I have had my Para Ordnance for 3 days now. I have went over it with a fine tooth comb to say the least. Here are my likes and dislikes as of now.
1. The frame and slide are solid and mated perfectly to each other. I assume this improves accuracy and general stability while shooting.
2. The covert black para kote (TM) is awesome and brings the gun to life when outside on sunny days shooting.
3. The trigger pull is not very rough. I dont know the exact lbs of pull as Para USA dosent list it as far as I have seen on the GI Expert Page.
4. Its not heavy at all. 39 ounces makes it light and easy to shoot for me.
5. The hammer is a Skeletonized Spur. Even though I like it I plan to replace it with a ring hammer if I can.
6. Multiple safety features from Slide Lock, Internal Firing Block and the best one in my view is the Beaver Tail Safety which requires the right grip to disengage it. Example: If the safety is off then the gun still will not fire unlesss you grip it correctly to disengage the beaver tail safety. With the correct grip the gun will fire.
7. Easy to field strip and clean and easy to put back together.
1. 3-Dot sight, I would like glow in the dark sights on it personally.
2. Flimsy Mags, Maybe will get chip McCormick mags soon.
3. No rail to mount a tac light or laser.
4. Grips are plastic which I plan to replace with wood in a snake scale pattern if I can.
5. Guide rod is to small for my likings,I plan on getting a wilson combat full length guide rod.
All in all the gun performs well to my likings but with some of the improvements it will be flawless in my view.
Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.-Ronald Reagan
5 years 9 weeks ago, 6:14 PM