Forums / Gun Discussion / Proud owner of a Mosin Nagant 91/30

3 years 33 weeks ago, 2:34 PM

luckybychoice

luckybychoice's picture

Secretary of the Treasury

I just bought a Mosin Nagant 91/30 today for 99.00 bucks and 440 rds of 7.62 x 54R for 84.00.It came with the bayonet,ammo pouchs,sling and cleaning gear.Its covered in cosmoline so i wil post a photo after i clean it.Dated 1942

i tried being reasonable,i didn't like it, NRA LIFE MEMBER,USMC VETERAN
3 years 33 weeks ago, 2:40 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
yeah brother

those are good shooters. I probably have a total of 10 nagants (91/30's, M38's, M44's) and I was still tempted to buy a crate of 91/30's yesterday! They had a really cool hex reciever 1916 91/30 that was dedicated to peter the great. It had some really cool markings. Those things have a lot of history. sounds like you're starting a little commie collection.

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
3 years 33 weeks ago, 2:41 PM

Snake

Snake's picture

Lieutenant General
LBC

Congrats. I got a 1943 Nagant. Brake Cleaner will get the Cosmo off. I assume the 440 rounds are surplus ammo so after shooting be sure to clean it as the surplus ammo have corrosive primers.

All the extras you got with your nagant also came with mine. Cleaning kit bayonet and 2 ammo pouches.

Be sure to tell us how she does.

Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.-Ronald Reagan
3 years 33 weeks ago, 2:52 PM

luckybychoice

luckybychoice's picture

commie collection

yep,They got some history,and they are guarranted shooters,so now i will go out in my garage and clean it up,i think i might shoot it tomorrow,but saturday for sure as i am going to a KD range anyway.

3 years 33 weeks ago, 4:18 PM

Anonymous

LBC

What is this money for guns week, you lucky old grunt, whack union, I am just jealous as hell and glad you got what you want, and have what I want, but always more, HEHE JLC

3 years 33 weeks ago, 8:42 PM

grant22

grant22's picture

Colonel

Nice! That's what hooked me in the first place! 1937 here. Have fun with it, I think you'll like it's accuracy. And the history is really neat, too. What else can you buy that's that old, does something that usefull, andcosts only $99? Nuttin'!

Iron Maiden is my religion!
3 years 33 weeks ago, 5:30 AM

luckybychoice

luckybychoice's picture

website for getting info on the rifles,you guys might have this already http://7.62x54r.net/

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 1112 (0 members and 1112 guests)

Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,703, Comments: 161,914, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity