Forums / Introduce Yourself / New here, lot's to come!

2 years 11 weeks ago, 1:27 PM

GlockStore

GlockStore's picture

Rank:
Captain
Points:
33
Join Date:
Apr 2012
Location:
San Diego, CA, United States

Hello everyone! We are the world's largest distributor of Glock parts and accessories, magazines, holsters, logo gear, apparel, concealment items, custom parts and Glock custom guns.

We're excited to be on www.Gunslot.com, and hope to be posting a ton of fun stuff.

To start, check out our Facebook page where you'll find an awesome new "Facebook like" button. Grab it and share it, we're getting t-shirts made too! -The shirts will be available for purchase on our website as soon as they are ready!

We also just did a Glock Photo shoot with Tammy Magill, winner of the 2012 NPC Grand Prix in the Masters 45+ Overall category. We got some amazing shots of her with some of our Glocks, and we're going to post them here first! Stay tuned!

Anyone know how to update the avatar? -can't seem to get it to work.

Fight ignorance with logic and reason.
2 years 11 weeks ago, 1:29 PM

Vaquero

Vaquero's picture

Rank:
General of the Army
Points:
5482
Join Date:
Dec 2009
Location:
West Texas
Welcome

The avatar seems to update when you log out and log back in.

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!
2 years 11 weeks ago, 1:32 PM

GlockStore

GlockStore's picture

Rank:
Captain
Points:
33
Join Date:
Apr 2012
Location:
San Diego, CA, United States
Awesome

Thanks!

Fight ignorance with logic and reason.
2 years 11 weeks ago, 2:44 PM

Nitris

Nitris's picture

Rank:
Lieutenant General
Points:
1913
Join Date:
Nov 2008
Location:

GlockStore wrote:
Grab it and share it, we're getting t-shirts made too! -The shirts will be available for purchase on our website as soon as they are ready.

So let me get this straight you want me to pay to advertise for you? No thanks.

Ron Paul 2012 III
2 years 11 weeks ago, 3:20 PM

GlockStore

GlockStore's picture

Rank:
Captain
Points:
33
Join Date:
Apr 2012
Location:
San Diego, CA, United States
Nope

Nitris wrote:
So let me get this straight you want me to pay to advertise for you? No thanks.

No, actually, you've missed the mark completely. The shirt does not have any GlockStore branding on it. The "Like Button" was something we made in house, and then we shared it with our fans. Advertising for us would be if we asked you to purchase a shirt with our logo on it. Which isn't even close to what this is. We've had a really positive response to our re-imagined "Like Button." With that, we're making shirts that could just as easily, if not more easily, be aligned with "Like Shooting" or "Like Guns" than with GlockStore. In fact, other than the fact that the gun happens to be a Glock, I'm not sure how anyone who saw someone wearing one of these shirts would associate it with our store. So, no. I do not want you to pay to advertise for us. I'm not even asking you to buy a shirt at all. I am simply letting people know that there is a place to buy a shirt with this design, should they like it. If they don't like it, I'm sure there are many other places where they can buy clothing that would better suit their taste. After all, we have not yet cornered the market on novelty t-shirts.

Fight ignorance with logic and reason.
2 years 11 weeks ago, 10:09 AM

Eric1911

Eric1911's picture

Rank:
Major
Points:
52
Join Date:
Mar 2012
Location:
Phoenix, arizona, United States
I love your response

Lighten up Nitris its just a t shirt

2 years 11 weeks ago, 11:24 AM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

Rank:
General
Points:
4375
Join Date:
Feb 2009
Location:
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
Eric

you suck up.. lol

No sir, he fell into that bullet... Never argue with a stupid person. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!
2 years 11 weeks ago, 1:03 PM

daisycutter

daisycutter's picture

Rank:
General
Points:
4387
Join Date:
Jul 2009
Location:
Arkansas

`

iyaoyas
2 years 11 weeks ago, 2:12 PM

Nitris

Nitris's picture

Rank:
Lieutenant General
Points:
1913
Join Date:
Nov 2008
Location:

Lighten up........yeah ok. just glad I don't jump to the defence when someone points out a possible error in my first statement.

GlockStore][quote=Ishootdaily wrote:
Nitris really didn't miss any mark,

Nitris indicated we were asking him to purchase a shirt to advertise our store.
That was false as illustrated in my previous response. As such, his comment missed the mark, or rather, it was inaccurate.

Ishootdaily wrote:
your statement was too ambiguous....

either way welcome to the site.

Ron Paul 2012 III
2 years 11 weeks ago, 3:46 PM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

Rank:
General
Points:
4375
Join Date:
Feb 2009
Location:
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
Com-mun-I-ca-tion

Nitris really didn't miss any mark, your statement was too ambiguous....

Anywho, good luck with your endeavor...

No sir, he fell into that bullet... Never argue with a stupid person. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!
2 years 11 weeks ago, 4:14 PM

Nitris

Nitris's picture

Rank:
Lieutenant General
Points:
1913
Join Date:
Nov 2008
Location:
Thanks ISD

Ishootdaily wrote:
Nitris really didn't miss any mark, your statement was too ambiguous....

Anywho, good luck with your endeavor...
I thought I read that statement correctly, I'll make sure to avoid glockstore.

Ron Paul 2012 III
2 years 11 weeks ago, 4:28 PM

GlockStore

GlockStore's picture

Rank:
Captain
Points:
33
Join Date:
Apr 2012
Location:
San Diego, CA, United States

Ishootdaily wrote:
Nitris really didn't miss any mark,

Nitris indicated we were asking him to purchase a shirt to advertise our store.
That was false as illustrated in my previous response. As such, his comment missed the mark, or rather, it was inaccurate.

Ishootdaily wrote:
your statement was too ambiguous....

What exactly is ambiguous about:

GlockStore wrote:
To start, check out our Facebook page where you'll find an awesome new "Facebook like" button. Grab it and share it, we're getting t-shirts made too! -The shirts will be available for purchase on our website as soon as they are ready!

1. The point is, we'll be posting fun stuff.
2. An example of "fun stuff" can be found on our Facebook page.
3. You can share the custom "like" button if you like.
4. You can buy a shirt of the design if you like.

Ishootdaily wrote:
Anywho, good luck with your endeavor...

Thanks, even though I detect a hint of sarcasm with your tiding.

Why all the hostility? Is it pick on the new guy day? I was actually really excited to share the custom Facebook Like button we made. I thought this would be a perfect pace to find people who would appreciate it. -it doesn't cost anything to re-post it, and you don't even have to link it back to us... and you certainly aren't obligated to buy it.

And Nitris,

Nitris wrote:
I thought I read that statement correctly, I'll make sure to avoid glockstore.

No one is holding a gun to your head. If you don't want to like us or associate with us on this forum, no one is going to try to make you do otherwise. Just because someone sided with you after I defended my comments, doesn't make your statement any more accurate.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, and I wish you both the very best.

Fight ignorance with logic and reason.
2 years 11 weeks ago, 10:22 AM

Eric1911

Eric1911's picture

Rank:
Major
Points:
52
Join Date:
Mar 2012
Location:
Phoenix, arizona, United States

I appreciate any information on guns or any sites about them, thank you for letting me know about glock store

2 years 11 weeks ago, 10:31 AM

GlockStore

GlockStore's picture

Rank:
Captain
Points:
33
Join Date:
Apr 2012
Location:
San Diego, CA, United States
Glad to meet you!

Eric1911 wrote:
I appreciate any information on guns or any sites about them, thank you for letting me know about glock store

Thank you for the welcome. I'm looking forward to discussing, learning, and sharing more industry related news.

Fight ignorance with logic and reason.
2 years 11 weeks ago, 4:40 PM

luckybychoice

luckybychoice's picture


Rank:
Secretary of the Treasury
Points:
6774
Join Date:
May 2009
Location:
United States
well Glockstore

Bring on the Glock goodies,i have a 26 and 19.Could always use something.

i tried being reasonable,i didn't like it, NRA LIFE MEMBER,USMC VETERAN
2 years 11 weeks ago, 4:48 PM

GlockStore

GlockStore's picture

Rank:
Captain
Points:
33
Join Date:
Apr 2012
Location:
San Diego, CA, United States
Yes, indeed!

luckybychoice wrote:
Bring on the Glock goodies,i have a 26 and 19. Could always use something.

Can't wait! I've got tons of images of custom Glocks to share, and I'll also be posting some specials exclusively available to our Facebook and Glock related forums.

In addition to the previously mentioned photo shoot, I hope to schedule some more models to come in and get some really amazing shots of hot girls with Glocks, which I will also be posting as soon as possible!

I'll likely even have some freebies to give away!

Fight ignorance with logic and reason.
2 years 11 weeks ago, 5:17 PM

daisycutter

daisycutter's picture

Rank:
General
Points:
4387
Join Date:
Jul 2009
Location:
Arkansas

are you located?
No hostility here except it sounded like you were making a business pitch in your initial post.
Most folks I see signing in here for the first time talk about their gun hobby and politics, not their business.

iyaoyas
2 years 11 weeks ago, 5:25 PM

GlockStore

GlockStore's picture

Rank:
Captain
Points:
33
Join Date:
Apr 2012
Location:
San Diego, CA, United States
That's fair

daisycutter wrote:
are you located?
No hostility here except it sounded like you were making a business pitch in your initial post.
Most folks I see signing in here for the first time talk about their gun hobby and politics, not their business.

I certainly created this profile with our business in mind. Obviously, we'd like more/new business, but I think as time goes on, people will see how enthusiastic we are about our guns. We make custom Glocks, and from one gun enthusiast to another, they are pretty awesome. -Also just wanted to share the Facebook like button. -we thought it was cool.

Fight ignorance with logic and reason.
2 years 11 weeks ago, 5:34 PM

daisycutter

daisycutter's picture

Rank:
General
Points:
4387
Join Date:
Jul 2009
Location:
Arkansas

this is the reply you sent:

I certainly created this profile with our business in mind. Obviously, we'd like more/new business, but I think as time goes on, people will see how enthusiastic we are about our guns. We make custom Glocks, and from one gun enthusiast to another, they are pretty awesome. -Also just wanted to share the Facebook like button. -we thought it was cool.

I tried to be friendly, you come back with more sales pitch, bullshit!

iyaoyas
2 years 11 weeks ago, 5:39 PM

GlockStore

GlockStore's picture

Rank:
Captain
Points:
33
Join Date:
Apr 2012
Location:
San Diego, CA, United States
Whah?

daisycutter wrote:
this is the reply you sent:

I certainly created this profile with our business in mind. Obviously, we'd like more/new business, but I think as time goes on, people will see how enthusiastic we are about our guns. We make custom Glocks, and from one gun enthusiast to another, they are pretty awesome. -Also just wanted to share the Facebook like button. -we thought it was cool.

I tried to be friendly, you come back with more sales pitch, bullshit!

I'm not trying to give you a sales pitch... I was being genuinely honest. I really appreciate your dialog.

Fight ignorance with logic and reason.
2 years 11 weeks ago, 5:26 PM

GlockStore

GlockStore's picture

Rank:
Captain
Points:
33
Join Date:
Apr 2012
Location:
San Diego, CA, United States
Address

daisycutter wrote:
are you located?

Woops... lol here's our address:
4585 Murphy Canyon Rd
San Diego Ca 92123

Fight ignorance with logic and reason.
2 years 11 weeks ago, 5:19 PM

Hellspawn72

Hellspawn72's picture

Rank:
Lieutenant Colonel
Points:
66
Join Date:
Apr 2011
Location:
St.Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Mr.GlockStore I Think

the problem of hostility you are feeling is that this site is more of a family affair then an advertising forum. We here like to talk about the guns "We" like not ones that may be pushed by a sales gimmick. I know from reading many posts that some people like your firearms and others such as me would never trust plastic guns, but that is my opinion. Anyways welcome to the site just don't expect people to jump on the ploy..

2 years 11 weeks ago, 5:34 PM

GlockStore

GlockStore's picture

Rank:
Captain
Points:
33
Join Date:
Apr 2012
Location:
San Diego, CA, United States
Ok...

Hellspawn72 wrote:
the problem of hostility you are feeling is that this site is more of a family affair then an advertising forum. We here like to talk about the guns "We" like not ones that may be pushed by a sales gimmick. I know from reading many posts that some people like your firearms and others such as me would never trust plastic guns, but that is my opinion. Anyways welcome to the site just don't expect people to jump on the ploy..

But this was my first post, and it was in the "Introduce Yourself" forum. We're just trying to introduce ourselves. -we're a store. -we like Glocks. -so, we sell custom Glocks. -and we don't mind if you don't like our guns.

Fight ignorance with logic and reason.
2 years 11 weeks ago, 5:44 PM

Hellspawn72

Hellspawn72's picture

Rank:
Lieutenant Colonel
Points:
66
Join Date:
Apr 2011
Location:
St.Catharines, Ontario, Canada
my point

was not to diss your guns but to give you some understanding on how this site is based,,,"personal" not "business",, this is the reason you may think you feel like people are a bit hostile.. I understand you are a business, but don't think like one reading my reply, think like a person...

2 years 11 weeks ago, 5:51 PM

GlockStore

GlockStore's picture

Rank:
Captain
Points:
33
Join Date:
Apr 2012
Location:
San Diego, CA, United States
Right on

Hellspawn72 wrote:
was not to diss your guns but to give you some understanding on how this site is based,,,"personal" not "business",, this is the reason you may think you feel like people are a bit hostile.. I understand you are a business, but don't think like one reading my reply, think like a person...

I got that, and thanks for the tip.

Fight ignorance with logic and reason.
2 years 11 weeks ago, 5:23 PM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

Rank:
General
Points:
4375
Join Date:
Feb 2009
Location:
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
Glockstore

there wouldn't be any question if I was being an ass or not, if I wanted to tell you to go piss up a rope I would...

I mean what I say, straight up...

No sir, he fell into that bullet... Never argue with a stupid person. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!
2 years 11 weeks ago, 5:50 PM

GlockStore

GlockStore's picture

Rank:
Captain
Points:
33
Join Date:
Apr 2012
Location:
San Diego, CA, United States
Cool

Ishootdaily wrote:
there wouldn't be any question if I was being an ass or not, if I wanted to tell you to go piss up a rope I would...

I mean what I say, straight up...

I wasn't implicating your behavior was "ass-ish" I was simply pointing out the fallacy in your argument.

I have no doubt that if you wanted to be hostile you would make that known. You're entitled to your opinion, and I do not intend to attempt to deprive you of that.

Fight ignorance with logic and reason.
2 years 11 weeks ago, 5:40 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture


Rank:
Secretary of Defense
Points:
6226
Join Date:
Jun 2008
Location:
Airstrip One, Oceania
Glock Store

Here's the deal: Companies pay for advertising and banner space on Gunslot. We don't allow businesses to use our site for creating back links or free advertisement. If we allowed companies to advertise for free, no one would sponsor the site. I'm sure you're aware of this as it's pretty much a global rule across different forums.

We have members who contribute to discussions who also happen own or work for firearm related products or businesses. If someone happens to ask about a particular product they'll sometimes mention their experience with it or similar products that they carry. We're even somewhat tolerant (more so than other sites) of linking back to that product on their site if it's relevant to the conversation.

You are welcome to stay, get to know everyone and join in on the conversations but if you use the site for the sole purpose of promoting your company, your account will be disabled. Nothing personal but it's the site rules.

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
2 years 11 weeks ago, 6:01 PM

GlockStore

GlockStore's picture

Rank:
Captain
Points:
33
Join Date:
Apr 2012
Location:
San Diego, CA, United States
Smashing introduction

Reaper308 wrote:
Here's the deal: Companies pay for advertising and banner space on Gunslot. We don't allow businesses to use our site for creating back links or free advertisement. If we allowed companies to advertise for free, no one would sponsor the site. I'm sure you're aware of this as it's pretty much a global rule across different forums.

I understand that, and I would certainly be open to paying for advertising should it turn out to be a positive community we want to be a part of. I am new here, and I was trying to introduce myself in the "Introduce yourself" forum. Perhaps I misunderstood what that meant.

Reaper308 wrote:

We have members who contribute to discussions who also happen own or work for firearm related products or businesses. If someone happens to ask about a particular product they'll sometimes mention their experience with it or similar products that they carry. We're even somewhat tolerant (more so than other sites) of linking back to that product on their site if it's relevant to the conversation.

Yes, that is precisely why I joined. I feel I (We at Glock Store) can contribute to this community.

Reaper308 wrote:

You are welcome to stay, get to know everyone and join in on the conversations but if you use the site for the sole purpose of promoting your company, your account will be disabled. Nothing personal but it's the site rules.

Thank you. I have made exactly one post. It was an introduction. Should I have just joined and not said anything? Give me a chance.

Fight ignorance with logic and reason.
2 years 11 weeks ago, 6:11 PM

Vaquero

Vaquero's picture

Rank:
General of the Army
Points:
5482
Join Date:
Dec 2009
Location:
West Texas
intro

Sorry it didn't go well. Seemed a bit of a harsh welcome to me. At any rate I hope you stick around and enjoy and contribute to the site. This comes from a steel and wood wheelgun guy BTW.

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!
2 years 11 weeks ago, 10:32 AM

GlockStore

GlockStore's picture

Rank:
Captain
Points:
33
Join Date:
Apr 2012
Location:
San Diego, CA, United States
Thank you.

Vaquero wrote:
Sorry it didn't go well. Seemed a bit of a harsh welcome to me. At any rate I hope you stick around and enjoy and contribute to the site. This comes from a steel and wood wheelgun guy BTW.

I appreciate your comments, and I look forward to future dialog.

Fight ignorance with logic and reason.
2 years 11 weeks ago, 6:13 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture


Rank:
Secretary of Defense
Points:
6226
Join Date:
Jun 2008
Location:
Airstrip One, Oceania
Introduction

GlockStore wrote:
Should I have just joined and not said anything? Give me a chance.

You did the right thing as far as introducing your self.

You're getting a chance. Most companies that join and post back links to their site on their first post are banned... I just removed them in your case. Relax and join in on the conversations. I assume you're an intelligent individual who can play by the rules.

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
2 years 11 weeks ago, 5:56 PM

luckybychoice

luckybychoice's picture


Rank:
Secretary of the Treasury
Points:
6774
Join Date:
May 2009
Location:
United States
But Glock porn

Will be reviewed and graded by experts here regardless.

i tried being reasonable,i didn't like it, NRA LIFE MEMBER,USMC VETERAN
2 years 11 weeks ago, 6:08 PM

GlockStore

GlockStore's picture

Rank:
Captain
Points:
33
Join Date:
Apr 2012
Location:
San Diego, CA, United States
Awesome

luckybychoice wrote:
Will be reviewed and graded by experts here regardless.

lol Nice. seriously---->no sarcasm. -this brought a smile to my face. Thank you.

mental note, "next time I join a gun forum, open with gun toting centerfold." -got it.

Fight ignorance with logic and reason.
2 years 11 weeks ago, 9:54 PM

Saint J.M. Browning

Saint J.M. Browning's picture

Rank:
General
Points:
3482
Join Date:
Feb 2011
Location:
The Colony, Texas, United States
GlockStore

Welcome to the site.

"I don't think Hank done it this way" - Waylon
2 years 11 weeks ago, 10:35 AM

GlockStore

GlockStore's picture

Rank:
Captain
Points:
33
Join Date:
Apr 2012
Location:
San Diego, CA, United States
Thank you!

I appreciate the welcome, and it's nice to make your acquaintance. I'm looking forward to getting feedback from you and other members on this forum.

Fight ignorance with logic and reason.
2 years 11 weeks ago, 11:13 PM

Ishootdaily

Ishootdaily's picture

Rank:
General
Points:
4375
Join Date:
Feb 2009
Location:
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
Welcome GS

enjoy and have some fun

No sir, he fell into that bullet... Never argue with a stupid person. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!
2 years 11 weeks ago, 10:36 AM

GlockStore

GlockStore's picture

Rank:
Captain
Points:
33
Join Date:
Apr 2012
Location:
San Diego, CA, United States
Thank you, very much.

I appreciate the gesture, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on other subjects.

Fight ignorance with logic and reason.
2 years 11 weeks ago, 2:55 AM

greg az

greg az's picture

Rank:
Secretary of Homeland Security
Points:
5873
Join Date:
Oct 2009
Location:
New York, NY, Western Samoa
glock store..

welcome aboard.. so.. can we call you "bill"..

a man has to hold his word, hold his beliefs, and hold a good sight picture.
2 years 11 weeks ago, 10:42 AM

GlockStore

GlockStore's picture

Rank:
Captain
Points:
33
Join Date:
Apr 2012
Location:
San Diego, CA, United States
lol sure...

You can call me Bill... I think we may have a Bill working here. My name is Joel, I am the Brand Manager and Marketing Director for GlockStore. Lenny Magill is our CEO.

Fight ignorance with logic and reason.
2 years 11 weeks ago, 8:04 AM

MattyTheJet

MattyTheJet's picture

Rank:
Lieutenant General
Points:
1027
Join Date:
Mar 2012
Location:
Sebring, Florida, United States
Hi Glock Store

I'm a Springfield guy, but if you're wanting to be nice to a guns lot buddy, I can be persuaded, lol. Welcome aboard!

2 years 11 weeks ago, 10:55 AM

GlockStore

GlockStore's picture

Rank:
Captain
Points:
33
Join Date:
Apr 2012
Location:
San Diego, CA, United States

The success of any business is dependent upon their ability to produce a quality product. Regardless of personal preference, Springfield definitely produces a quality product.

Thanks for the welcome! I'm looking forward to more dialog.

Fight ignorance with logic and reason.
2 years 11 weeks ago, 10:31 AM

Eric1911

Eric1911's picture

Rank:
Major
Points:
52
Join Date:
Mar 2012
Location:
Phoenix, arizona, United States

I a like button logo one time that read ( sex with your girlfriend 74 people like this) with the thumbs up right next to it reminded me of that, wouldn't mind having a shirt with that on it

2 years 11 weeks ago, 2:08 PM

Hawkeye50317

Hawkeye50317's picture

Rank:
Colonel
Points:
133
Join Date:
Sep 2011
Location:
Des Moines, IA, United States

Interesting conversation. I just read it from the beginning. Glad the conversation is on a more even keel now. By the way...welcome aboard. :)

2 years 11 weeks ago, 2:12 PM

Hawkeye50317

Hawkeye50317's picture

Rank:
Colonel
Points:
133
Join Date:
Sep 2011
Location:
Des Moines, IA, United States

Hey Joel (Glockstore), how would you compare the 4th gen Glock .40 S&W to say the Springfield Armory XDM 3.8" .40 S&W or maybe even the Smith & Wesson M&P .40 S&W? Curious.

2 years 11 weeks ago, 3:54 PM

GlockStore

GlockStore's picture

Rank:
Captain
Points:
33
Join Date:
Apr 2012
Location:
San Diego, CA, United States
Can of worms

Hawkeye50317 wrote:
Hey Joel (Glockstore), how would you compare the 4th gen Glock .40 S&W to say the Springfield Armory XDM 3.8" .40 S&W or maybe even the Smith & Wesson M&P .40 S&W? Curious.

Well, seeing that we specialize in Glocks, I am at a bit of a disadvantage. You're asking me to answer a question which will certainly draw fire from individuals who position themselves on opposite sides of the fence. That is, since I am undeniably biased towards Glocks, my perspective positions my response from that viewpoint.

As such, I can speak about my experience with Glocks, and perhaps someone else will be able to offer you their experiences with the XDM and the M&P.

With that, the Glock is a Glock....which is arguably the most reliable handgun on the market and the one with the fewest parts. It is, without a doubt, the simplest shooting mechanism ever developed. There are only 30 parts in the gun itself, and anyone can learn to completely disassemble and then reassemble the handgun. It is the easiest to shoot handgun, and it's the most point-able or instinctive to shoot. Plus, it is the lightest handgun of the three you mentioned. Not to mention, the least expensive. Need I say more? - We love our Glocks.

Fight ignorance with logic and reason.
2 years 11 weeks ago, 7:45 AM

MattyTheJet

MattyTheJet's picture

Rank:
Lieutenant General
Points:
1027
Join Date:
Mar 2012
Location:
Sebring, Florida, United States
Glock vs. XDm

Having shot both, I prefer the XDm for safety reasons. The additional beavertail style safety on the back of the XDm I think adds an extra layer of protection against accidental discharges, especially if it's going to be a duty weapon. That being said, the best safety for any gun is between the operator's ears, anyway. Both fine weapons, prefer my Springfield, but wouldn't spit on a Glock by any means.

2 years 10 weeks ago, 9:27 AM

Hawkeye50317

Hawkeye50317's picture

Rank:
Colonel
Points:
133
Join Date:
Sep 2011
Location:
Des Moines, IA, United States
Additional questions

GlockStore wrote:
Hawkeye50317 wrote:
Hey Joel (Glockstore), how would you compare the 4th gen Glock .40 S&W to say the Springfield Armory XDM 3.8" .40 S&W or maybe even the Smith & Wesson M&P .40 S&W? Curious.

Well, seeing that we specialize in Glocks, I am at a bit of a disadvantage. You're asking me to answer a question which will certainly draw fire from individuals who position themselves on opposite sides of the fence. That is, since I am undeniably biased towards Glocks, my perspective positions my response from that viewpoint.

As such, I can speak about my experience with Glocks, and perhaps someone else will be able to offer you their experiences with the XDM and the M&P.

With that, the Glock is a Glock....which is arguably the most reliable handgun on the market and the one with the fewest parts. It is, without a doubt, the simplest shooting mechanism ever developed. There are only 30 parts in the gun itself, and anyone can learn to completely disassemble and then reassemble the handgun. It is the easiest to shoot handgun, and it's the most point-able or instinctive to shoot. Plus, it is the lightest handgun of the three you mentioned. Not to mention, the least expensive. Need I say more? - We love our Glocks.

One more question regarding the Glock, do you need a tool of any sort in order to field strip it and clean it? I know that the Springfield Armory XDM does not need a tool to field strip and clean.
Also, the Springfield Armory XDM, like the Smith & Wesson both come with a lifetime warranty to the original buyer, does the Glock?
Just asking, you seem to be the one to ask.

2 years 11 weeks ago, 8:12 PM

Jeffashbyjr

Jeffashbyjr's picture

Rank:
Lieutenant General
Points:
826
Join Date:
May 2010
Location:
The boonies outside of pensacola, Fl, United States
Hey Glockstore

I am a free stuff fan ( Glocks, parts, swag)

If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?
2 years 10 weeks ago, 9:54 AM

MattyTheJet

MattyTheJet's picture

Rank:
Lieutenant General
Points:
1027
Join Date:
Mar 2012
Location:
Sebring, Florida, United States
LOL

Jeff, try to be a little more transparent next time, I think your wants might have been a little ambiguous.

2 years 10 weeks ago, 10:07 AM

luckybychoice

luckybychoice's picture


Rank:
Secretary of the Treasury
Points:
6774
Join Date:
May 2009
Location:
United States
jeff

Right on dude.haha.

i tried being reasonable,i didn't like it, NRA LIFE MEMBER,USMC VETERAN
2 years 10 weeks ago, 7:05 PM

Jeffashbyjr

Jeffashbyjr's picture

Rank:
Lieutenant General
Points:
826
Join Date:
May 2010
Location:
The boonies outside of pensacola, Fl, United States
Matty

It's easier if you just cut out the bull shit and tell em what you want

If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?
2 years 10 weeks ago, 8:44 AM

MattyTheJet

MattyTheJet's picture

Rank:
Lieutenant General
Points:
1027
Join Date:
Mar 2012
Location:
Sebring, Florida, United States

LOL, no argument there.

2 years 10 weeks ago, 1:59 PM

tallguy007

tallguy007's picture

Rank:
Lieutenant General
Points:
1917
Join Date:
Aug 2010
Location:
yavin, outer rim, American Samoa
All hand guns

How many rounds can you put threw safely before you should not shoot it FOR REAL?
If you buy brand name ammo your gun should not blow up?What will people say when we have space guns ? Cry I do not trust them stick with gun powered rounds?

MY 2 CENTS OH THE HARD ROCK KICK MY A@@ TODAY :>( dam penny slots

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR
2 years 10 weeks ago, 10:22 AM

daisycutter

daisycutter's picture

Rank:
General
Points:
4387
Join Date:
Jul 2009
Location:
Arkansas

"Cheaper Than Dirt" brand new for $108, about one box of ammo may be the limit.
LOL !!

iyaoyas
2 years 10 weeks ago, 9:30 AM

Hawkeye50317

Hawkeye50317's picture

Rank:
Colonel
Points:
133
Join Date:
Sep 2011
Location:
Des Moines, IA, United States
follow-up

daisycutter wrote:
"Cheaper Than Dirt" brand new for $108, about one box of ammo may be the limit.
LOL !!

Sounds like CheaperThanDirt.com might be a little shady based on that comment. Or, am I reading too much into that?

2 years 10 weeks ago, 9:38 AM

daisycutter

daisycutter's picture

Rank:
General
Points:
4387
Join Date:
Jul 2009
Location:
Arkansas

Yugo or a Rolls.
Cheaper Than Dirt sells guns all across the spectrum. "Affrodable" guns for the financially challenged and high end stuff for those who have more money than good sense LOL!!!
Nope, they're not a shady outfit at all, I'd recommend buying from them if they have one you want.

iyaoyas
2 years 10 weeks ago, 10:08 AM

Hawkeye50317

Hawkeye50317's picture

Rank:
Colonel
Points:
133
Join Date:
Sep 2011
Location:
Des Moines, IA, United States

daisycutter wrote:
Yugo or a Rolls.
Cheaper Than Dirt sells guns all across the spectrum. "Affrodable" guns for the financially challenged and high end stuff for those who have more money than good sense LOL!!!
Nope, they're not a shady outfit at all, I'd recommend buying from them if they have one you want.

Good to hear because I have seen a couple of things I wouldn't mind purchasing. Especially ammo.

2 years 10 weeks ago, 4:29 PM

tallguy007

tallguy007's picture

Rank:
Lieutenant General
Points:
1917
Join Date:
Aug 2010
Location:
yavin, outer rim, American Samoa
daisycutter

the OLE SAYING ( you get what you pay for) Plus never bought any thing from them yet.lol

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR
2 years 4 weeks ago, 8:23 PM

daffodil255

daffodil255's picture

Rank:
Private
Points:
1
Join Date:
Jun 2012
hi all

Hi !
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

2 years 4 weeks ago, 9:31 PM

daisycutter

daisycutter's picture

Rank:
General
Points:
4387
Join Date:
Jul 2009
Location:
Arkansas

flower garden LOL!!

iyaoyas
2 years 4 weeks ago, 9:39 PM

margaritaville

margaritaville's picture

Rank:
Colonel
Points:
186
Join Date:
Aug 2009
Welcome aboard !!

Glad to have you here.

Which way are my people going? I have to lead them there!
2 years 4 weeks ago, 9:38 AM

luckybychoice

luckybychoice's picture


Rank:
Secretary of the Treasury
Points:
6774
Join Date:
May 2009
Location:
United States
you know Daffy

had a web link,which i deleted,i believe he/she/it isa one and gone poster.I will let it stay for a day or 2 more then off to the trash....

i tried being reasonable,i didn't like it, NRA LIFE MEMBER,USMC VETERAN

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 1190 (0 members and 1190 guests)

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,639, Comments: 160,802, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity