Anyone know where I can find VERY detailed info on Mosin Nagant M91/30 Markings?
I checked out www.7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinMarks.htm and couldnt make heads or tails of it other than my rifle is Iveshk assuming thats what the triangle with the arrow in it means? built in 1943. What I have read that war time Nagants were rushed completed and were rough looking in the metal work with tool marks. Mine fits that bill to the T. So i am assuming my rifle seen combat during WWII? Maybe? Anyways here are the markings I cant understand.
1. The hammer and Sickle logo. (Just assuming it stands for the russians)
2. What looks to be a circle or half circle with an "X" in it.
3. A "Zero" whch looked like it was put on with a type of Punch?
4. A rectangular punched in box with either an "I" or a "T" in it but not sure what it is even under a bright light.
5. An extremly tiny "5" at the head of the receiver to the left.
6. A "K" stamped in at the left side of the receiver in the middle
1. Has a star under it when flipped up.
1. An "E" stamped. Among some half stamped marks I cant make out.
1. An "K".
2. A square with a diagonal line through it.
Any help would be appreciated my friends.
Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.-Ronald Reagan