Forums / Gun Discussion / my m1941

4 years 40 weeks ago, 2:03 PM

david1978

david1978's picture

Major
my m1941

I have sent some of these pics to a few people and one of the guys told me it has been chopped up does anyone on here see why he says that

4 years 40 weeks ago, 2:06 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
its hard to tell

anything from those pictures. Does it have matching numbers throughout?

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
4 years 40 weeks ago, 3:35 PM

david1978

david1978's picture

Major

i have not taken it apart. without taking it apart is there a way to tell about the matching #s and these pics are the ones i sent the guy im just not sure what he is talking about

4 years 40 weeks ago, 3:43 PM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
yes

you do

...check... G-AZ
4 years 40 weeks ago, 8:32 AM

david1978

david1978's picture

Major
yes i do what?

yes i do what?

4 years 40 weeks ago, 9:52 AM

Ebear

Ebear's picture

Speaker of the House
i was

answering you question....you do need to take it apart.especially on appraisals...they want to make sure its all original....like a car

...check... G-AZ
4 years 40 weeks ago, 9:32 AM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
david

I'm not sure about the M1941, but all of the old battle rifles I own have serial numbers stamped on a few different places that can be seen without taking it a part. Check the receiver, the mag floor plate (if its a fixed mag), the end plate on the butt stock, the bolt, the trigger guard and even the barrel. All of the old rifles I have have atleast 3 sets of numbers on them. If they all match then the gun should have all of the major original parts. If the numbers are mis-matched it was most likely refurbished.

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
4 years 40 weeks ago, 9:59 AM

greg az

greg az's picture

Secretary of Homeland Security

Obviously make sure its unloaded. but the butt on the floor and locate the the first hole back on the right side of the rifle.. theres two of them on the right side, you want the one thats about 4 or 5 inches back from the end of the stock or the sling swivel.. Push down on the bbl while you insert something pointed into that first hole.. It's designed to use the 30.06 round, but anything pointed will work. you can feel the springloaded lever, when you push it in the bbl will come right off.. this is one of the neat things about the Johnson..That bbl was designed to come off easy for cleaning and when used by para's.. My guess is who ever made the "choped up" wasn't talking about the numbers not matching..How would he know..But as Reaper said all major pieces will have a matching number.. Not that big a deal if they don't match just means arsonal refinished..

a man has to hold his word, hold his beliefs, and hold a good sight picture.
4 years 40 weeks ago, 2:37 PM

david1978

david1978's picture

Major

I just had it looked at by a local gun dealer who has alot of knowledge about these guns and he said it is all original. he broke it down right there and showed mr the different numbers on it.

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 1013 (1 member and 1012 guests)
rslander

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,678, Comments: 161,454, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity