Forums / Gun Discussion / Mossberg 500 SPX

2 years 45 weeks ago, 9:03 AM

c_anderson180

c_anderson180's picture

First Lieutenant
Mossberg 500 SPX

Does anybody know if the Mossberg 500 SPX has the option of interchangable chokes? I would like to put a door breecher/tactical stand-off device on it. Thanks.

2 years 45 weeks ago, 9:53 AM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
500 SPX

You would have to have someone thread it if you want to put a choke on it. Not worth it in my opinion.

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
2 years 45 weeks ago, 10:52 AM

clintlebo

clintlebo's picture

General
500 SPX

I have to agree with Reaper. I wonder why you want a door breecher/tactical stand off device. More power to you, but if you are LEO, shouldn't they provide the tool, if not for anything other than liability?

clint

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin & Hobbes)
2 years 45 weeks ago, 2:41 PM

c_anderson180

c_anderson180's picture

First Lieutenant

I'm not a LEO, I am going to use the gun for home defense. I was planning on using the breecher for more of a striking device if I happened to be in too close of contact to get a shot off.

It's not a necessity in determining what gun I purchase, but I know some of the Remingtons come with them or have a threaded barrels where I could purchase my own.

2 years 45 weeks ago, 3:37 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
c_anderson

Some Mossberg 500 cruiser models have the tactical door breaching muzzle, but it's not a removable choke. You could always add a stock to something like this...

Also, some 870's have chokes like you mentioned. I have a 870 tac desert recon and it came with their tactical choke.

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
2 years 45 weeks ago, 9:36 AM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense

another option... you could get a 590 with a bayonet lug then go to town on some lettuce

http://www.gunslot.com/videos/mossberg-590-bayonet

Welcome, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

2 years 45 weeks ago, 12:01 PM

jay sedler

jay sedler's picture

Lieutenant General

still haven't been attacked by any zombie produce,so i have no personal knowledge of my 590s bayonet capabilities.thinkin of making a bipod adaptor that will use the lug though.for what?bench shooting slugs at the range like the other mall ninja posers i guess.haha.

CRY HAVOC and let slip the dogs of war!

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 581 (0 members and 581 guests)

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,690, Comments: 161,634, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity