Forums / Gun Discussion / Reaper308

5 years 48 weeks ago, 11:14 AM

samD

samD's picture

President
Green Valley, Free State of Arizona, United States
Reaper308

Did you get to fire the new AK? How is it?

5 years 48 weeks ago, 11:43 AM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
not yet

too busy working (yeah I actually work) so I probably won't have time until Sat or Sun. I've already striped, cleaned and lubed it twice even though its brend new (I know, I'm crazy). Also picked up a surplus Romanian bayonet and surplus Russian leather sling... so it should look like a true eastern bloc rifle when I'm finished.
I'm also waiting on some ammo that I ordered online. I bought a 700 rd. can of romanian mil spec 7.62x39 ammo... but due to the "frenzy" (post election orders) out there, they were backed up 10-14 days. Hopefully it will arrive this week. If its not here by this weekend, I'll just give in and go buy 100 rds at a local shop. I just hate doing that cause 20 rd. boxes of the cheap shit are up to $7 now days which is double what I pay when I buy in bulk. Time to start paying off my credit card!!!

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
5 years 48 weeks ago, 11:47 AM

samD

samD's picture

President
I hear ya'

I feel your pain too. I think we citizens are more armed and stockpiled with ammo than the current US military...LOL

"WORK, is the curse of the drinking class" unk. circa 1999

5 years 48 weeks ago, 12:02 PM

clintlebo

clintlebo's picture

General

I'll drink to that

clint

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin & Hobbes)
5 years 48 weeks ago, 12:03 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense

and I'll drink to your drink

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate" "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash."
5 years 48 weeks ago, 12:06 PM

clintlebo

clintlebo's picture

General
drinkin

what are you drinking?

I heard of a new drink I will NEVER try: it is called the tapeworm.

2 shots of tequila and a squirt of mayonaise in the glass. It looks like a tape worm suspended in the tequila.

I have no idea how this relates to Reapers AK, but drink on, just not the tape worm...WTF

clint

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin & Hobbes)
5 years 48 weeks ago, 12:15 PM

samD

samD's picture

President
Well

Fuck me dead, that is gross. A tapeworm, you kids today. What imaginations, I guess you just don't like booze, like us old farts, with our 3 and 4 Martini lunches. Those were the days, my friend.

5 years 48 weeks ago, 12:10 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
no thanks

i took a very large shot in new zealand once that was composed of tequila, whisky, vodka, rum, raw egg yolk. After taking the shot, I proceded to give it back to the bar... if you know what I mean. The egg just slid down my throat last, and um... no bueno

5 years 48 weeks ago, 2:33 PM

Anonymous

romanian surplus ammo

most of you probably know this,most if not all surplus foreign military ammo used corrosive primers.so make sure to clean your weapons after shooting to prevent rust in your guns

5 years 48 weeks ago, 4:35 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense
greasy

I know what you're saying. this particular ammo claims to be 100% non-corrosive. I have researched it and for the price... no complaints. it sure beats wolf. I will still clean my rifle afterwards though.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/7_62x39.html

5 years 48 weeks ago, 5:33 PM

Anonymous

aimsurplus ammo

i have used some of the .223 ammo by the same company,it is decent ammo,noncorrosive and priced right

5 years 48 weeks ago, 7:49 PM

Reaper308

Reaper308's picture

Secretary of Defense

the only bad thing about this ammo is the laquer coating on the steel case which can bulid up on the extractor if you let a round sit while its hot... it is fine for AKs and SKS's but just be careful using laquer coated ammo in american rifles like AR's. I've seen extractors sent to their graves because of it. this goes for wolf, golden tiger, brown bear, ebear and any other animal out there

Who's Online

Guns Lot Activity
Users
Currently Active Users: 616 (0 members and 616 guests)

Users Active within the last 24 hours
nobile157, Caber, captmax, presslerms, tallguy007, gomer, jpdental, teko52
Guns Lot Statistics
Stats Topics: 8,654, Comments: 161,088, Members: 23,517
Welcome our newest member: Hank6046

Recent Activity