1. Fits my 1911 perfectly: First minute I got it I put my 1911 in it and the shape of the holster was molded perfectly to the shape of my pistol. Those training guns you have do the job great.
2. Durability: Excellent work on its durability. Nice solid stitching and strong leather. I can say this holster will last way beyond my life time.
3. Holding: The holster holds my 1911 in place while I am sitting and or moving around. I dont have to worry about my gun falling out.
4. Easy to reach: In emergency I can easily reach for the pistol.
1. Large: This is mostly on my part here as my 1911 is a bit large for my physical frame. When the gun is in the holster on me it sticks out even when my shirt covers the gun. I have the IWB inside the waist band of my Jeans yet the grip of my gun shows when I walk or generally stand still. I did a test just putting it on and walked around at home and everyone here knew I was carrying my 1911.
2. Leather fuzz : The inside of the holster rubs my 1911 on drawing. The rubbing has brought some of the paint off the slide of my gun. No worries though this can be solved after I use the holster more over time. Eventually the fuzz will smooth out and not rub. So this aint bad at all.
3. Holster moves on drawing: When I draw my 1911 the grip of the holster wont release to easily so even with my belt on the holster. What I am saying is when I draw the gun and holster comes out all together.
4. Easily Seen: Like I said I have a small physical frame to me. So the gun could easily be see even in conceal carry. My shirt gets caught around my gun and holster top. So im sure people would know I had it if I was out in public.
The holster is very durable,which shows you take pride in your work. The holster fits my gun perfectly length wise and holds in place while walking or doing other activities. I have said that I may not carry the 1911 as my CC due to the large frame of the gun against my small frame. However I could use the holster and 1911 as my CC for winter season for the reason that I can carry the 1911 under my shirt and under my coat and no one would know I have it then. I enjoy the holster when I wear it around the house here but not sure it would be a wise decision for me to carry my 1911 in public during summer season or fall as the holster and gun show up pretty easy. It is hard to draw from quicly as the holster comes up with the gun on draw and binds up which wont let the gun out in emergency. I have to put my left had on the holster and then draw out the pistol.
All in all I am happy with the holster as I can carry my 1911 around the house in a holster and not have to put it in my pocket. I enjoy having a holster for it if I do decide to carry it in winter seasons. Also I enjoy the durability of it and am sure the holster will last well beyond my life time. Its something that I will pass on to my children when my time comes. Also on the durability note it shows that you take pride in your work and only make sure a customer is outfitted the best.
Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.-Ronald Reagan
5 years 5 weeks ago, 7:41 PM