok with the job, and chose it on my own. A draft was and is a terrible thing, especially if it is an unnecessay war with not much public support.

TL

Best Regards TL “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ---Aristotle Greek critic, philosopher, physicist, & zoologist (384 BC - 322 BC)
4 years 26 weeks ago, 12:37 AM

ecaman

ecaman's picture

General
TLtactical

I'd like to see a universal draft - men and women. Now don't go ballistic yet! What I'm talking about is mandatory government service for everyone. Only a few would be in the military - that would be voluntary. The great majority would work throughout the country maintaining roads and bridges, etc. (the "infrastructure"), helping in hospitals and schools, or doing whatever work was needed. All the people who live in a country owe allegiance to the country, and owe it service.

I don't expect there to be a huge popular movement springing up overnight, inspired by my thoughts and words, but this is something that I've felt for decades.

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man. (Mark Twain).
4 years 26 weeks ago, 12:46 AM

TLtactical

TLtactical's picture

Major General
ecaman

I agree that we should have some sort of civil service requirement in order to be a citizen. Otherwise you should only be a resident with no right to vote!

That and unless you are in the military, no right to vote at age 18 either... Try 21 or 25... There are too many people voting with no real critical thought process and basing choices on what they hear only from the news media or someone they know... Of wait, that is everyone...

Best Regards TL “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ---Aristotle Greek critic, philosopher, physicist, & zoologist (384 BC - 322 BC)
4 years 26 weeks ago, 12:39 AM

greg az

greg az's picture

Part of it "might" have been based on the draft.. but i didn't even wait to get a draft #.. Pop was a WWII Navy vet, and i remember being a sophmore or junior in HS.. and scared it was going to end before i got over there..

Stupid kid raised on WWII Movies, and John Wayne i guess.. All i know is that when ever a group of us would talk it seemed to be the same story for all of us..

4 years 25 weeks ago, 6:26 PM

craigman9mm

craigman9mm's picture

Brigadier General

wow! all these related posts from a trigger housing. talk about getting side tracked. it's ok fellows, preciate the comments. and thanks for the welcome back, it's been awhile since i've been on here.

4 years 25 weeks ago, 7:28 PM

photobear6

photobear6's picture

Lieutenant General

there isn't one thread here that hasn't been highjacked and warped into something completely different than what it started out about. lol Like LBC said add is alive and well here...........oh look shiney object

America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall. If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!
4 years 25 weeks ago, 7:31 PM

Anonymous

lol photobear

Remember "All Thats Shiney Isnt Gold".......oh look is that obozo bowing to mexican drug lords!?

4 years 25 weeks ago, 7:41 PM

photobear6

photobear6's picture

Lieutenant General

he's bowed to every other son of a bitch in the world maybe he's saying sorry because our mean border patrol agents hurt there little wittle feelings. We can take this back nov.2 2010. vote all the worthless bastards out.

America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall. If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!
4 years 25 weeks ago, 6:31 PM

luckybychoice

luckybychoice's picture

Secretary of the Treasury
ADD is alive and well

on gunslot.

i tried being reasonable,i didn't like it, NRA LIFE MEMBER,USMC VETERAN
4 years 25 weeks ago, 7:20 PM

Anonymous

An elephant never for gets but I forget what the elephant is supposed to remember.

Meaning you better watch how you remove parts on you fire arm as you can easily forget what part goes where. This is for the new comers in fire arms as .well

4 years 25 weeks ago, 1:04 AM

This 1 Guy

This 1 Guy's picture

Sergeant First Class

I just bought a Mossberg 500 at an auction today and started cleaning. I noticed it was pretty easy to disassemble so I disassembled the trigger housing. If I knew I wasn’t supposed to do it, I wouldn’t have. But the damage is done. I looked all over the internet and it pointed me to you. All I am asking for is if you have a diagram, I won’t ask for instructions. I am sure I can reassemble it I have disassembled all my other weapons and reassembled them just fine. I apologize for asking as I see that you are always asked this and I’m guessing you are pretty tired of it. All I need is a picture showing me where the pieces go.
-Albert

There is always darkness before light.-ASG
4 years 25 weeks ago, 2:51 AM

luckybychoice

luckybychoice's picture

Secretary of the Treasury

check here http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=11934 bring toothpicks to use as slave pins and lots of patience

i tried being reasonable,i didn't like it, NRA LIFE MEMBER,USMC VETERAN
4 years 25 weeks ago, 5:15 AM

This 1 Guy

This 1 Guy's picture

Sergeant First Class

After spending most of my time looking for a diagram I decided to try and put it back by memory. It actually worked out and I got the entire assembly put back together. Nonetheless, I completely agree with Craigman on not taking the trigger assembly apart. I wont be doing that again.

Luckybychoice- Yeah I saw that diagram online but you cant make a lot of it out . Thanks anyways

There is always darkness before light.-ASG

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 788 (1 member and 787 guests)
Solid Snake

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,688, Comments: 161,603, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity