Osama Bin Laden Dead: Does This Really Even Matter More Than For Morale?
I am perplexed by the celebration over Osama Bin Laden's death... We are so worked up as a nation over a death of a single individual that is claimed to haev been behind some attacks un US Ships, an Embassy and some other targets... Most notably he is claimed to be responsible for the downing of the Twin Towers in New York on 9/11...
Here are the things that bother me about all of this:
1. He is an individual part of a bad organization... Many people are surely looming in the background and now ready to seize control as with any group. What actually changes from this?
2. How is Barack Obama responsible for US Military Special Operations? I seriously doubt he formulated any strategy whatsoever in this situation... His approval ratings are so much higher than I can even image at 45% when I last heard... Is America really this spaced out?
3. He may have been a really bad guy, but there are so many to choose from, even here in our own country... Why are we so fixated on this one guy that was old and probably already dying...
4. Does anyone here believe that jet fuel is capable of melting steel beams and causing a perfect set of explosions 40 floors below impact? There does seem to be much more at work here such as incendiary explosives to drop those buildings.
5. Was anything at all gained other than a small morale boost for Jr. enlisted personnel that feel this was a big deal or the public that actually listens to the media as fact provider?
I look forward to everyone's comments... Let's try to keep it polite though.. Good debate means we should all be able to communicate without so much profanity or emotional interference... I want to hear real ideas and fact!
What have you got?
Best Regards TL “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ---Aristotle Greek critic, philosopher, physicist, & zoologist (384 BC - 322 BC)
5 years 7 weeks ago, 12:01 PM