Forums / Gun Discussion / Para Ordnance 1911 GI Expert Likes and Dislikes

3 years 19 weeks ago, 6:14 PM

Snake

Snake's picture

Lieutenant General

I have had my Para Ordnance for 3 days now. I have went over it with a fine tooth comb to say the least. Here are my likes and dislikes as of now.

1. The frame and slide are solid and mated perfectly to each other. I assume this improves accuracy and general stability while shooting.

2. The covert black para kote (TM) is awesome and brings the gun to life when outside on sunny days shooting.

3. The trigger pull is not very rough. I dont know the exact lbs of pull as Para USA dosent list it as far as I have seen on the GI Expert Page.

4. Its not heavy at all. 39 ounces makes it light and easy to shoot for me.

5. The hammer is a Skeletonized Spur. Even though I like it I plan to replace it with a ring hammer if I can.

6. Multiple safety features from Slide Lock, Internal Firing Block and the best one in my view is the Beaver Tail Safety which requires the right grip to disengage it. Example: If the safety is off then the gun still will not fire unlesss you grip it correctly to disengage the beaver tail safety. With the correct grip the gun will fire.

7. Easy to field strip and clean and easy to put back together.

Dislikes

1. 3-Dot sight, I would like glow in the dark sights on it personally.

2. Flimsy Mags, Maybe will get chip McCormick mags soon.

3. No rail to mount a tac light or laser.

4. Grips are plastic which I plan to replace with wood in a snake scale pattern if I can.

5. Guide rod is to small for my likings,I plan on getting a wilson combat full length guide rod.

All in all the gun performs well to my likings but with some of the improvements it will be flawless in my view.

Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.-Ronald Reagan
3 years 19 weeks ago, 7:06 PM

Vaquero

Vaquero's picture

General of the Army
Sounds like

An out of the box 1911!!!
What the hell???

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!
3 years 19 weeks ago, 7:08 PM

Snake

Snake's picture

Lieutenant General
Vaq

Yep she is brand new. Everyone has there ways of makin there firearm custom and thats what I plan to do.

Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.-Ronald Reagan
3 years 19 weeks ago, 7:26 PM

Vaquero

Vaquero's picture

General of the Army

I like jacking with ya more than I dislike ya.
?????

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!
3 years 19 weeks ago, 7:36 PM

Snake

Snake's picture

Lieutenant General
Nah vaq no prob man

I didnt take ya as a "threat" lol. If I was to disagree or have a bone to pic with ya I would confront ya on the matter. So no problems I respect everyones input on anything I say as long as it dosent get personal haha!

3 years 19 weeks ago, 7:28 AM

Muskroom

Muskroom's picture

Captain
I love mine!

Likes : Price, Trigger feels great, great almost custom 1911 for under 600.
Dislikes: Paint but cant complain for the price.

My mods: I polished the feed ramp and the gun is 100%. Also some grips off eBay for $40.00

For the price and fit not so much finish it's an awesome 1911. For me it is my first so again with that price i don't feel bad tinkering with it and learning the platform..

3 years 16 weeks ago, 8:11 AM

topps217

topps217's picture

Master Sergeant
GI Expert

i love my para for the price you cant really go wrong ive had no issues with feeding and firing different types , brands of ammo i am looking at new sites prefferably hi viz and new grips but no complaints an awesome out of the box 1911

3 years 16 weeks ago, 8:15 AM

topps217

topps217's picture

Master Sergeant
para 1911

any advice on sites and where i can find some decent wood grips would be great

3 years 15 weeks ago, 9:38 PM

Ironmike15

Ironmike15's picture

Brigadier General
wickedgrips

You looking for nice grips..or stocks..there you go. They are awesome. Also that pistol sounds pretty nice to me. I don't have any 1911 with full lenght guide rods. I have no idea what value they offer. I know what some say they do, but apparently they don't do much except complicate things. I don't like the rails on 1911 either. I have them on one of mine. No thanks.. it is heavy enough already. Rails on glocks..yes..rails on 1911.. not for me. I do like the night sights on my sig 1911..but I don't know.. would crimsons be far better.. I haven't made up my mind. What do you all think.. keep my military sights and add crimsons or get some wilson night sights like the gunblast gentleman got for his 1911.

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 788 (0 members and 788 guests)

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,639, Comments: 160,789, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity